Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes will no longer be a Switch exclusive, headed to PC and PS4

D7ctw9DXkAEfAJH.jpg

The game Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes will be losing its Nintendo Switch exclusivity and will be headed to new platforms, as revealed at a panel at MomoCon 2019. Suda 51's title is slated to release on both Steam and PlayStation 4, though no release window was mentioned. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes was a fairly recent title which released for the Switch in January of this year. During that same panel, Suda51 also teased that he has something in store for this year's E3, leaving fans to wonder what the quirky developer has up his sleeve.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Travis Strikes Again review

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lol, the only exclusive the switch has are the first party titles
you can pretty much get everything else on pc or what
what's even the reason to buy a switch?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm all for making exclusives multiplatform instead, there's no reason to chain software to the hardware - it only serves console manufacturers, not gamers. With that said, Travis Strikes Again was really disappointing, so I suspect that it's being ported for financial reasons. I can't imagine it doing particularly well in terms of sales.
If the hardware can't sell itself and has to lean on exclusive software to be desirable, it's not very good hardware. The advantage of the Switch is portability, that's the selling point.

Reactions: Pipistrele

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was so hyped up when this game was announced, when the Switch was revealed if I'm not mistaken? Not because I ever played any of the NMH games, only because it was a big name, and I was excited to hear it would come to the Switch. "Nintendo has no gaems" would be a thing of the past. Exclusivity would make sense if it was like the Wii games, swinging the controller around. But then it was like... a twin stick shooter?

So disappointing, and didn't feel like a big system seller that I thought it would have been. More like a hype game while waiting for the real NMH game.

So on many points, this going multiplat makes sense. To reach more people, and since the Switch doesn't offer anything for the game that the other consoles can't. (Not counting portability).

Oh well! I hope the Switchless NMH fans are happy with this :)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They're looking for some extra cash since the game pretty much failed on the Switch platform. Not even Nintendo's fault. Just a crap game. Nothing of value was lost.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same could be said about Microsoft and Sony these days. How long til we see God of War on Epic? :rofl2:

Reactions: Xzi

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I guess it makes sense. Why to have their title limited on only a console whilst you can make it cross platform, thus brooding the user base and helping with the sales.

Reactions: Pipistrele

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish we could just get an HD collection for the Switch, that'd be the only time I would bother using the motion controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)