db.tt
XP
Country
United States
gil21 said:
can somebody give me an explanation on how to use this software

1.) Dump your Nand with Simple FS dumper
2.) Place TriiForce in SD:/apps/TriiForce
3.) Prepare SD card or USB HD for TriiForce usage(USB HD must be FAT32 and set to active).
4.) Copy the dumped Nand folders to your PC
5.) Install wads with ShowMiiWads to the Nand(on your computer).
6.) Place all dumped Nand folders(including the installed wads) on your SD card to SD:/
7.) Start TriiForce from HBC
8.) Enjoy

:-)

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So far, I've tested with success using both Triiforce [r7 + cIOS rev14] and [r74 + cIOS rev15], loading from SD-NAND, the following:

- Bit.Trip Beat
- Bit.Trip Core
- Excitebike World Rally
- Helix
- Megaman 9 + DLC
- World of Goo

That's all fine. However, with both combinations, the following failed (green screen if using normal load, black screen if using load apploader):

- Pokémon Rumble
- Strong Bad's Cool (...) Episode 1

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

tpb8675309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
would somebody like to test this out? i created a .app with dolboot to be copied to the system menu location of emulated nand. the dol *hopefully* will break the nand emulation and will allow you to exit games without blackscreen. to use this, you will need to dump the system menu folders to your nand dump. then just overwrite the system menu .app with this one. http://www.mediafire.com/?nky3wmzmlyr
the .app to save this as will be different for different system menu versions.
You Rock! Totally fixed my exit issues. I'm on Priiloader r15 so my my system menu *.app files are non-standard.

For those with this issue. Here's what I did.

Grab the output.app1 file from the link provided.
grab your USB-NAND disk.
go to /title/00000001/00000002/content
note the name of any file larger than 5k and put this file in their place.

For example...

/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000073.app = 611k (I think it's priioader)
/title/00000001/00000002/content/10000073.app = 3778k (the orig system menu app before priiloader)
/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000072.app = 6250k (dont know, don't care... clobber it)
copy output.app1 /title/00000001/00000002/content/00000073.app
copy output.app1 /title/00000001/00000002/content/10000073.app (redundant, but who cares)
copy output.app1 /title/00000001/00000002/content/00000072.app

try again and all is peaches!

awesome hack... thx.

Sparklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fbscarel said:
... However, with both combinations, the following failed (green screen if using normal load, black screen if using load apploader):

- Pokémon Rumble
- Strong Bad's Cool (...) Episode 1

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!
Install IOS56 (v5405) first and start it as "load apploader"
wink2.gif

(doesn't work with triiforce_mrc)

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Excuse my ignorance, but what other Triiforce version is there, other than triiforce_mrc? You mean I have to necessarily install both WADs to Real-Nand, or something else?

I'm using Triiforce r74 + cIOS rev 15 to load USB-Nand, if it helps, by the way.

Sparklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fbscarel said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what other Triiforce version is there, other than triiforce_mrc? You mean I have to necessarily install both WADs to Real-Nand, or something else?

I'm using Triiforce r74 + cIOS rev 15 to load USB-Nand, if it helps, by the way.
I had the same issue with Pokemon rumble Pal ID_WPSP (blackscreen it wont run).
After i installed ios56 (v5405) on real nand (it doent matter if its installed on usb-nand or not!) the game runs on original triiforce with "load apploader", but not with the triiforce modification _mrc.
Using last triiforce v7 release + cios 249 rev 14

Maybe the mrc version has a bug inside dont know, i have reported that some days ago to marc and we're searching a way to fix it. Stay tuned

//EDIT II
good it runs with less than 123 pictures in triiforce_mrc-folder with more it crashes with a dsi exception

tpb8675309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK.. had some more time to load stuff into Triiforce r74 and here are my findings.

Sort version...
From VC game {Home}_button->{Wii Menu}_button hangs my Console

First some background. Here's my config:
LU37+, System Menu 4.0U, Priiloader v0.1, IOS36 = Patched,
IOS60 = Patched, IOS249 = cIOS38_rev14, IOS250 = cIOS38_rev14_bkup
IOS254 = BootMii beta4, 'DVDX' v1, 'JODI' v1.0.6

I don't know if it's Priiloader or Triiforce that is the cause of the problem. I tried using Triiforce to run one of the games (FAFE = Mario Bros NES) from my real NAND and it still locked when I choose to exit the game. So I started fooling around and found some interesting things.

First giantpune's hack got "Dig Dug" (FEDN) working, but Mario Bros was still having issues. Then I looked at the games in ShowMiiWads and saw that Mario Bros IOS Flag was set to use IOS 9. I went into the title.tmd file at offset 0x184 and changed it to use IOS 249. Viola! Now with the giantpune's hack, most of my games that were failing on exit now exit to HBC. Also, r74 is critical. Going to an early rev breaks the exit feature on most of my games as well, so r74 is an improvement to be sure.

