Bethesda E3 2019 Press conference livestream

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Oh i do, dont worry. Most of the time im just not being serious when i pocke fun on the switch, since as i said, i do own one and probably you will kill me by saying this, but i play a lot on it either mario kart 8 and fortnite (currently waiting for crash team racing and mario maker, also own mario odyssey, smash and splatoon). It's just that sometimes i'm pesimist, and seeing a big leap on power between the next consoles and the switch really concerns me, especially considering the state of current third party ports.

And i wish panic button were actually doing magic... all they do is just lower the res and frame rate to hell, and other graphical effects.

Also, a possibility of a better switch isnt that irrealistic. There are now better mobile chips that perform better than the nvidia tegra x1, but clocking the x1 higher and including a better battery would also do the job, kinda...

So, all that is left is waiting for the launch of doom eternal on switch and see how it runs.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Jun 10, 2019
    the_randomizer likes this.
  2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You're right about ports they will continue to struggle on Switch and probably get worse. My argument was just that third party companies would support Switch period, as in new games. My logic is they've never had issues with third party support on their handhelds and now Switch is their only handheld.

3. WAUthethird

WAUthethird Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    United States
    Best part of the show was the preshow music.

the_randomizer and Godofcheese like this.
  4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    That was a lot of bullshit just to get to Doom Eternal. Wolfenstein: Youngblood looks amazing though, as does Deathloop.

5. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I like how Bethesda gave a big fuck you to us all and took the first 10 minutes talking about Fallout 76 because they knew everyone hated it. That takes balls.

6. GalacticWarsHalloween

GalacticWarsHalloween Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    Philippines
    Blue Resonance of the Memory
    Retrogamers are not happy with the Commander Keen reboot during the presentation. Reviving a classic and turning it into a cartoon-themed mobile game isn't a good idea, should have revived as a 2.5d game on the Switch though.

7. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Well, Deathloop and Ghostwire both have me intrigued, but that was entirely worse than Microsoft's conference overall.

8. burial

burial GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2018
    United States
    They have a lot of older games they could port to Switch....

Morrowind
    Oblivion
    Fallout 3
    Fallout New Vegas
    Fallout 4
    Rage
    Prey

And Im actually shocked that Fallout 3 and/or 4 wasnt announced for Switch at e3.

the_randomizer likes this.
  9. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I just watched that trailer. I'm honestly amazed : the game looks NOTHING like commander Keen. Call me racist, but Keen is white. Not as in the pink that 'white' people really are, but actually white. And co-op might not be a bad inclusion, but who thought it'd be a good idea to show that off instead of even a glimpse of actual y'know... Game play? :rolleyes:

10. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I missed the beginning, but it sounds like it was just Fallout 76.

Never heard of Commander Keen.

Don't worry, probably going to get bored of posting this. Maybe. lol

11. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I have a landline.

12. GalacticWarsHalloween

GalacticWarsHalloween Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    Philippines
    Blue Resonance of the Memory
    Commander Keen is a 90's platformer that started out as PC port of Super Mario Bros 3 as a Proof of Concept to Nintendo - but Nintendo doesn't want to put their games to other platforms at the time, so they retooled it as an original game, Commander Keen.

Last edited by GalacticWarsHalloween, Jun 10, 2019
  13. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Commander Keen. Life complete. Bye.

Xabring likes this.
  14. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah, but of course, they port over the lootbox pay to win abortion that is Elder Scrolls Blades *shudder* whoop dee freaking doo. Their presentation was worse then last year's.

15. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    So, they DoomGuy is going even more turbo by going mobile? well, guess Doom really runs on everything now.

Also, I am hype for commander keen!
    let's see if my S7 doens't dry it's battery even faster.

Last edited by Xabring, Jun 10, 2019 - Reason: Commander Keen
  16. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Here the old one was 100€ ADSL 24mbps down 1mbps up + 4 mobile phones + TV + phone...

Now we went with the first ISP that finally brought fiber recently, the options are similar to the things we had on the other but for 89€ 200mbps down and 100mbps up, but this ISP is garbage, mobile phones = no signal almost everywhere, TV BOX looks like android almost 1 minute just to show TV, then TV on the other was IPTV with more quality and on this one it uses coaxial cable like old 90's antena cable here but just with digital signal DVB-C garbage and the 4K box is a joke lol its worse than my older ISP 10+ years old 720P IPTV box...

And the TV box keeps getting screwed I have to keep plugging it OFF the power...

Then the 200mbps are only cute on browser speed specially port 80 its always above 200mbps on speed tests, now on real services like PS4 Pro, Steam and whatever the speed sometimes is even worse than my old ADSL 24mbps FFS... And the worse is when there's major football teams playing exclusive to Sport TV, they crap down everyone's internet for every god damn service to like 200KB\s sometimes and a VPN doesn't do anything since they do a general major throttle down, maybe Sport TV is sucking their lolipop...:ph34r:

BASTARDS!

Last edited by guily6669, Jun 10, 2019
  17. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Seems like Yr fake news as thers a mixed bunch in this thread

18. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    you are half wrong.
    I grew up playing commander keen and the new cartoon style is perfect for the series. it is the story of a kid that does galactic things, prime material of saturday morning cartoon.
    the thing that killed it is that is a mobile game.

and don't worry, they probably will port it to the switch, seeing as they already did with tes mobile.
    that's the only thing the switch is good for, mobile shit.

19. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fallout 76 is only free for a week.

Fallout 76 does not have lootboxes. You buy an item and get that item.

Last edited by Pluupy, Jun 10, 2019
    osaka35 likes this.
  20. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    both of those were just cgi trailers we dont even know how they play, i hate cgi only trailers, srs what is the point? we see nothing how the game even works.