BananaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcart: CycloDS

I have actually preordered HeartGold, so I expect for it to arrive within the next few days. My question is, will I be able to play through HeartGold on my Cyclo since it has been dumped and then once my reserved copy comes in transfer my .sav file to my retail cart? I know it must be possible; I have done this exact thing on my Diamond version. The only reason I even ask this is because I know there were some problems with the Platinum saves.

Thanks!

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Before you could with either one of Rudolph's tools (Slot2 or Wifi via FTP) BUT the actual architecture (has to do with the infared) of the HGSS retail carts are different than before so neither of Rudolph's tools will work. We know the NDSAdapapter Plus works with HGSS to backup saves but I don't know personally if it can write to the cartridge to restore saves.

I'm getting this info from another forum so if it's not right don't blame me.

BananaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if it helps, I've got a EZ-Flash 3-in-1 slot 2. But the jist of what i'm hearing from you is that I won't be able to send it over? That's kind of a bummer. Well, at the very least I can make it into a SoulSilver save and have an alternate game file to my retail copy for PokeSav and other purposes, etc.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BananaX said:
Also if it helps, I've got a EZ-Flash 3-in-1 slot 2. But the jist of what i'm hearing from you is that I won't be able to send it over? That's kind of a bummer. Well, at the very least I can make it into a SoulSilver save and have an alternate game file to my retail copy for PokeSav and other purposes, etc.
Sadly no, you can't send it over. There is only one option at this moment and its the NDSAdapter Plus. Rudolph's backup tool will need to be updated before it works, which won't happen.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
the ndsadaptor plus can do this according to their site. however you'll want to be careful as if done correctly it can screw things up. but I think the regular .sav would most likely be the format used.

If you have any further questions on it, I suggest asking the creator/owner. Not sure about posting links etc, so just google ndsadaptor plus and its the first result =x

BananaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I am still interested in this so let me know! It's important to me because my game is not going to arrive for another week or so. (PHOQUE AMAZON)

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cbajd5 said:
I want to go buy this tomorrow, so here's my question, did anyone try SavSender? Because that's what I was going to use.
That's a good question as I don't know for sure. All I know is that it was confirmed to not work for Rudolph's tools. Could someone else with a retail cart check if SavSender works?

ZetraEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xbrosss said:
ZetraEX said:
I just tried savsender. It extracts a .sav, but it's completely empty.

512kb of nothing. :/

1.did you started (and saved) a game before extracting?

2.there was people saying savsender doesn't get the whole data when extracting a game, not only for HGSS

source: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...-DPPt-Save-File!
Yes, I saved. And the whole thing was nothing. And yes, I am capable of using Rudolph's WiFi tool also... But it obviously didn't work.

HGSS is somehow different, so don't expect any common methods to work this time around. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.