Here's my CleanExit matrix:
"Dig Dug" FEDN -> IOS_Flag=33, Load=Normal, SystemMenu=giantpune's ==> Exits to HBC
"Mario Bros" FAFE -> IOS_Flag (patched)=249, Load=Normal, SystemMenu=giantpune's ==> Exits to HBC
"Super Mario Bros" FAGE -> IOS_Flag (patched)=249, Load=AppLoader, SystemMenu=giantpune's ==> *Partial Fail*
"Yoshi's Cookie" FCYE -> IOS_Flag (patched)=249, Load=Normal, SystemMenu=giantpune's ==> *Fails on All Exits*
"Dr. Mario Online Rx" WDME -> IOS_Flag (patched)=249, Load=Normal, SystemMenu=giantpune's ==> *Partial Fail*

The Super Mario Bros CAN work if instead of choosing {Wii Menu} I choose {"Reset"} then when the game reloads choose {Wii Menu}. This clobbers the save game, so not the best option.

The Dr. Mario Online Rx will let me save game, then to exit instead of choosing {Wii Menu} I choose {"Reset"}. So looks like of my 5 titles, I can leave 3 of them on TriiForce, and just run Yoshi Cookie and Super Mario Bros on my real nand.

Are there any plans to make Triiforce a bit more Priiloader friendly. I realize that Priiloader folks are a small minority but without bootmii->boot2 it's our only brick protection. It might also be worth a small change to patch the title.tmd when you read it in. Add an option to "Force IOS Flag" or something. That change along with giantpune is the only reason any of my games are able to exit without hanging.

I'll be loading another dozen or so games, so I'll let know know if any others work or if I have to do any thing else creative to fix it.

PS. All the games *PLAY* perfectly so since that is the real meat of the program, it's executing flawlessly! Kudos.

thx.

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok Sparklex, I've tested Pokémon Rumble exaustively this weekend and got the following results:

- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r7 + Load Apploader = Black Screen
- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r7 + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen
- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74 + Load Apploader = Black Screen
- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74 + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen
- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce MRC r7 + Load Apploader = Black Screen
- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce MRC r7 + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen

IOS's installed, both on Real-NAND and USB-NAND:

- IOS 33 v3091
- IOS 35 v3349
- IOS 37 v3869
- IOS 53 v5406
- IOS 55 v5406
- IOS 56 v5405

I think I've covered almost all possible test cases, with no success. I didn't try with cIOS rev 15 though, since Triiforce r7 won't work with it (only r74).

Oh, and if it helps, my Wii is a 3.2J patched with AnyRegionChanger to become 3.2U.

What could possibly be wrong? If any addional information is needed, please ask.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Sparklex said:
Sry i can't help you
frown.gif

I've talked with marc (triiforce_mrc developer) and he also cant run it on his wii.
Dont know whats wrong or different on my wii it makes possible to run the game.

installed ios:
http://pastebin.com/m20c8265f

//edit, sysCheck:
http://pastebin.com/m3e1b889b
Me and fbscarel are using cIOS rev15. I think you told me you were using rev14. Maybe it's a cIOS thing.

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thought that too marc, but if you take a look at my last post you'll see I used cIOS rev 14 for all test cases. I did so because Triiforce r7 seemingly works only with rev 14; with rev 15, no USB is detected. Triiforce MRC and Triiforce r74 work with cIOS rev 15 with no problems, though.

Aside from Pokémon Rumble, I've also had problems with Strong Bad's Episode 1. I can make a list working/not working games here, if needed.

Also, if it'd help, I can re-run all test cases using cIOS's rev 14 & 15 with Triiforces r7, r74 & MRC v7 and report back. Please let me know.

Edit 1: I'll run SysCheck v1.1 and report results.
Edit 2: SysCheck done, results here: http://pwfriends.com.br/banks/wii/sysCheck_20091216.csv
Edit 3: I've made a file highlighting all differences I found between Sparklex's NAND and mine (some might be due to my system having and old menu, 3.2U). In the left column you can find my NAND information, and in the right column between brackets, the corresponding differences. In the end of the file, there is a list of all missing IOS's in my NAND when compared to his. Link: http://pwfriends.com.br/banks/wii/sysCheck_diff_20091216.txt

Sparklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinrocks123 said:
Hey does anyone know if this is still being worked on?
Havn't really heard about any new realeases?
B)
svn r74 is the last released build listed on google code (22. November)
Dont know if the guys actually working on it (im hopening)

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, results are in. I patched IOS 56 using regular DOP-IOS with Trucha-Bug, new syscheck can be found here: http://pwfriends.com.br/banks/wii/sysCheck_20091216_v2.csv

Done that, test cases:

- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74 + Load Apploader = Black Screen
- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74 + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen
- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce MRC r7 + Load Apploader = Black Screen
- cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce MRC r7 + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen

So, still no luck. Anything else worth trying?

Edit 1: I've tried enabling the debugger but nothing useful pops up before the black screen. I've downloaded and compiled the code over here, now its a looong way until understanding everything before even having a remote chance of pinpointing this bug (IF it's a bug after all). If one of the developers is willing to lend me a hand so the learning process can be a bit faster, would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during... +2