Hacking Totally Desperate

Twan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually try to find things on my own, but sleep is hitting me now, so i must try asking now...
my problem is i have just received my M3 DS Real adapter from Deal Extreme, it came with no CD, and so reading that it supports microSDHC cards, i ordered a 8gig in ebay after getting M3 in mail, so i originally intented to wait till i got card in mail, but my bro came and said i could burrow his card, a 2 gig that just says micro SD(i dunno if that makes a difference) but the card fit so i tried it, installed a system , and put a few roms on a NDS folder. when i first turned on DS, it wouldnt even recognize card. Ive tried so many things, reformated to FAT and FAT32. Tried sakuras and original systems,loaders, have gone from oldest to newest, but the card wont ever be recognized, then i tried the guide from this place
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131568
I dont even know if i have that problem, but i tried it anyways, tried with 2 layers of tape, but nothing(couldnt even open it all the way without feeling i might break card, the corner where microsd card fits wouldnt remove, but i was able to lift the card itself a little bit to fit the tape). still nothing. should i still wait for this SDHC that will come in mail by monday..or is it bad flash card wont even be recognized without a SD card (it should in the first place right...not load ...but at least recognized?) please..any info or suggestions im desperate to try...ive gotten other flash carts to work (gba) so i hope im not that noob in technology..i would keep trying but im so tired now, going to nap and hope some suggestions are up to try. Thank you everyone again for reading at least! Take care!

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Have you tried on another DS? If the card is not even being recognised even with the paper/tape trick and after having cleaned the contacts, the likelihood is it's defective. Get a replacement, I'd say.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2GB Should work fine I was using a 2gb sdhc for a while until I got my 8gb sdhc
smile.gif

format have you tried the TRIPLE loader?

grab the latest off the first page here

unzip and copy the contents from the unzipped file to your mem card and add some nds/game files
smile.gif

does the 2gb actually work have you tried it in another device such as a mobile or in another flash card?

how are you copying the files to the card? are you using the sd card reader that came with the M3 REAL? maby try another if you can .. some people had issues with the original supplied card reader
frown.gif

Twan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for youre replies guys, yes the card worked, my brother was using it on his mobile phone. so i just got it, moved his files and music out, and reformated to fat and fat32 and tried a couple loaders and systems from this site along from some from searching. even triple loader, i have a folder called SYSTEM on root, and another folder called NDS with 3 games to try out. tried the latest off the first page from the link,card still isnt being recognized. the card i ordered comes with a microsd>SD converter so maybe i can try copying with that when it arrives...and i doubt i can return it cuz i opened it...but it was a risk i was willing to take.
ah and no i havent tried it on another DS, the DS im using is a lite i bought last month >.<

PS. lol whats a good site to order another card from (dealextreme was so slow shipping lol) if i get my card and that doesnt work im probably willing to try one last time on another M3..if it works on another DS wont have a purpose since i want it to work on MY DS xD thanks again

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm curious to see what happens if you remove the MicroSD card from the M3 Real and test it in your DS.

Put your M3 Real without the MicroSD card in your DS and switch it on.

For comparison, a working M3 Real does the following:
M3 Real logo appears at bottom right of lower screen on a black background.
Top screen is black/inactive.
After a very short delay, "No SD card found." appears in white text in the centre of the lower screen.

Does yours do the same, or something else? If so, what?

Also, what is the website address printed near the bottom of your M3 Real's label, and on the packaging the card came in?

Twan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Box says m3adapter.com. and when i put in cart without SD card, it doesnt recognize either, it goes straight to the original menu of the DS and it says where the DS game box title is supposed to be -There is no DS Card Insterted-

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your M3 Real is faulty. If the card were functional, it would auto-skip the DS menu.
On the bright side, at least you don't have a fake...

Sorry Twan.
frown.gif

Twan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THank you for that unz, i guess i just wanted to hear it lol...you know of good place to get another m3 real with reasonably fast shipping?

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend www.realhotstuff.com They are in Jersey so if you are East Coast they ship fast. i have bought many carts and they are all top quality from them. I will never use DealExtreme again. I placed an order on December 16 and just got it 2 days ago. The stuff wasn't even on back order, they just don't care about your wait times for shipping.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the files in the root folder with the triple loader should be listed as follows :-

f_filesonrootm_9cd8205.jpg

you can put game files anywhere usually people just make a folder called GAMES and put them in there
smile.gif

Twan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
Why don't contact the original seller and have them send you a replacement?
I kinda opened it already, i tried the tape trick..i knew the risks so not complaining. and no, the DS wont recognize the cart at all..

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Twan said:
Chrono_Tata said:
Why don't contact the original seller and have them send you a replacement?
I kinda opened it already, i tried the tape trick..i knew the risks so not complaining. and no, the DS wont recognize the cart at all..
Ah, I see. Well, you should contact them anyway. At least see what they say. You might still be lucky and they might give you refund at least.

Twan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to finish this thread that i got my new m3 from dealwoot..and it worked! it wasnt my gba...so i guess...bad experience with dealextreme, awesome experience with dealwoot. just giving my recomendation out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok bye i'm not supposed to use my phone this early