Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes will no longer be a Switch exclusive, headed to PC and PS4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 26, 2019.

1. DarkCoffe64

DarkCoffe64 Bo

Mar 30, 2011
    Italy
    Arcadia
    Lol, the only exclusive the switch has are the first party titles
    you can pretty much get everything else on pc or what
    what's even the reason to buy a switch?

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I'm all for making exclusives multiplatform instead, there's no reason to chain software to the hardware - it only serves console manufacturers, not gamers. With that said, Travis Strikes Again was really disappointing, so I suspect that it's being ported for financial reasons. I can't imagine it doing particularly well in terms of sales.
    If the hardware can't sell itself and has to lean on exclusive software to be desirable, it's not very good hardware. The advantage of the Switch is portability, that's the selling point.

Pipistrele likes this.
  3. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I was so hyped up when this game was announced, when the Switch was revealed if I'm not mistaken? Not because I ever played any of the NMH games, only because it was a big name, and I was excited to hear it would come to the Switch. "Nintendo has no gaems" would be a thing of the past. Exclusivity would make sense if it was like the Wii games, swinging the controller around. But then it was like... a twin stick shooter?

So disappointing, and didn't feel like a big system seller that I thought it would have been. More like a hype game while waiting for the real NMH game.

So on many points, this going multiplat makes sense. To reach more people, and since the Switch doesn't offer anything for the game that the other consoles can't. (Not counting portability).

Oh well! I hope the Switchless NMH fans are happy with this :)

4. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    To only play first party titles

5. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Will the PS4 version be censored and family-friendly? :rofl2:

6. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    They're looking for some extra cash since the game pretty much failed on the Switch platform. Not even Nintendo's fault. Just a crap game. Nothing of value was lost.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Same could be said about Microsoft and Sony these days. How long til we see God of War on Epic? :rofl2:

Xzi likes this.
  7. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Third-party exclusivity is starting to die out across all platforms, and that's not a bad thing.

8. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    I don't mind more people being able to play good games .u.

9. NoNAND

NoNAND Fading into obscurity as the days pass by....

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    My existential nightmare
    I guess it makes sense. Why to have their title limited on only a console whilst you can make it cross platform, thus brooding the user base and helping with the sales.

Pipistrele likes this.
  10. awesomehero

awesomehero GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2010
    United States
    I wish we could just get an HD collection for the Switch, that'd be the only time I would bother using the motion controls.