Hacking TriiForce beta testing

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would somebody like to test this out? i created a .app with dolboot to be copied to the system menu location of emulated nand. the dol *hopefully* will break the nand emulation and will allow you to exit games without blackscreen. to use this, you will need to dump the system menu folders to your nand dump. then just overwrite the system menu .app with this one. http://www.mediafire.com/?nky3wmzmlyr
the .app to save this as will be different for different system menu versions.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what I gather is that what you do is open the triiforce channel from your wii menu and it opens up a 'virtual' NAND and basically runs the VC games from the virtual NAND off of your SD card or USB Hard drive? I just want to make sure its just a channel and doesnt replace the whole wii menu.
Im not completely sure if this can be run off hard drive.. if it can how do I set it up?... does it have to be set up a certain way first, does the drive have to be empty?

Right now I have a 1tb drive with 2 partitions . 1 part is fat32 with some apps and game covers on it, the other partition is my wbfs games. Can I put it on the fat32 side and install all of the VC games on that without affecting any of the apps/photos on there already? I woould rather set it up on my Harddrive if I can since there is more space..

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
would somebody like to test this out? i created a .app with dolboot to be copied to the system menu location of emulated nand. the dol *hopefully* will break the nand emulation and will allow you to exit games without blackscreen. to use this, you will need to dump the system menu folders to your nand dump. then just overwrite the system menu .app with this one. http://www.mediafire.com/?nky3wmzmlyr
the .app to save this as will be different for different system menu versions.

Nice idea. Hmm, but will it work? When playing a game from emulated nand, it's running IOS249. When returning to Wii menu, when is the system menu IOS loaded? Maybe even boot2 is involved?

I don't know, what happens with a full dump on sd card? No, i wrote it, but haven't really tested it.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Just a hint,
When you make channels for games in Crap, they are returning to System Menu as usual... possibly it's also the case when triiforce run directly from a channel...

Also, I don't think boot2 is involved... launching for menu should be like calls made to ios 249 to read the system menu tmd and launch it... then ios 60 loaded (on 4.0/4.1) which then loads the menu...

I think cios doesn't itself block the ios reloading so...

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you don't have the system menu IOS or the system menu itself on the nand emu device, you get problems of course. I want to know if that's the whole requirement to not get problems.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
If you don't have the system menu IOS or the system menu itself on the nand emu device, you get problems of course. I want to know if that's the whole requirement to not get problems.

With the same nand dump... (I have whole ticket, title, shared1, shared2, sys, meta folders...)

Channel created with Crap,
1. Launched game returns to menu as usual

With triiforce launched from HBC
1. Launched game doesn't return to menu, black screen freeze...

Also when launched from HBC, upon launch failure (tmd not found, ticket not found and stuff) program fails to return to the HBC afterwards.... maybe nand emulation left enabled?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
well i just took a nand dump created by the simple FS dumper and used FTPii to grab all the IOS and system menu from my wii and put them in the nand dump and still it doesn't help. back to the drawing board...

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whenever I try to load my USB NAND from my Freecom Mobile Drive XXS 250 GB (which has 4GB formatted as FAT and the rest as WBFS) it code dumps (using beta 7).
I'm also using a 2GB FAT formatted Heineken tape flash drive and that works just fine.
Does anyone here know what the problem is?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ds22 said:
Whenever I try to load my USB NAND from my Freecom Mobile Drive XXS 250 GB (which has 4GB formatted as FAT and the rest as WBFS) it code dumps (using beta 7).
I'm also using a 2GB FAT formatted Heineken tape flash drive and that works just fine.
Does anyone here know what the problem is?

Try beta 8:
http://code.google.com/p/triiforce/source/.../#svn/trunk/HBC

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no, thats just because the game doesnt have the dutch language included
wink.gif

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anteo said:
so I updated to system menu 4.2, after triiforce recognized my NAND on 4.1, do I have to reinstall the cIOS or something?
The NAND that you dumped to your SD or USB will not automatically update when you update your actual Wii.
If you want 4.2 on your SD or USB, you will need to re-dump the NAND.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
I put 320 titles at one time on my USB Nand with W2N last night (I know I should do it in smaller batches, mostly a test) Triiforce wouldn't play any of them but Triiforce_mrc plays them all. Whats the difference?
I'm hit or miss with what titles I can get to work after adding the lot of 320 to my NAND...
I'm currently using a 4GB Flash Drive, and I wonder if some of the issues are stemming from the partitions for Flash Drives not being set as Active.

Are you using a USB Hard Drive or USB Flash Drive?

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tried both triiforce and triiforce_mrc, install Onslaught with Wad Manager 1.5 and triiforce will error out with a -106 but triiforce_mrc will play the game! Why is still happening, only got 3 earlier wiiware games in the nand dumped with simplefsdumper.

triiforce however does play Wild wild west which was already in the nand dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?