Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What causes sprite transparency in SNemulDS. The best examples I can think of are in Mega Man X, VII, Super Punch Out!! and Dragon Quest V (when your in the overworld and in some areas of the game).

Is there any way to fix this with the GFX config?

Thanks.

biggriffon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
+1. I tried Zelda hack: parallel worlds and there is problem with transparency. Even screen which sould be black without the light are showed completely. Is there a configuration to solve this kind of problem?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to do with the number of possible layering configurations on the SNES being more than what the DS can supply. You can mess around with the graphics config screen to try to fix some of the issues, but you probably won't be able to get it looking 100% perfect.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to do with the number of possible layering configurations on the SNES being more than what the DS can supply. You can mess around with the graphics config screen to try to fix some of the issues, but you probably won't be able to get it looking 100% perfect.

Would it be possible to reverse engineer Ultimate Mortal Kombat DS, to help get a better understanding of SNES emulation?

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea in Super Street Fighter 2, I cant see the health bar and its hard to see what the characters are saying. I think I have a problem like you.

Super Street Fighter II has some goofy layering issues especially on Blanka's stage. I found a few settings that seem to work with 90% of the stages.

I set the background & sprites settings to Automatic Ordering and also used these GFX config settings:

Priority per tile for: None
Block Priority: off
Blank tile: 0 0 0

Sprites 0: 2
Sprites 1: 3
Sprites 2: 1
Sprites 3: 1

I didn't mess around with the background settings since they are already set to auto. Overall this makes the game extremely playable. Hope this helps.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just impressed that it supports partial transparency at all. I can still remember a (distant) time when even ZSNES wouldn't show the Haunted Forest in Secret of Mana correctly.

Now even portable systems can handle that admirably, and PC-based emulators are close enough to perfect for 99.9% of us (aside from the people who want each SNES CPU cycle emulated perfectly, and there's pretty good progress on emulators that do just that, though they consume hella resources to do so).

stefanol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone know near perfect background & sprites settings for Chrono Trigger? Everytime I try to change default values, it ends worse than before
smile.gif

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know near perfect background & sprites settings for Chrono Trigger? Everytime I try to change default values, it ends worse than before
smile.gif

I think you're just going to have to take what you can get with Chrono Trigger. I was going to try to play it but the red text bothered me to no end. From what I can tell it seems like leaving the backgrounds and sprites on auto is the best way to go.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just impressed that it supports partial transparency at all. I can still remember a (distant) time when even ZSNES wouldn't show the Haunted Forest in Secret of Mana correctly.

Now even portable systems can handle that admirably, and PC-based emulators are close enough to perfect for 99.9% of us (aside from the people who want each SNES CPU cycle emulated perfectly, and there's pretty good progress on emulators that do just that, though they consume hella resources to do so).

I agree, I'm really excited and impressed with how far SNES emulaiton has come on handheld. I never got into emulation on GBA (mostly because my computer at the time was garbage) but the DS with a slot 1 device makes everything so much easier. I've had my R4 for about 2 months now and I still have unopened DS games laying around from Christmas. What's worse is that all the titles I was really excited about come out this month so I'll most likely have 5 unopened DS games on my shelf by the end of the month. I guess it'll be nice to have some games to play in the summer when nothing comes out.
tongue.gif

I like having a lot of games to play but I'm starting to feel like when the music gets fast in Tetris.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Chrono Trigger, I found that using layers of 2/0/3/1 was good for some areas (example: the cliffs you arrive at when you first travel to 600 AD at the beginning of the game) but you must switch back to Auto for the battles. Turn the "BG3 Block Priority" option on, and tap the "Fix Graphics" area whenever text or other graphics get screwy. Text in battles is always hard to read, but normal in-game text should be navigable if you tap this area a few times. The menus are still rather wonky though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw