ROM Hack Translating Rosario + vampire ds game

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take your time. :D This game is really not simple at all.

I'm currently working on translating and inserting one-liner text in .mpc files in the Gallery menu (in mnu_gal_lz7.narc). They are BGM list, voice list, CG description, etc.

.Narc Mpc list
(I think using code tag makes text color looks weird. Sorry about that but plain text didn't indent subfolder for me.)
Code:
adv_sel_lz7 (Translation Done, Insertion Done)
adv_talk_sel_char.mpc
dmbl_lz7 * (Can't properly extract/insert this part yet.)
sys_backup.mpc
map_lz7 (Translation Done, Insertion Done)
place_nam.mpc
mgbtl_lz7 * (Can't properly extract/insert this part yet.)
msg_1st.mpc
msg_2nd.mpc
msg_3rd.mpc
msg_4th.mpc
msg_5th.mpc
msg_6th.mpc
msg_7th.mpc
mgpzl_lz7 (Translation Done, Can't insert yet)
msg_pzl_kotori.mpc
msg_pzl_kurumu.mpc
msg_pzl_mizore.mpc
msg_pzl_moka.mpc
msg_pzl_yukari.mpc
mnu_gal_lz7 (Some translation done, some insertion done)
mnu_gal_bgm.mpc
mnu_gal_cg.mpc
mnu_gal_mg.mpc
mnu_gal_two_kurumu.mpc
mnu_gal_two_mizore.mpc
mnu_gal_two_moka.mpc
mnu_gal_two_yukari.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_kotori.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_kurumu.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_mizore.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_moka.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_natsuhiko.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_rubi.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_tsukune.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_umoka.mpc
mnu_gal_vo_yukari.mpc
rv_msg_box_lz7 (Translation Done, Can't insert yet)
rv_msg_box.mpc

Edited: Update progress in spoiler tag. The scripts with one-line each can be extracted/inserted without problem. But scriptswith more than one-line still can't be inserted yet.

Also please try this new font.
http://www.mediafire...ll.fnt-edit.fnt
(Rename it to font_all.fnt and replace the current file in font folder. Please check if you like it or not. It's a little slimmer than the default one and you can fit some more characters per line.)

You can use this NFTR file with NFTRedit when you double check the text then.
http://www.mediafire...t12rosario.NFTR

Edit2: I think I solved some of the problem in multi-line text. :D Will continue to work on the .mpc in narc folder for now. (Man, this game is really fun to hack. I love it~)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to ALL testers...i want specific diolog not generalizations what exactiy onthe screen at the time...
"about 35% of the different chat boxes are cut off." does not help at all, i need the spcific diolog as far as you can see so i can track it down and fix it. in the text diolog and dont worry about untranslate text that i quite obvios rikku1212 put in line numbes to keep track of what has not been translated in a file. i will mae an examplefor all the slow people who cant read the simple instructions i left on the text report spreed sheet... i am fairly pissed off... (you know who you are...) have a good night

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to ALL testers...i want specific diolog not generalizations what exactiy onthe screen at the time...
"about 35% of the different chat boxes are cut off." does not help at all, i need the spcific diolog as far as you can see so i can track it down and fix it. in the text diolog and dont worry about untranslate text that i quite obvios rikku1212 put in line numbes to keep track of what has not been translated in a file. i will mae an examplefor all the slow people who cant read the simple instructions i left on the text report spreed sheet... i am fairly pissed off... (you know who you are...) have a good night

Downloading and patching the game now.

So the first box is what the text says. So if its "story story text story text(LIne cuts off here) i put that in the first box?

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need specific spellings for these names/terms. (Like how you want to spell them throughout the game.)

Rubi/Ruby

rosario/rosary (The thing Moka is wearing)

Akashiya Moka/Moka Akashiya (Last name then first name, or first then last.)

Kuyo/Kuyou

Yokai/Youkai

Currently I'm using Chairman for 理事長 and Public Safety Commission for 公安.

There's a cattle/cow mask man. I'm calling him Mask Man for now.

Currently, text extraction/insertion works well. I need to double check if there is any problem but I think I can take care of all the text in .narc and non-story text in .bb.

Graphics are okay for .bac files. I'll need to know how you want to name the mini-games though. (I just put any name I could think of for now.)

(Pics in spoiler tag.)
0001za.png
0002ke.png
0003rq.png

(P.S. Do you prefer "gray" or "grey"?)

