To confirm, installing the homebrew channel and installing wads still

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Talvon, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Talvon
    OP

Newcomer Talvon Member

United Kingdom
    My friend recently got a wii, and updated it to 3.3 :| I was wondering, if she was to install some hacks/homebrew channel on it then nothing has changed from how to do it on 3.2 right (Apart from a different twilight hack)? And its still safe to do?

Cheers [​IMG]

Sorry if this is an inane question, I did some reading around and people were saying different things everywhere, and I reckon the gbatemp crew are the people who will know [​IMG]

Edit: Sorry lol didn't realise it chopped the title of the topic, it should be 'To confirm, installing the homebrew channel and installing wads still working on firmware 3.3?'

2. felix123

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Do you trust the person who made the WAD?

3. Talvon
    OP

Newcomer Talvon Member

United Kingdom
    Yeh, I'll be using the same wads I have installed on my 3.2 that work fine [​IMG]

4. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Still fairly safe... the only downside is no trucha signed discs natively...

So if you banner brick, you can't make an auto-boot wad manager to remove the troublesome WAD as you could in 3.2. You can, however make an auto-boot copy of zelda which will save you if you have twilight hack savegame already on your wii.

Of course, if you are careful with your WADs, you'll be pretty safe... but it's worth keeping twilight hack on the wii just in case.

5. Talvon
    OP

Newcomer Talvon Member

United Kingdom
    Great stuff, thanks again [​IMG]