Hacking triiforce mrc

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hi, fast question.. Where are Im suppose to but the Ocriana codes? I tried to make a "codes" folder and put in root but it do not find them. I need to use MRC of Triiforce since it doesn't give me a DSI error.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
linuxares said:
hi, fast question.. Where are Im suppose to but the Ocriana codes? I tried to make a "codes" folder and put in root but it do not find them. I need to use MRC of Triiforce since it doesn't give me a DSI error.
Ocarina codes should go in the same folder as images.

M

myspacee

Sinyk said:
james, use a forwarder. The official forwarder is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/?m3jgxgnjcw5

MAKE SURE your triiforce boot.dol is in the folder SD:\apps\triiforce. Most of the time when the forwarder does not work, people have it in a folder named triiforce_mrc instead.

I never thought of my auto sd loader as unofficial, but I guess it is!

Sinyk,
can you upload again forwarder ? link is dead http://www.mediafire.com/?m3jgxgnjcw5

Thank you also for SD version !

m.

Damn3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
dEVQO.png
7kvFQ.png
AxOgx.png
IPr4N.png

Little pack for 8 Wiiware games, all by me for you

36NGT.png
eC9mK.png
HRfHa.png
FRxpJ.png

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
myspacee said:
Sinyk said:
james, use a forwarder. The official forwarder is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/?m3jgxgnjcw5

MAKE SURE your triiforce boot.dol is in the folder SD:\apps\triiforce. Most of the time when the forwarder does not work, people have it in a folder named triiforce_mrc instead.

I never thought of my auto sd loader as unofficial, but I guess it is!

Sinyk,
can you upload again forwarder ? link is dead http://www.mediafire.com/?m3jgxgnjcw5

Thank you also for SD version !

m.

Try this one. http://www.mediafire.com/?joz1jo4ytlx

cndnlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi Sinyk,

Would it be possible to get a USB Forwarder like the one you have created for SD Forawrding. I have had a quick look around at some of the tutorials and application but still not sure on how to create my own.

Cheers

cndnlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sinyk said:
cndnlink said:
Hi Sinyk,

Would it be possible to get a USB Forwarder like the one you have created for SD Forawrding. I have had a quick look around at some of the tutorials and application but still not sure on how to create my own.

Cheers

That would be this guy: http://www.mediafire.com/?ayimiiomoz0

Thanks Sinyk,

But that is not quite what i am after, sorry if I wasn't clear. I already have a dol file located on my USB HDD that auto loads the USB NAND. What I am looking for is a Channel WAD which looks for this dol on the USB and loads it.

The one you have included in you tutorial tries to load the dol from SD.

Cheers

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cndnlink said:
Sinyk said:
cndnlink said:
Hi Sinyk,

Cheers

Thanks Sinyk,

But that is not quite what i am after, sorry if I wasn't clear. I already have a dol file located on my USB HDD that auto loads the USB NAND. What I am looking for is a Channel WAD which looks for this dol on the USB and loads it.

Cheers

Whoops, you did say forwarder. I just can't read apparently
tongue.gif
I don't have one in stock unfortunately, but I believe some people have made a few of their own. I'm not familiar with what it takes to create a forwarder.

cndnlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks Sinyk,

I may have to just stick with the Channel for the time being as it is version 7 but not auto load to USB, It also has off center graphics for the channel image though and looks like shite.

I would prefer to have a forwarder to the dol as it make its a tad easier to update, but I guess I will make do. Hopefully someone on here can sort something out for me and others.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc, how difficult would it be to mod the source to work with other size images? I take it the images in the /data folder would need to be modified as well? I'd like to try to get a version compiled that worked with images from Nintendo's site (160x225), resized to perhaps 112x156 (for a 5x2 grid) or 120x168 (for a 4x2 grid) or something close to that which would fit nicely.

nicholasblock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
marc, how difficult would it be to mod the source to work with other size images? I take it the images in the /data folder would need to be modified as well? I'd like to try to get a version compiled that worked with images from Nintendo's site (160x225), resized to perhaps 112x156 (for a 5x2 grid) or 120x168 (for a 4x2 grid) or something close to that which would fit nicely.

I would also be interested in this too. I asked the same question a page back but got no response as of yet.

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skizzo said:

By request
wink.gif

112x156 5x2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?jmwywy3t0hm

120x168 4x2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?dmlzkjmkjmq

They are not auto loading and I have not tested them as I use the regular image sizes (because I already have a ton of them), but let me know if these worked.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Sinyk, appreciate it. I won't be able to test them until tomorrow, will let you know how it goes. If you get the chance, could you provide the source code and perhaps explain the changes to the source and/or data that were necessary? I've got no real coding experience beyond BASIC, but I took a look at main.c. and some of the #defines are pretty self-explanatory, but others are not.

If anyone wants, I've grabbed all the US WW images from Nintendo and can put them on mediafire tomorrow some time.

Thanks again Sinyk.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
cndnlink said:
Sinyk said:
cndnlink said:
Hi Sinyk,

Cheers

Thanks Sinyk,

Cheers

check out my thread it has Forwarder Channels and Hybrid channels for both versions of TriiForce

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194899

cndnlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Skizzo said:
Thanks Sinyk, appreciate it. I won't be able to test them until tomorrow, will let you know how it goes. If you get the chance, could you provide the source code and perhaps explain the changes to the source and/or data that were necessary? I've got no real coding experience beyond BASIC, but I took a look at main.c. and some of the #defines are pretty self-explanatory, but others are not.

If anyone wants, I've grabbed all the US WW images from Nintendo and can put them on mediafire tomorrow some time.

Thanks again Sinyk.

I wouldn't mind Skizzo. I'll grab the images and the apps to see how they look.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Sparklex: as you know I got Cubello working making a full dump of my NAND.
However I tried Pokemon Rumble PAL and it also works perfectly with triiforce mrc (running through apploader). So I don't know what can be happening on your console
frown.gif

Sparklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
Sparklex: as you know I got Cubello working making a full dump of my NAND.
However I tried Pokemon Rumble PAL and it also works perfectly with triiforce mrc (running through apploader). So I don't know what can be happening on your console
frown.gif
marc its running fine but only with less than total 123 pictures/covers in the triiforce_mrc folder on sd card.
With more its crashes with a dsi
wink2.gif

Extract all 147 pics and try it yourself
smile.gif

//by the way happy 4th advent to all!

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
I think we must be talking at crossed purposes here, as I have searched for days and tried dozens of different compiles / different setups but have not had one single time where the wii resets after exiting a game by hitting 'home' then 'wii menu'

Every setup does reset to wii menu after exiting game if I press 'home' then 'reset' or, if from Triiforce Menu I select 'home' then 'Reboot to Wii Menu' (and of course code dumps if Return to HBC is selected and Triiforce wasn't launched from HBC)

Thanks for your assistance anyhow
wink2.gif
I have this same issue, where the Wii just goes to a black screen and freezes when I select to return to Wii Menu. I thought there was a post where someone had given instruction to modify one of the NAND files to correct this... but I'm at a loss for being able to find it. Does anyone know how to correct this so it actually returns to the Wii Menu on exit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O