MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting sick of taking out my SD Micro card, transferring files over, and plugging it back into my DS. It's easy to do, but it's a hassle nonetheless. Is there a homebrew application out there that would allow me to transfer files from my PC (via a server program or something I'm guessing) to my DS (which would have a client program, I assume)? I know it would have to be Wi-Fi and not bluetooth or anything of the sort, as the DS doesn't have that feature. However, would it not be a quicker transfer rate if I were to connect to my PC via its gateway address instead of its external IP? I dunno, your thoughts?

I'd appreciate any (sensible) input on this.
smile.gif

EDIT: I also know it'd be a lot slower than plugging in my SD card via USB, but I don't plan on transferring DS games through this method. I'm thinking more along the lines of homebrew and whatnot, smaller files that can be transferred easily and quickly.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There's no way at all to increase this speed, Box? Hm, that'd be a problem when it comes to larger homebrew apps, but the standard sized ones would be transferred in an acceptable time.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With DSFTP, I get speeds of about 30 kb/s on average, but for some reason DSFTP tends to be very damaging to my SD card so I don't use it much.

The other main option is DSLinux, as ChuckMcB stated. Best if you have slot-2 RAM.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the older version, then probably yes. If you have the newer "3in1 Plus" then I'm not sure, as I don't think code to access it was ever added to DSLinux. I could be wrong though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...