Gaming Toothpaste?

Hatashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thats why it says to use a ear bud to put a little tip of toothpaste on, leave it for a minute, and swipe away from a direction that does not go into corners with another clean earbud.

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I actually just read an article in a computer magazine stating that toothpaste cannot fix cd scratches. I'd assume the same counts for the screen then.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Charli said:
I actually just read an article in a computer magazine stating that toothpaste cannot fix cd scratches. I'd assume the same counts for the screen then.

Of course it doesn't fix them, it would make them blend, I presume

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ramonra said:
Of course it doesn't fix them, it would make them blend, I presume

Well they tested it and couldn't get any improvement on reading scratched cds. It's not working as a proper grinding medium like special cd repair kits do.

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
HAHA oh my god. I, like many others thought this toothpaste thing was a giant load of shit, but instead I actually tried this thing out on a small scratch I stupidly made on the corner of my own dsi touchscreen, and I've noticed an actual change in the scratch.

Though it was a small scratch, it still pissed the hell out of me so this "working" has me surprised. I normally don't believe and try these "home remedy" shit either.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
if you have the right toothpaste it can work.

You need to stay away from Gel type toothpaste. Look for something in a tube. You want to take a bit and rub it beween your fingers. if you can feel an oh so slight gritty texture, then you got the right stuff.

alternativley, go to the hardware store and get 400, 800, 1600 grain WATERPROOF sandpaper. The finest you can find. You wet it and the thing you want to smooth out, and have at er. It's important to pay attention to what you are doing. On a cd, always go the way the laser would go to read the CD. dont go across the tracks, always go with them.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so.

Toothpaste won't actually get rid of a scratch, it'll just make the scratch bigger (it has to be an actual paste, not gel), with smoother boundaries, so that the laser won't be all "omgwtfbbq" when it reaches a dip.

If it's just a cosmetic scratch, don't worry about it. If it's affecting functionality, wait for the 3DS.

blazeitup52

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is there a brand that works best? it might not be the sodium fluoride that does it... theres lots of inactive ingredients in toothpaste, like glycerin, hydrated silica, etc...

but yeah, some fluoride free toothpastes are made with chalk or other scrubbing agents. i suppose if you scrubbed down the scratch and "exfoliated" it it might not look so bad.

a screen is made out of plastic... i don't see how a little bit of toothpaste would make it worse. cd's on the other hand... yeah you can fix a scratch, but that won't make it read better.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cuelhu said:
that's why there are screen protectors available for purchase.
What a helpful post.

There is no way the diatoms in toothpaste are going to fix the scratches on your touch screen. If i was you id get a good game that will fry your touch screen (warioware, Ninja Gaiden, Pokemon Ranger, etc) and just get used to having scratches on your touch screen lol

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BortzANATOR said:
Cuelhu said:
that's why there are screen protectors available for purchase.
What a helpful post.

There is no way the diatoms in toothpaste are going to fix the scratches on your touch screen. If i was you id get a good game that will fry your touch screen (warioware, Ninja Gaiden, Pokemon Ranger, etc) and just get used to having scratches on your touch screen lol
prevention is better than cure, you know? I've been playing games like Pokemon Ranger and Ninja Gaiden for a while and I'm thankful I bought a screen protector.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr