1. OsWretched

OsWretched Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Well I hope you can find people. I was worried it was abandoned. Good Luck!:yaysp:

2. leion8000

leion8000 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Good news everyone!!!
    a new translator has stepped up to the plate.
    Lets see if we can get this done.

Skelletonike likes this.
  3. OsWretched

OsWretched Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    That's great! How are things coming along?

4. Gregaman

Gregaman Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Any news? At all? Sorry again, if I'm bumping. I'm just really excited to see this thing happen.

5. Epie

Epie Member
    Newcomer

Hello Dudes ?? Sorry to bump :) does the team is working on the patch ?? :D

6. buya11

buya11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just thought I'd drop in and say hi again and keep up the awesome work! (god the last time i posted here was 2011?!)

7. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Anyone or any hacker knows how the game checks the speakers (I mean the names of the speakers, ex. Moka, Tsukune, etc.) and text orders? The text format that was discussed earlier in the thread only has info about text offset and length, but I can't find which files control the order of those texts and output different speaker's names in the game.

I tried looking at this game many times in the past but the problem that I couldn't locate how the game controls text orders kind of made things difficult because the game sometimes reuses text from previous lines. With repetitive lines, the translation might sound right in one part but sounds really off in another part.

(Note: If this project is dead, I'm thinking about working on it. But if someone's still working on it, please just drop me a message.)

Pablitox likes this.
  8. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I can take a look at it, but the links earlier in the thread are broken. Can you re-post the file info / character tables?

jjjewel likes this.
  9. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Here's the tools and file from tehwes with table and info about the scripts.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/r1pr3d835drf5gb/Rosario.zip

Script where the game starts is in the first sub-file in adv_msg.bb.

10. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I don't see any references to adv_msg.bb in the arm9 or overlays, but I do see that and a bunch of other filenames inside the adv_ayk files, so that would be my first guess as to where things like speaker/portraits/effects for each line are scripted.

jjjewel likes this.
  11. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yeah, adv_ayk is also what I thought. It's the only file I couldn't figure out the format. (Most of others contain BAC or BBG header which is for graphics.)

Additional Info: I just tried switching sub-files in adv_ayk and import it to the game. It's confirmed that adv_ayk.bb controls which scripts to load, but so far I still couldn't figure out the format yet.

Edited:
    adv_ayk files seem to have this format;

8303 0300 0100 xxxx 0000 8103 0000 yyyy 0000

xxxx = dialog number
    yyyy = speaker number

(I just checked the first 2 files. Not sure if it should be xxxxxxxx or yyyyyyyy.)

12. RikuKH

RikuKH Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    It would be awesome, awesome, awesome, if you guys could finish translating this someday!

13. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Okay, I could match the scripts with speakers already. However, I still don't fully understand AYK file format. The info in my post above should be enough to get dialog/speaker pairs to use as reference but not enough to fully manipulate the scripts. (I usually don't do that anyway, but in case someone wants to add additional dialog boxes, etc., you'll have to figure that out by yourself.)

If there's a major update or release, I'll probably start a new thread for it. ;)

Edited: May 15, 2015
    Started a new thread with translation patch released here:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/rosario-vampire-ds-another-english-translation.388836/

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translating, Rosario, vampire