Graphics in .bbg files are more complicated. I'll keep them for later.

***I forgot to tell you that when you use the NFTRedit to check the text, you need to set Padding value for NFTRedit program to 1 to have the same space as text display in game.***

Edited: I'm also working on mpc text format which should make translation/editing a bit easier. (At least you can visualize the line break and new text section, etc. And you can extract just the text to check your line length in NFTRedit or to run it in spellchecker program.)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sylar1 : yep i saw what you did nice

as for names:

stick to first names
Tsukune
Moka
Kurumu
Gin
Yukari
Ruby
Mizore
Bus Driver
Nekonome
Ishigami
Chairman
Kuyo
Keito
Saizo
Kotori
i will ad notes tommarow

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some parts where the characters are addressed by both first and last names. I'll use last then first for now. If you want to keep only the first name, then you can delete it later.

I'm done with all the mpc translation except the ones in adv_msg.bb. I'm testing my program with file 003.mpc in adv_msg for now. If possible, I can try to finish translating it too. (P.S. Hopefully, you or other translators haven't translated it yet.) There are some parts that need info from the manga/anime which I didn't quite understand. I'll let someone else fix them then. (Like some girl's special powers or attacks, etc. I might not get the name right.)

For the graphics, I need to know the specific names you'll call the mini-games first as it's troublesome to redo the graphics. ^_^

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh were still on 001 and 002. and i am amazed that you are blazing through this.
as for the mini game names...
im still coming up with names i think Pumkin Bash would work with one of them
. keep it up B-)

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I can actually go through 003 to 008 to see what else I can do. (003 should be done this weekend. :D)

From what I saw, 003 contains every event that takes place on 7/2. So I guess 004 has events for 7/3 and so on until 008 for 7/7.

Let me work on the program a little bit and I'll PM you. (It'll only handle .mpc files. For other things like .bb unpack/repack, etc. You'll still need tehwes' program.)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still got to funnish 001 id say we are a little over half way on that thats the largest of the text files i know of 000 has been revised a bit 002 still needs work i messed up on the spread sheet for that.
003, and 004 are being looked over again. i think jjjewe did a superb job, but its better to be safe than sorry. im reworking graphics... still it takes a while mainly because i suck at using cristal tile 2.
i swapped out the orriginal font with the one that jjjewel moded so more text will fit (once again nice work +50 Internets!!!) over all a fairly large jump in content.
im also fixing the patcher (using spellcheck this time) still lots to do.

one more thing did any one have issues with the music with the patcher?
(to every one who is, or has been to the U.S)
Happy july 4th (a little early but im going to be busy blowin Sh*t up...)

Tomthebomb683

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to learn programming so I can't really help yet, but I would love it if someone would tell me the programming language the game is written and how to see it just so I know what a game looks like. If someone could do this for me then I would love to help in the future if this project isn't done by then. Thanks in advance for any help!

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to learn programming so I can't really help yet, but I would love it if someone would tell me the programming language the game is written and how to see it just so I know what a game looks like. If someone could do this for me then I would love to help in the future if this project isn't done by then. Thanks in advance for any help!
There are sticky posts about rom hacking on top of this sub-forum that you can read. From your description, it sounds like you might want to learn assembly language. But it depends on what you want to do with the game. (Just read those posts or other threads' discussion about hacking and you'll probably get some idea.)

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear. I look forward to playing this. Take your time though and don't let the translation take priority over real life stuff. It's a lot of work and a lot of us appreciate what you're doing. Thank you.

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, im going to try and get a secon patch out buy the end of the month. i think we have a decent boost in content.
also to anyon moding graphics im usin System as the primary graphics font so you dont have to search for a pallet. use the rosario tools .bac upacker ,to split graphic files into mor managabul sizes then use cristal tile 2 to extract into a bitmap files edit it with paint or annother grphis editing program. and then pack it all up and your good to go.

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok since my team has moved onto other things i need some new people to help on this project as i cannot do it alone. i know i said i would have a patch out by now.(how many delays were there for my first patch?) any way need some new team mates (or some old ones back...please?)

:blink:oops double post :blink:

ininus

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
well... i don't realy know anything when it comes to these things, but i would love to help you get this up and running as soon as posible.. sooo if you're willing to let me tag along on this project do let me know ok? ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work