Hacking TriiForce beta testing

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
fbscarel said:
Thought that too marc, but if you take a look at my last post you'll see I used cIOS rev 14 for all test cases
Oh nice, I don't know why I read rev15 somewhere. Sorry
smile.gif

Anyway, I don't think having an IOS on NAND is the reason.
Sparklex has a 1:1 copy of its NAND and is the only one that managed to run Pokemon and Cubello (the one that I'm interested). So maybe SimpleFSDumper is missing some files. I'll try to make a perfect 1:1 copy of my NAND and see what happens.

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey marc and WiiPower, I just did a test that never before occurred to me... here goes:

- REAL-NAND Pokémon Rumble + cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74 + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen
- REAL-NAND Strong Bad's Episode 1 + cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74 + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen
- REAL-NAND Pokémon Rumble + cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74 + Load Apploader = Works!
- REAL-NAND Strong Bad's Episode 1 + cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74 + Load Apploader = Works!

So, using Real-NAND seems to do the trick, loading it with Triiforce's Load Apploader. Since (I assume) Triiforce loads the games the same way regardless if it's using Real, SD, or USB Nand, then it mustn't be a Triiforce bug but instead a lack of files being dumped, or something similar.

I'll test with fstoolbox and get back to you.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TriiForce does exactly the same on emulated nand as it does on real nand. But "Load apploader" starts the game the same way the menu does while the "normal" method skips the apploader and boots the .dol of the channel directly. And the apploader involves an IOS Reload ==> nand emu won't work.

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, testing with FSToolbox 0.4 dump copied to USB device + cIOS rev 14 + Triiforce r74. Results:

- USB-Nand Megaman 9 + Normal Boot Method = Works!
- USB-Nand Pokémon Rumble + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen
- USB-Nand Strong Bad's Episode 1 + Normal Boot Method = Green Screen
- USB-Nand Art Style Cubello + Normal Boot Method = Black Screen

- USB-Nand Megaman 9 + Load Apploader = Works!
- USB-Nand Pokémon Rumble + Load Apploader = Works!
- USB-Nand Strong Bad's Episode 1 + Load Apploader = Black Screen
- USB-Nand Art Style Cubello + Load Apploader = Crashes after "attach wii jacket" initial screen

So, in resume, what's news is that FSToolbox dump made Pokémon Rumble work with the Load Apploader option, which wasn't happening before.

However, some other games (such as Strong Bad's Ep 1 and Cubello) are not working yet even if using 1:1 NAND dump, even though they work if loaded from Real-NAND. Kinda strange.

Sparklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have someone installed bootmii on his wii?
Instead of a fstoolbox or SFSD dump, maybe a nand dump from bootmii will works (cant test it myself).

To the game (Strong bad.. Ep1), i wasn't able get it running.

//edit
Interesting feedback fbscarel

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When using the apploader you can only say usb nand works when the game is not on real nand at that time. Also on green screen try forcing video modes and langues.

Sparklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wozu quäle ich mich auch herum.
WiiPower

Weiß der Geier bei mir klappen beide Spiele Pokemon und dieses Cubello ohne lockup oder einzufrieren, ausnahme ist jetzt Strong Bad die verschiedenen forcing video nutzen nix.
USB-Nand-Backup und die Spiele sind nicht auf dem echten Nand installiert.
Was mich stutzig macht habe ich jedenfalls bemerkt, Triiforce ist es egal welche IOS auf dem Nand-Backup sind auch wenn ich sie ganz lösche (welche vom Spiel vorausgesetzt werden) funktioniert es. Nutzt Triiforce lediglich die "Spiele" und zum abspielen die auf der Wii installiierten IOS?

Alles sehr seltsam.

Ich versuche jetzt mal ein weiteres Backup mit Wiind.
Vermute auch ganz stark das beim Nand Backup nicht alles mit rüberkopiert wird.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
marc_max said:
I finally made the 1:1 NAND copy.
Cubello works!
ohmy.gif
It's very slow loading and saving scores, but it works!
So it's seems the game needs some files that SimpleFSDumper is missing.
Probably, but when i made sfsd, that game wasnt out and no other game was using any of the files i didnt dump so maybe it will be time for a new version

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
marc_max said:
I finally made the 1:1 NAND copy.
Cubello works!
ohmy.gif
It's very slow loading and saving scores, but it works!
So it's seems the game needs some files that SimpleFSDumper is missing.
Wow, this is a great news...what you suggest to use to make a 1:1 copy?

tpb8675309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten the "command arguments" feature working, so I was able to test my games with a bit more methodology. Found an interesting discovery. Looks like my games are failing on Exit on every *SECOND* execution. Strangely, I think Priiloader may have a hand in it. I know there is some data on bootstate maintained and I don't know if they keep that could be complicating systems. I have Priiloader on my real-nand, but I've removed it on my usb-nand by re-installing system-menu from NUS to the usb-nand using ShowMiiWads.

Is there an easy explintion for how SYS_ResetSystem requests are fielded while in nand-emulation?
Does the game "exit" back to triiforce, or is the launching of the title really more like a jump into that code path without a real stack or return structure?

Guess what I'm thinking happens (may be way off base) is something like:

1) Turn on Wii
2) Priiloader title/0x1/0x2/content/00000073.app loads
3) Priiloader loads title/0x1/0x2/content/10000073.app, applies hacks, records some bootstate info and launches 10000073.app.
4) System Menu loads and all is peaches.
5) Homebrew loads, Triiforce r74 loads
6) Triiforce starts nand-emulation and title/0x1/0x2 now points to usb:/title/0x1/0x2
7) Triiforce applies hooks and reads usb:/title/00010001/'FEDN'/content/*.app

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The nand emulation is done 100% by the cIOS. TriiForce calls the cIOS to enable the nand emu and then it does whatever it takes to run the title from nand. So the issue is related to the game, the cIOS, priiloader and the stuff you have on your nand emu. After booting something, TriiForce is not running anymore and not doing anything.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
has anyone looked what files are missing in sfsd 0.2 dumps to run the game marc has running ? If so, ill update sfsd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here