Todd Howard confirms that Bethesda will not be showing Elder Scrolls VI or Starfield at E3 2019

vrg_vsc_062_bethesda_e3_header.0.0.jpg

Bethesda fans might have to temper their expectations for this year's E3, at least, if they were looking forward to seeing either The Elder Scrolls VI or Starfield. Considering that the reveal for The Elder Scrolls VI was moreso just letting fans know that it exists, and Starfield was only announced last summer, it might not be the biggest surprise to have both those titles be no-shows this year, but it could also mean that Bethesda's 2019 conference won't be be as packed as previous years, as development teams may be focused on these two games instead of new projects. Major titles like DOOM: Eternal and Wolfenstein: Youngblood will still have a large presence at E3 2019, where both of which are slated for release this year.

:arrow: Source

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TES 76 as surprise announcement?

On a serious note, I do hope Bethesda focus on developing the game into a presentable state and show actual in-game gameplay, and not just show what they hope the game will be like after a couple of years when the game is actually out.

Reactions: apfelsaft45

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised they are coming to E3 if they aren't going to show either of their most anticipated titles

They must be far from releasing (a few years) if they are deciding not to show anything from those titles

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they just going to focus on porting/remaking all their games. I'm pretty sure their new games are going to take some time. They better not rush them, of course.
Didn't he also confirm that TES VI would be built on the same engine as FO4? The Creation Engine (I think it's called) sucks and they need something new.
They have time to change their minds. :/

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they just going to focus on porting/remaking all their games. I'm pretty sure their new games are going to take some time. They better not rush them, of course.

They have time to change their minds. :/
People love to complain about the creation engine, and yes it does have issues

But they managed to make a lot of great games using it, and they are revamping it little by little

It's the argument of renovation vs. from scratch

One saves you a lot of time and money and so it is usually the route preferred

Dubbicakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that Skyrim Grandma and rock model they showed is anything to go by, I'd hold off from showing more too.
Jkjk, kinda, but this is expected from a game more than a year away from release.
It's fun to think all the bad press from every single announcement they've made over the past six months has also made them a little shy. ;p

Last edited by Dubbicakes,

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhhhh! Its gonna be a world premier of DLC for the new elder scrolls mobile game! Im so excited!!!

Golden slippers with rats tail shoe laces :)))

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo