[Translation] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    And playing pro without knowing japanese but playing this translation?

2. Alternis

Alternis Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Switzerland
    Best thing to do is to play this translation, enjoy it without thinking of the pro version, and if you need MOAR right now after 100%ing it, picking up the pro version in japanese afterwards

Helmax likes this.
  3. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    Yeah I 100%ing it. Should I play the pro, the TW, or the joker 1 or 2?

4. Alternis

Alternis Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Switzerland
    Well I love all monster games but in the pro version there are references to Joker 1, Joker 2 and Joker 2 pro so I suggest you play these three games :P (but don’t feel forced to play them, because after playing some of the last monster games these feel terribly slow)
    Terry’s Wonderland is a great game but as far as I know there is no connection between the joker games and the main Monsters series.
    The best order to play the game would be the release order :
    1. The pre-NDS games if you are brave enough kek (really not mandatory, as some of them got a remake)
    2. Joker 1 (exists in a lot of languages) on NDS
    3. Joker 2 Pro (unlike Joker 3, you can play Pro without having played the basic game, there is an semi-english patch somewhere on the internet) on NDS
    4. Terry’s Wonderland (there is an english patch on gbatemp) on 3DS
    5. Iru’s and Lucas’ marvelous Keys (japanese) on 3DS (best game of the whole DQM series imo, you should reaaaally play it even if you don’t get japanese, story is pretty basic and visual in this game)
    6. Joker 3 (english patch here) on 3DS
    7. Joker 3 Pro (wait for an eventual english patch or play it in japanese) on 3DS

5. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    Joker 1, Joker 2pro, Terrys and 2 3ds

Okey, even if I do not understand japanese, I think I will manage to finish the 2 3ds. There was not a translation here?

6. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2016
    Besides. DQM2 seems to be way a lot better than DQMJ3P. Would rather have that translated instead if there's ever a new project.

7. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    I would pay for it, seriously. Its a shame that the best games are the ones that arent localized

8. FelixS

FelixS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2017
    Germany
    Hey guys, is there a possbility to get Spiked Clubber (scout him or fusion) without using this Fightgeist and Break Monster Fusion?

9. SybreTiger

SybreTiger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2010
    United States
    The monster at 3:41, how do you get him? He's needed to make a lot of the Break monsters. Translated, it says "reward tournament in game 2nd floor of the "qg" of the city." I'm guessing that means the tournament in B2. But what exactly do I need to do to get him?

10. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Exactly as it says. Beat the 5th round of Monster GP and they give him to you as a prize.

11. SybreTiger

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2010
    United States
    What exactly would be the fifth round? The Daily Battle? Or the Survival Battle? And for the daily battle, do I need to wait until real time the next day?

12. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    5th daily battle. You need to wait until the next day for each round. I didn't check if changing 3DS time affects this. I didn't really care enough. If it doesn't work, you can probably use the system time editor thing they use for pokemon.

13. SybreTiger

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2010
    United States
    Alright, thanks. =) Also, does anyone know the fusion combination for Estark? That video doesn't show how to fuse him in the non-pro version. But he's needed for a fusion in the non-pro version, so he must be in it. Plus his break form is in it as well.

14. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Break Estark is gotten by collecting 5 devil genes. After you collect them, take them to Ace, then he'll say to take them somewhere else. Go to 3rd floor of the gear tower place where the darkonium machine is and use it. Break Estark will be on the roof. Kill him within ten turns to scout him.
    Regular Estark is a reward from disc machine. Just combine as many gold titles as you can with a monster reward and he'll show up eventually.

15. teka432

teka432 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2018
    United States
    Metal Genius Sparkling disc got me a metal goddess slime
    Smart/Legendary Genius Sparkling discs got a good number of SS ranks

16. SybreTiger

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2010
    United States
    How do you get those Gold titles? Smart, Metal, and Legendary? I don't have any gold titles for Code #1 on the Create Disc menu, but I do have Genius and Sparkling. What titles are needed for Smart/Legendary/Metal?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Would you happen to have a link for this time editor?

17. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
  18. boncabe

boncabe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Malaysia
    Does anyone know what do Mix#1 and Mix#2 mean?

screenshot_2018-01-14_02:49:58.png

19. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    TSU...no.1 in tha hood
    Hey folks, small question...what are the locations for the Rainbow Fondue family ?

* I seem to be missing a few *

Also, cleared the main story and post-game story...now I have access to the B2-Arena.

It seems like everyone I talk to, at the part of the game, does not have their dialog translated ?

Might have to mess around with "Luma" again, but is anyone else running across this ?

I will go ahead and attach my save below :

Attached Files:

Last edited by breaktemp, Jan 13, 2018 at 7:59 PM
  20. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    Uninstall the v.1.1 update and they would in english. Thats what I did. When I want to go online, I install it in 5 seconds and so