No More Heroes III coming to PlayStation, Xbox and PC this fall

No More Heroes 3 - Day 1 Edition_Content.jpg

XSEED Games has announced today that last year's No More Heroes III will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (via Steam and the Microsoft Store) this Fall. This new version is expected to feature "improved HD visuals, framerates, and faster loading times to keep players dishing out eye-popping ultraviolence," according to the press release. XSEED will also soon begin taking pre-orders for the limited edition physical version soon, featuring a 5.3"x7.3" 70-page art book, a CD with a selected soundtrack, and a Santa Destroy license plate.

Like every other title in the series, No More Heroes III debuted as a Nintendo exclusive, but the games have slowly been ported to other systems. The first two games were released on Steam and Amazon Luna last year, and spin-off title Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes was ported to PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2019, several months after releasing on the Switch. The first game also received an enhanced port on PlayStation 3 back in 2010.

If you'd like to know more about No More Heroes III, you can check out GBAtemp's review from last year here.

:arrow: Source (GBAtemp Inbox)

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i feel sorry for people who cant enjoy games just because their graphic or frame rate is not top notch. sure it is hard to understand why nmh wasn’t optimized, but at least I had a lot of fun.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope the fucking framerate is at least a locked 30fps, because I couldn't bear the frequent drops on the Switch. I sold my copy a few hours into the game due to sheer frustration. I swear it's the Cyberpunk 2077 of Nintendo consoles
Overclock your switch.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel sorry for people who cant enjoy games just because their graphic or frame rate is not top notch. sure it is hard to understand why nmh wasn’t optimized, but at least I had a lot of fun.
If a game runs at least 30fps I'm okay with it, but if it's shit like below, then no.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
If a game runs at least 30fps I'm okay with it, but if it's shit like below, then no.

if a 2s drop down to 25fps means „shit“ for you, you are clearly not from that generation :)
In a not too far future most people will set their personal min. fps limit probably to 120fps and they will have the same discussion with you, as you are already fine with 30fps.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It’s a matter of consistency. A game suddenly increasing or decreasing in framerate can throw you off your game - you plan your moves ahead, and any fluctuation in framerate has the potential to immediately disorient you. Imagine if you said that about real life - you’re walking at a certain speed, you’re about to take a turn and suddenly, for no discernible reason, you speed up or slow down. Guess what? You’ve just missed your turn. Worst-case scenario you’ve just face planted into the wall. Not ideal. Running a game at a certain framerate consistently, even if that framerate is low, is perfectly acceptable. Jumping up and down is not.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
i haven't played this series yet, the graphic looks like a ps2 era game. is it actually good?
Speaking as a big fan here, that's a complicated question. How much you'll enjoy No More Heroes as a series depends on how much you can appreciate a game for being novel and ludonarratively consonant vs it being a well-designed mechanical and technical experience.

This isn't to say the No More Heroes games are devoid of mechanical merit, because they are mechanically interesting and especially 1, 2, and Travis Strikes Again are unique among their stylish-action/melee-action peers. But at best, the mechanical aspects of the game are going to be "more fun than you expect" cornmeal that you do between/during the narrative bits. Because MAN, Suda51's writing is something else. It's not just "wacky," there's a specific visceral flavor that's hard to describe if you haven't played it.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No More Heroes 1&2, at least, were basically the best effing M rated game you could get on the Wii. And if you wanted a motion sensing lightsaber game, it basically beat Star Wars to the punch, with about the best adaptation to the controls as well.

Speaking as a big fan here, that's a complicated question. How much you'll enjoy No More Heroes as a series depends on how much you can appreciate a game for being novel and ludonarratively consonant vs it being a well-designed mechanical and technical experience.

This isn't to say the No More Heroes games are devoid of mechanical merit, because they are mechanically interesting and especially 1, 2, and Travis Strikes Again are unique among their stylish-action/melee-action peers. But at best, the mechanical aspects of the game are going to be "more fun than you expect" cornmeal that you do between/during the narrative bits. Because MAN, Suda51's writing is something else. It's not just "wacky," there's a specific visceral flavor that's hard to describe if you haven't played it.
well i'm someone who appreciates good narrative medium, as long as the story isn't to absurd. the motion control for me isn't really a positive thing, as i usually resort to traditional gamepad to play my games.

looks like this will go into my backlog for now, thanks for the answers.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It’s a matter of consistency. A game suddenly increasing or decreasing in framerate can throw you off your game - you plan your moves ahead, and any fluctuation in framerate has the potential to immediately disorient you. Imagine if you said that about real life - you’re walking at a certain speed, you’re about to take a turn and suddenly, for no discernible reason, you speed up or slow down. Guess what? You’ve just missed your turn. Worst-case scenario you’ve just face planted into the wall. Not ideal. Running a game at a certain framerate consistently, even if that framerate is low, is perfectly acceptable. Jumping up and down is not.
yes, I agree, but I did not crashed in any wall, or had the feeling it is unpredictable to control.

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing No More Heroes without motion controls?
Couldn't be me

(Watch the option not even be available on Playstation even though both the Dualchosk 4 AND DualSense controllers have perfectly good gyroscopes developers keep forgetting to use where it would greatly benefit them, like in ALMOST EVERY MULTI-PLAT OR CROSS-PLAY SHOOTER EVER)

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Watch the option not even be available on Playstation even though both the Dualchosk 4 AND DualSense controllers have perfectly good gyroscopes developers keep forgetting to use where it would greatly benefit them, like in ALMOST EVERY MULTI-PLAT OR CROSS-PLAY SHOOTER EVER)
sony needs to start encouraging it like how nintendo does.

Reactions: Kitocco

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
well i'm someone who appreciates good narrative medium, as long as the story isn't to absurd. the motion control for me isn't really a positive thing, as i usually resort to traditional gamepad to play my games.

looks like this will go into my backlog for now, thanks for the answers.
Also throwing this out there, then: The motion controls are optional in all modern releases of the games. Even the PS3 version of 1 and the Wii version of 2 have traditional control options.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I probably have the worst version, the switch version, and I haven't even gotten started on it. I loved the first one on the wii. though, it may be better with motion controls, which I feel made the game more fun. I prefer motion controls, if handled correctly.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also throwing this out there, then: The motion controls are optional in all modern releases of the games. Even the PS3 version of 1 and the Wii version of 2 have traditional control options.
and on the first game, there is not much motion involved either. You just shake the controller to recharge (which is funny) and do some gestures on specific moments. The main core of the gameplay is pressing A or B to attack and positioning the controller to choose stances and that is it (upright have certain attacks, facing down the controller does another set of attacks). No, it is not swordfighting like on Wii Sports Resort...

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly forgot it was released awhile back on the Switch and that it was still in development hell.

I guess in a way I was half right, because I rather get the version that actually will run good if all these complaints about the switch version are true about the framerate issues (which having a switch myself, I know this is likely a true thing).

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I probably have the worst version, the switch version, and I haven't even gotten started on it. I loved the first one on the wii. though, it may be better with motion controls, which I feel made the game more fun. I prefer motion controls, if handled correctly.
That makes both of us. I'm starting to learn my lesson and won't even think about buying Rune Factory 5 until it's available outside of Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@