ROM Hack Translating Rosario + vampire ds game

o-mo-shiroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To all my fellow project members... my computer "died" and it took me more than to weeks to "revive" it. Somehow I'm not able to use private messages here at the moment
([#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.). Does anyone can tell me why is that ?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all my fellow project members... my computer "died" and it took me more than to weeks to "revive" it. Somehow I'm not able to use private messages here at the moment
([#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.). Does anyone can tell me why is that ?

Probably because of this.
Hope that helps :)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had the same problem for a while. the culprit for the tex issues iv been having:

~

im toying around with it a little. and it is most likely the problem.
sorry for the over reaction. i was not looking forwart to re-typing every last letter when it is already there.

(update) ok evrything packed alright im setting a new relice day...sunday im going to do some prep work and then put it out.

1.00a

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.mediafire...caivyb0ab83mzeb

thank you for downloading this patch.
This patch is for testing perposes only, it is not a final patch
if you come across text errors please submit them here:
https://docs.google....UFE&pli=1#gid=0
【Disclaimer】As this is a commercial product this game belongs to the copyright holder and or the original maker of said game. The english translated patch, any information contianed in this thread or with the patch is only for research study purposes. Organization(s) or individual(s) may not use this product, patch or the information discussed for commercial purposes in any form. I, this website, or the site that hosts the patch will not bear any responsibility for the consequences arising from other(s) use. -written by rastsan-

...and yes i know about the spelling most of that was added today...
patch update in 3 weeks
more text
improved grphics and spelling.
fixed old errors

Rosario Patcher 1.10a

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My suggestions:

You can upload the translated files somewhere and let people help with editing. (Unless you already have the editors.) You can try to run the translated scripts through spell-checker program too. (It's a quick way to spot spelling errors. Although not 100%, it will improve the translation quality.)

Also, it's a good idea to set up a list of names. (I have never read/watched this series, so I have no idea but a lot of names aren't consistent.)

The month, day thing (As in 7 mo 1 day) can be simplified using a slash. (Instead of 7 mo 1 day, just use 7 / 1. It's more understandable, I think.)

Well, the game seems pretty complicated to hack, so it surprised me to see the patch. Keep it up and good luck. :)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yah...the intro was rewritten by me... ... ...once you get to the map and goto the court yard that is when things drasticly improve... spelling wise anyway.

also to who ever submitted the bug report.
spelling errors do not count as bugs.
i put tht there for when people see text running off screen we know what lines need to be rewritten the specific line,
example:

Moka-san, I want you to grab my a(text runs off screen)
tightly!

thats when you report it so we can chage it to:

Moka-san, I want you to grab my
arm tightly!
that was the entire point of the spread sheet. it helps us out alot.
thank you.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your last post said to report text errors. I think people would think you need them to report misspellings too. ^_^

Anyway, for the problem of text running off screen, you can check your translation with NFTREdit and this font file.

Font: http://www.mediafire...t12rosario.NFTR
NFTREdit homepage: http://code.google.c....8.zip&can=2&q=

(Note: The font file itself is from another game. It just looks exactly the same as the one used in this game.)

In NFTRedit program, load the font and set the padding and max line length like in this pic below (in the spoiler tag) and you can check when the text in your translation will fall out off the screen.

rtov001.png

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm... thanks ill send thoes links to the new text monkey in charge of fixing errors he will find it very usefull.
if you want you can start a third translation team for 003-005. im still tied up with 000-002
ill set you up with all the tools if you are interested.
also i forgot to thank you for testing the patch on a r4card.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm... thanks ill send thoes links to the new text monkey in charge of fixing errors he will find it very usefull.
if you want you can start a third translation team for 003-005. im still tied up with 000-002
ill set you up with all the tools if you are interested.
also i forgot to thank you for testing the patch on a r4card.
I have no idea about the story of this series. To be honest, this thread caught my attention because it was the only project that wasn't pokemon when I opened PokemonTemp GBATemp last time. :P

I can help fixing the graphic glitches and maybe translate some text in the graphics and non-story text. (Like the commands, system text, mini-game instructions, etc.) But as I said, I have no idea who's who in the story, so I can't help with the story part. There are mpc files in the narc/lz7 that are non-story text, I guess. I can help with that part if you have the working extractor/inserter. :)

By the way, have you thought about changing the font to fit more charaters in each line? I'm not sure if it can be done, but I can try to work on it. (I think I figure out the font format, but I haven't tried if it'll work.)

Edited:

I did some test with the font file and here it is. (I didn't imported your graphic files, so the name is still in Japanese.)
The font is variable width, so I can squeez it to take less space. (Ex. squeeze spaces for i and fullstop, etc.)
rtov005.png

Here's what I can fix for the title menu. (Or you can send me the font you use and I'll use it.)
rtov003.png

Reactions: 2 people

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never used a font i have been free-handing the graphics the whole time and i recently learned how to xport graphics to bitmap format.
if you tell me your prosses we can double team the graphics an get those done before the next patch. what do you say?

