ROM Hack [Translation] Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
unrelated but since its possible to do translations and graphics modifications is it also possible that support for the circle pad pro could be added by doing some modding? There are so many 3ds games that would be much better with the extra buttons added by the circle pad pro especially shooters I bought the CPP but so few games make use of it its disappointing. Even Digimon could benefit from use of the extra buttons and pad. Is it possible?

This is unheard of. Though I'm curious to know as well. It's a shame the CPP and New 3DS XL's extra buttons don't see much use.

RbN91

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Someone knows the % (more or less) of the translation actually? I would like play this game in English =(. Thx!

Temet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi! Someone knows the % (more or less) of the translation actually? I would like play this game in English =(. Thx!
to be honest don't expect it anytime soon, just know that this will eventually come and you will be able to enjoy it

Shayler

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Romsstar is it possible to know what´s the percentage of the translation? I would be very thankful if you share it :d, i´m desperate to know an hipothetical date of the release :D (sorry if too formal xD)

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a person on the team already said they don't want to give one because they don't want to mislead and have to disappoint people by missing an implied deadline.

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well I am curious if it's actively being worked on, or at least semi actively, instead of on complete hiatus.

ClockSmasher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to make a suggestion to the translation team;

Do one thing at a time. That means no more projects until the one you're working on is done. You can make a backlog for all we care, just stop overloading yourselves with too much to do. Because then that's a recipe for disaster, the projects all fall apart, and no one is happy anymore. I've been looking forward for years to play with my new pal RustTyrannomon, and here I hear you've started up maybe one or two other translation jobs. Please, for the love is all holy, keep focused on one thing.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, this is getting a little out of hand so I'll chime in. Note that while I am not on the team, I do have enough experience in the same field so I have decent insight on what goes around.

You want percentages was it? How about 28% Or 43% Or 75% Or 98%. There you go.
See? Now what are you going to do? It doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference does it? Percentages are nice and all if the process has a consistent pattern of progress so you can project the ETA with reasonable accuracy. I believe the translation in itself was fine and dandy in this aspect. What really makes things unpredictable is the part where you have to insert the translation into the game without making it look like utter garbage. It's not like you just fire up Microsoft Word, paste the text and VOILA! The text will seamlessly be inserted. It's a lot of trial and error. And I have not even gotten to the part about the team having things to do outside this project. Had this been commissioned to a professionals who do this for a living. The team is doing it in their free time.

tl;dr Percentages mean nothing because there is nothing you can do if it isn't 100% anyway so come back in 2 years. If it's done, great. If not, come back in another 2 years. Rinse and repeat.

I'd like to make a suggestion to the translation team;

Do one thing at a time. That means no more projects until the one you're working on is done. You can make a backlog for all we care, just stop overloading yourselves with too much to do. Because then that's a recipe for disaster, the projects all fall apart, and no one is happy anymore. I've been looking forward for years to play with my new pal RustTyrannomon, and here I hear you've started up maybe one or two other translation jobs. Please, for the love is all holy, keep focused on one thing.
giphy.gif

Somebody get this person a Nobel Prize. You sound just like that guy from management who is disconnected from the actual ground staff. Bases his decisions on his own misconceptions, using theoretical values as opposed to real life results. The one which says "I foresee 20% growth in sales this quarter" when market saturation has hit 90%.

The only other project they are working on that I am aware of is Lost Evo. If you think that it would magically speed up progress, then you would be severely mistaken. I may be inclined to side with you if they had another 20 side projects but that is not the case. What really threw a spanner in the works is life being a bitch, something that I would know. Sporky mentioned about a month ago that there are personal reasons which led to less time being dedicated to the project, but I suppose you were looking forward to RustTyrannomon so much that you failed to see that. The team owes you nothing so get off your passive-aggressive high horse.

ClockSmasher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, this is getting a little out of hand so I'll chime in. Note that while I am not on the team, I do have enough experience in the same field so I have decent insight on what goes around.

You want percentages was it? How about 28% Or 43% Or 75% Or 98%. There you go.
See? Now what are you going to do? It doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference does it? Percentages are nice and all if the process has a consistent pattern of progress so you can project the ETA with reasonable accuracy. I believe the translation in itself was fine and dandy in this aspect. What really makes things unpredictable is the part where you have to insert the translation into the game without making it look like utter garbage. It's not like you just fire up Microsoft Word, paste the text and VOILA! The text will seamlessly be inserted. It's a lot of trial and error. And I have not even gotten to the part about the team having things to do outside this project. Had this been commissioned to a professionals who do this for a living. The team is doing it in their free time.

tl;dr Percentages mean nothing because there is nothing you can do if it isn't 100% anyway so come back in 2 years. If it's done, great. If not, come back in another 2 years. Rinse and repeat.

giphy.gif

Somebody get this person a Nobel Prize. You sound just like that guy from management who is disconnected from the actual ground staff. Bases his decisions on his own misconceptions, using theoretical values as opposed to real life results. The one which says "I foresee 20% growth in sales this quarter" when market saturation has hit 90%.

The only other project they are working on that I am aware of is Lost Evo. If you think that it would magically speed up progress, then you would be severely mistaken. I may be inclined to side with you if they had another 20 side projects but that is not the case. What really threw a spanner in the works is life being a bitch, something that I would know. Sporky mentioned about a month ago that there are personal reasons which led to less time being dedicated to the project, but I suppose you were looking forward to RustTyrannomon so much that you failed to see that. The team owes you nothing so get off your passive-aggressive high horse.

You sure you're not projecting your own passive-aggressiveness onto me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: