1. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    One question, the only dark monster (chimaera) chest crashes the game.

If I install the japanese game being the pther one installed , will this one recognize the save too and will i be able to open the chest and save and load on the translation?

2. DomiKing

DomiKing Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    yea

3. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Oh great. Thanks!

4. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

United States
    Yeah, I have notice the high volume of (even double-post) replies asking for "PRO's" English release.

Excitement is good and all, but it is important to enjoy what you have now and wait.

While there are a few minor bugs with the current release...I am enjoying the translation very much.

Now that I have made it to the post game, I am really digging the new Super Fusion mechanic.

* also, I see why I was having trouble with the top 20 ranked players online *

Oh, I have just made a Wi-Fi battle team (still need some practice) so do inbox me to schedule some online battles !

5. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    When rebuilding the cia should it make a 5mb file or a 857mb file as to what the game size was on the untouched cia?

* I had missed deleting and renaming 1 folder. Looks to be all good now

Last edited by lone_wolf323, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Spain
  7. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Well, after getting every monster (except the event one) I have finally completed the game.

I am doubtful. Should I play TW or replay J1 and J2? The first jokers I beated them very quickly some years before, not doing the post game... so...What do you think?

8. Frootdick

Frootdick Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Since there are minimal resources for this game in English, I often wonder what the online "metagame" is supposed to be.

For example, some things like Bouncer, Ba-Bouncer, and a lot of metal monsters seem like they are grossly overpowered at first glance. (The bounce traits moreso)
    I'm just wondering what the counterplay to these would be, as well as other popular strategies online.

breaktemp likes this.
  9. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Bouncer and Ba-Bouncer are totally worthless for pvp. A ton of moves and 5 or more tension automatically bypass it. With so many monsters having 2 or more moves per turn, they can tension first move and then hit you with their strongest move right after. That's assuming they don't use a move that bypasses it in the first place.
    Metal monsters have a huge HP penalty, so moves that ignore defense will eat them alive. Crit builds also ignore defense and metal body, so you can easily die in one hit.

Frootdick likes this.
  10. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

United States
    @Frootdick

Hmm...well most of the top 10 teams use the double "Scape Goat" with the ability to reflect unblock-able to the opposing party.

With the other member reviving the "Scape Goat" users at the end of the turn.

* I keep having to battle the No.1 ranked team...outside of "Chain Attacking" it is tricky to counter *

Other high rankers us a Size-4 monster with all Defense and HP-Regeneration.

They usually "Act 3x" to score a lot of Judge point to stall you out.

But overall, most teams have a revival/full heal loop that is usually supported with a lot of status ailments.

Hmm...still working on a way to get around the double "Scape Goat" combo.

Also, thanks to super fusion, I usually stay around the top 50 each week.

Currently having fun with my "Crab Battle" team ^_^"

Do inbox me if you would like to do some Wi-Fi battles !

Frootdick likes this.
  11. SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am glad I don't care for PVP lol.

12. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

United States
    Every metal body monster should have the Critical Guard trait (or whatever it's called) that makes attacks that would crit miss. But yeah, they can easily be circumvented by neutral spells, like that Samba one.

13. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I still doubt...

14. GonXdramon

GonXdramon Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Hey, somehow after doing the quest, Im not getting the 2 other rings? Its says I got them, but they arent on my inventory.

Last edited by GonXdramon, Jan 12, 2018
  15. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Haha, I think is a translation error. You have to do the quest until a gem slime pops up (not an slime) when you are to open the chest. Keep doing it and they will pop up.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Seriously anyone has played other monsters games that can recommend me which games play?

16. SybreTiger

SybreTiger Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know how to fuse some of the Lord Monsters? Such as Dr. Snapped's forms, and Estark's normal form. And also at what point can you catch Break monsters? I just beat post game and it still tells me I can't catch Break monsters yet.

17. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

United States
    You can't. That message is most likely just a poor translation.

18. SybreTiger

SybreTiger Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well that's a shame. I still have a bunch of Break monsters to get and I'm not sure how to fuse them. Like Lleviathan and Leon Byblos, and then Boshock, Bundold, Azamook, and Itaburu.

19. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Spain

Minute 2:37 ;)

20. Alternis

Alternis Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Hey ! Just a little message for people « waiting for the pro version to get released in english before even playing the game » :P

I played both games in japanese since I just couldn’t wait for an english patch like Terry’s Wonderland, and I can assure you that you can’t have a good gameplay experience of the non-pro part in the Pro game.
    In the Pro version of the game, you will get a lot of super-op stuff very early in the game because SE assumes you played the non-pro game before ! Even without using the skip-chapter button, you will probably complete the whole non-pro part of the game in a few boring hours of one-shotting everything.

tl;dr play the non-pro game and then the pro to get the full experience of both games.

TheTrueDream42 and Helmax like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Translation], Monsters, Dragon