Bethesda E3 2019 Press conference livestream

Microsoft’s conference has come and gone, so now it’s time to move into the next conference. Bethesda is live now, ready to show their latest and greatest. Check out what they’ve got by watching live, or checking the recap.

Elder Scrolls Blades is headed to the Switch. Has crossplay.

Free Fallout 76 update called Wastelanders adds human NPCs and new quests.

Game is getting a free week trial starting tomorrow.

Fallout 76: Nuclear Winter is a battle royale mode with up to 52 players.

Shinji Mikami announces Ghostwire Tokyo.

Commander Keen revived as a mobile game.

Wolfenstein Cyberpilot is a VR game.

They’re talking about Wolfenstein Youngblood.

Simultaneous Switch launch.

Arkane is working on a new game.

It’s called Deathloop.

Rage 2 is getting DLC. Called Rise of the Ghosts.

Bethesda is getting in on game streaming by creating their technology, called Orion. It helps users not use so much bandwidth, reducing it by up to 40%.

They’re on stage playing DOOM 2016 on a phone, at max settings, with reduced bandwidth usage.

They’re going to DOOM Eternal.

November 22 launch.

That’s all, folks!

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panic Button does magic, and even updates the games after a time, so the ports aren't terrible, unlike if Ubisoft ported them. I mean, there's only so much one can do to make hybrid consoles affordable, a balance is needed. PS4 portable power is near impossible without being really pricey and having a bad battery life, maybe there'll be a new revision, it's hard to say *shrug* I mean, I just wished people gave it the benefit of the doubt :unsure:
Oh i do, dont worry. Most of the time im just not being serious when i pocke fun on the switch, since as i said, i do own one and probably you will kill me by saying this, but i play a lot on it either mario kart 8 and fortnite (currently waiting for crash team racing and mario maker, also own mario odyssey, smash and splatoon). It's just that sometimes i'm pesimist, and seeing a big leap on power between the next consoles and the switch really concerns me, especially considering the state of current third party ports.

And i wish panic button were actually doing magic... all they do is just lower the res and frame rate to hell, and other graphical effects.

Also, a possibility of a better switch isnt that irrealistic. There are now better mobile chips that perform better than the nvidia tegra x1, but clocking the x1 higher and including a better battery would also do the job, kinda...

So, all that is left is waiting for the launch of doom eternal on switch and see how it runs.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,
Reactions: the_randomizer

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right about ports they will continue to struggle on Switch and probably get worse. My argument was just that third party companies would support Switch period, as in new games. My logic is they've never had issues with third party support on their handhelds and now Switch is their only handheld.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how Bethesda gave a big fuck you to us all and took the first 10 minutes talking about Fallout 76 because they knew everyone hated it. That takes balls.

Alysh_Graham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Retrogamers are not happy with the Commander Keen reboot during the presentation. Reviving a classic and turning it into a cartoon-themed mobile game isn't a good idea, should have revived as a 2.5d game on the Switch though.

burial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right about ports they will continue to struggle on Switch and probably get worse. My argument was just that third party companies would support Switch period, as in new games. My logic is they've never had issues with third party support on their handhelds and now Switch is their only handheld.

They have a lot of older games they could port to Switch....

Morrowind
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Rage
Prey

And Im actually shocked that Fallout 3 and/or 4 wasnt announced for Switch at e3.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Retrogamers are not happy with the Commander Keen reboot during the presentation. Reviving a classic and turning it into a cartoon-themed mobile game isn't a good idea, should have revived as a 2.5d game on the Switch though.
I just watched that trailer. I'm honestly amazed : the game looks NOTHING like commander Keen. Call me racist, but Keen is white. Not as in the pink that 'white' people really are, but actually white. And co-op might not be a bad inclusion, but who thought it'd be a good idea to show that off instead of even a glimpse of actual y'know... Game play? :rolleyes:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I missed the beginning, but it sounds like it was just Fallout 76.

Never heard of Commander Keen.

Don't worry, probably going to get bored of posting this. Maybe. lol

Alysh_Graham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I missed the beginning, but it sounds like it was just Fallout 76.

Never heard of Commander Keen.

Commander Keen is a 90's platformer that started out as PC port of Super Mario Bros 3 as a Proof of Concept to Nintendo - but Nintendo doesn't want to put their games to other platforms at the time, so they retooled it as an original game, Commander Keen.

Last edited by Alysh_Graham,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have a lot of older games they could port to Switch....

Morrowind
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Rage
Prey

And Im actually shocked that Fallout 3 and/or 4 wasnt announced for Switch at e3.

Yeah, but of course, they port over the lootbox pay to win abortion that is Elder Scrolls Blades *shudder* whoop dee freaking doo. Their presentation was worse then last year's.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all ISPs are, apparently. A buddy of mine just moved to Nebraska and is paying $60/mo for gigabit internet and no caps..
Here the old one was 100€ ADSL 24mbps down 1mbps up + 4 mobile phones + TV + phone...

Now we went with the first ISP that finally brought fiber recently, the options are similar to the things we had on the other but for 89€ 200mbps down and 100mbps up, but this ISP is garbage, mobile phones = no signal almost everywhere, TV BOX looks like android almost 1 minute just to show TV, then TV on the other was IPTV with more quality and on this one it uses coaxial cable like old 90's antena cable here but just with digital signal DVB-C garbage and the 4K box is a joke lol its worse than my older ISP 10+ years old 720P IPTV box...

And the TV box keeps getting screwed I have to keep plugging it OFF the power...

Then the 200mbps are only cute on browser speed specially port 80 its always above 200mbps on speed tests, now on real services like PS4 Pro, Steam and whatever the speed sometimes is even worse than my old ADSL 24mbps FFS... And the worse is when there's major football teams playing exclusive to Sport TV, they crap down everyone's internet for every god damn service to like 200KB\s sometimes and a VPN doesn't do anything since they do a general major throttle down, maybe Sport TV is sucking their lolipop...:ph34r:

BASTARDS!

Last edited by guily6669,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
you are half wrong.
I grew up playing commander keen and the new cartoon style is perfect for the series. it is the story of a kid that does galactic things, prime material of saturday morning cartoon.
the thing that killed it is that is a mobile game.

and don't worry, they probably will port it to the switch, seeing as they already did with tes mobile.
that's the only thing the switch is good for, mobile shit.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, Deathloop and Ghostwire both have me intrigued, but that was entirely worse than Microsoft's conference overall.
both of those were just cgi trailers we dont even know how they play, i hate cgi only trailers, srs what is the point? we see nothing how the game even works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet