Hacking Translation patches for Vita games?

space-dandy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People already do undubs, so I wonder if it's possible to make translation patches?
For some games (mostly visual novels like Nisekoi, Oregairu etc) translations already exist in a form of YouTube videos, maybe someone can contact the translators and after their permission try to make patches?
I looked into files of the Oregairu game, the resources are in .CPK format which can be decompressed easuily.
Sorry if my questions are stupid and. >_>
And please, no piracy holywars here. Most people already made their choices, arguing about it is pointless. Those who want to support the developer usually buy the Japanese version before playing the translated version (like it was with Danganronpa fan patch) while others wouldn't buy it in any case.

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked into files of the Oregairu game, the resources are in .CPK format which can be decompressed easuily.
Since I'm actually working on the fan translation of a game using that format, I can guarantee you that the actual translation process isn't going to be as simple as you might think. You might get lucky and be able to easily change things in the script files, but the worst case scenario would require a programmer or two to decipher how the text is stored, what variables exist for formatting, and how to find and alter pointers so you can change line lengths (because you're going to need to make tons of lines longer).

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Since I'm actually working on the fan translation of a game using that format, I can guarantee you that the actual translation process isn't going to be as simple as you might think. You might get lucky and be able to easily change things in the script files, but the worst case scenario would require a programmer or two to decipher how the text is stored, what variables exist for formatting, and how to find and alter pointers so you can change line lengths (because you're going to need to make tons of lines longer).

So basically itll be done in the same way we did it with the PSP games?

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious if any will get made too. So far I know of apparently someone is working on PS Nova and Ciel No Surge offline is planned eventually. So many possibilities. Personally I'm hoping for the DAL VNs.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The odin sphere had a faster patch soon as surface. Seems like they used a ps3 version to adapt the translation. Other games can have the same benefit?

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I'm curious if any will get made too. So far I know of apparently someone is working on PS Nova and Ciel No Surge offline is planned eventually. So many possibilities. Personally I'm hoping for the DAL VNs.

Is nova a full on propper fan transalation? like are they editing the games decrypted scripts?

Ps nova is one of my most wanted fan transalations on the vita.Psp2 was great on the psp so we shall see

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is nova a full on propper fan transalation? like are they editing the games decrypted scripts?

Ps nova is one of my most wanted fan transalations on the vita.Psp2 was great on the psp so we shall see

Not really sure, I think the person who was doing it was PS02wAida, think they might be a member here if memory serves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.