(about the font mod ) im have been debaiting it for a while.... can you still clearly read the text on a DS screen?
.. wait stupid question haha the pics you poasted are about the same size lol.

if you know any thing about tables (im apperently bad with tables) do you think you make one for mini games. and yo can do those.
there is plenty to do for this project. i can put another link to the Rosario tool for .bb / .mpc / .bac.

i know i have been rude to most of the veteran ROM hackers that were interested in this project and I was not much of a team player untill recently.
....in short i need experianced help, and not call in if i have a problem help, but hands on help.
so you are free to make any modifications to my project, just clear the changes with me. i have desighned video games so im good at desighning (spelling not so much) stuff (my patcher launcher)
i have exelent ideas its just implamenting those ideas... i just reallized im rambling on. you get the idea ill pm you about some of the changes and get you on the privat team pm thread.
good night

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never used a font i have been free-handing the graphics the whole time and i recently learned how to xport graphics to bitmap format.
if you tell me your prosses we can double team the graphics an get those done before the next patch. what do you say?

(about the font mod ) im have been debaiting it for a while.... can you still clearly read the text on a DS screen?
.. wait stupid question haha the pics you poasted are about the same size lol.

if you know any thing about tables (im apperently bad with tables) do you think you make one for mini games. and yo can do those.
there is plenty to do for this project. i can put another link to the Rosario tool for .bb / .mpc / .bac.

i know i have been rude to most of the veteran ROM hackers that were interested in this project and I was not much of a team player untill recently.
....in short i need experianced help, and not call in if i have a problem help, but hands on help.
so you are free to make any modifications to my project, just clear the changes with me. i have desighned video games so im good at desighning (spelling not so much) stuff (my patcher launcher)
i have exelent ideas its just implamenting those ideas... i just reallized im rambling on. you get the idea ill pm you about some of the changes and get you on the privat team pm thread.
good night
Here's the tutorial for how I fixed those menus. (I couldn't stand testing the patch with missing buttons so I just fixed them for myself. I didn't intend to intrude your project. :P)
https://sites.google...ac-graphic-file

For the font, if you don't have problem fitting all the text on the screen, then it's no problem. I don't think it needs to be changed, then. (The font is just in an unsual format compared to other DS games, so I just need to see if it can be modified and yes, it can.)

I can't figure out the table for this game, so I can't help with that part. But if you have some explanations for how the other tables are figured out, I might be able to figure out the ones for mini-games. (This game isn't simple to hack. I've been trying to check how the table/encoding works but still have no clue. Thumbs up to the hacker who figured out the table and made the extractor/inserter. :yay:)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no problems on you working on this. if you ask tehwes im sure he/she will tell you abou the table he is th one who made the rosario tool.
he just did a hit and run on this project. also what font did you use for your changes?

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no problems on you working on this. if you ask tehwes im sure he/she will tell you abou the table he is th one who made the rosario tool.
he just did a hit and run on this project. also what font did you use for your changes?
I can't work on this project for so long as I still have a bunch of other projects I'm working on. But this game has very interesting file formats so I'm interested in it. At most I can help with some non-story text translations or graphic editing for a few weeks and then I'll be gone too.

For the table, I think I already figured it out. It's in a very interesting format. (Again, this game has pretty weird format for everything.) I'll check if it works for all the .mpc text. (I think it use the same table for the whole game but with different control codes. I've only tested a few files though. Will need to check some more.)

For the font, the one in menu graphic is Arial, and the one in the font is just default DS Ascii font. (The same font in the .nftr font file I uploaded in some posts above this.)

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the table and the extractor to work for some .mpc text. (There are still some control codes that I haven't figured out yet.) But I haven't started working on the inserter yet.

@[member='leion8000'], is it possible that you upload tehwes's program again? I found the text offset pointers but there are some parts of the codes that I don't understand yet, so his program will help.

If you have a list of files you need me to translate, please also let me know. I can work on any text or graphics in the narc folder for now.

P.S. the adv_msg.bb seems to have a lot of repeating text. (At least for the bus driver's comments.)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.mediafire...lv5odtc5qb2dkmj link to rosario tool.
do you think you can try messing around with the ingame clock like you sugested in one of your previos posts?
i think that would work better
im redoing all my graphics with your method, so i might have most of what i did re-done its lookin great compaired to my freehand work.
...if you want to work on the minigame graphics those are free game.and the options menu still needs some translation
i dont remember what file it was in. ??? .narc
i was thinking of using the replace function in notepad to get the repeting text in 001 since it conains all the endings(and in turn alot of repeating).
im going to be on all night working on this so if you have any questions let me know and ill do my best to answser
let me know what files you change so i can avoid a big mess. (im working on names, and most menus)
i was also thinking of doing some english dubbing but im still on the fence about that.
once again thank you for your assistance

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@leion8000, OK. I'll try to work on the text tool based on tehwes's program first, then I'll work on the graphics. ^_^

i was thinking of using the replace function in notepad to get the repeting text in 001 since it conains all the endings(and in turn alot of repeating).
I would suggest that you finalize text in 001 first. (Spell check, grammar check, see if the text fit perfectly in the text box when it is displayed in game, etc. Before copying it to the other files. Otherwise, when you make any changes, you will need to redo the text replace for all the files again.)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ment 001 it has all the endings im still whaiting for someone to get that far. 001 is one big text file when its unpacked so i can fix 8 errors at once as long as it is repeated.
any way im brushing up on counting in hex i know how its just im a little slow. graphics are going to take longer to do because of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.