Hacking Titlemenu, video inside

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I am sorry, but what is all the fuss about this application ?
what a disappointment, this "carousel" is not that good finally.. it is even better than good, it is simply amazing !
what a show off to run it on a console.

no seriously you did an amazing job.
it is smooth
it is reactive
it looks great
it does not slow down unless you start zooming out too much

a few ideas while you are developing it.. as it could be easier to implement now, or at least cleaner than "patching" your code later

1. jump option (per alphabetical letter)
2. categories (so we could switch from the carousel Platform to the carousel Adventures, to ...)

once again this is only my 2 cents. for a first revision this is simply the most visually advanced toy I have seen.
I second all the other people who advise you to get in touch with the GX team. with their knowledge, and your nice work, it could blow the whole wii scene.

anyway thank you so much for sharing this dol.
we now know the feel of it, and I am pretty sure your TM will definitely be part of the top 3 loader for a lot of users.

Cheers,
R

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kylling said:
q: you seriously need to talk with the guys of usbloader GX ^^ (benjnselinay)
a: i am very honored by this interest! for the first release it will be very difficult to integrate with another gui unfortunately, but it is something that can be solved if there is still interest after first release.

of course we are interested
smile.gif
. we always are happy to work together with others
smile.gif
. so if you wanna talk a bit about the projects feel free to join our irc channels or just pm me
smile.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
BlindDude said:
benjnselinay said:
can someone post a little video ?
can't use my wii for the moment and i'd like to see the result of this good work
wink.gif

I still wish to see it implemented in usbloader GX ^^

Whut?

You cant tell me you didnt check the first post..

^^ of course i checked it ^^
but the video is not up to date , i meant a video of the "preview.dol" , running on a wii
wink.gif

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
This is almost exactly the idea I had for a loader interface when the original USB was released but I don't have anywhere near the skill (or time on my hands) to produce something of this quality. This is definitely the best looking interface I've seen, and since it's a work in progress maybe you'd take my suggestions into consideration:
  • Keep the code seperate from any other code and have loaders work like plugins.
  • Sorting methods ie by console, name, release date, personal rating, etc.
  • It would be great if when you selected a game the case opened up and showed you the disc, possibly with some details on the left side of the inner case. When you select a game, the case flies off-screen leaving the disc which starts spinning and drops into a slot below it (a la Disc Channel), running the loader code.
  • Support for mapping a full dvd cover; front, side and back with some rotation animations that show it all.
  • Ability to view the list of games side on, so as to give the feel of picking the game off a shelf.
The first suggestion in that list was for the possibility of having the interface work completely independant of any loader code and have the loaders act like plugins. The reason for this is that I'd love an all-in-one gaming centre which lists not only my Wii games & Gamecube games but also any games that I have for emulators, so I could load SNES and NES games from here too. The plugin could also contain the 3D object, so NES games would look like thicker, taller boxes and when you select one the cartridge slides out from the top, whereas a SNES game would slide out from the side.

Obviously, that's a big wish list but I thought I'd throw as much of it out there as possible and maybe some of the suggestions would stick
smile.gif

The interface looks fantastic and the day it gets released with some loading capabilities, I'll certainly be downloading it.

McH

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some suggestions!

Check out the CoverFloader (by Beardface) method of scrolling by pressing B and tilting the remote. It is very easy to navigate using that method and it's very intuitive once you try it.

Your scrolling method where you point to the edge of the screen is kind of annoying since once you go a millimeter over the edge, it completely stops scrolling. The B + flick to the left and right is really sexy though and you should keep that, and I think a combination of that and the B + twist would be optimal.

I also think that maybe you should add an option of having the covers loop, so it seems like you're standing in the middle of a belt of covers that are spinning by.

Also settings for unselected covers' brightness would be nice, so we could change the contrast.. on my screen, the covers that are not pointed at are quite dark.

Once again... amazing job, hope you can use some of my suggestions!

-Ælling!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, can't wait to test this, but I know for shure it's already awesome
smile.gif
. I also have some Ideas/Wishes, which would make this (in my Opinion) 200% perfect:

-Names for the games (already done)
-Display Size/ID/Region
-Add a Disc, which flows with the Cover...something like this.
-Better 3D Mesh of Boxart (USB-Logo on Side, Opening-Thing, etc...more reality
tongue.gif
...like in the vid)
-A bar, which auto-hides, and Pops up if you stay there with the Cursor..something like this:

Wouls be great to scroll, and you can add the Buttons there (add game, seetings, fav, etc....)

Just my Ideas...but i'm shure you'll make a perfect version. Can't wait for the final version
smile.gif
. Keep it up
bow.gif
!!!

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever you do, please don't just hand this off to another team and then stop developing it yourself. If they want to integrate your work into their loader, great, but it'd be nice to see this one being done on its own so perhaps we don't have to follow 300 page threads/1000's of revisions to keep track of, just to figure out what revision BROKE something that was already working fine.
wink.gif
Take your time and get a good team of testers if need be. I'd rather wait days/weeks for new revisions that worked fully instead of the steady stream of "mostly working but you never know" releases seen elsewhere. My 2 cents. Or yeah, the plug in idea sounds nice, but I've no idea how feasible that is.

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Skizzo said:
Whatever you do, please don't just hand this off to another team and then stop developing it yourself. If they want to integrate your work into their loader, great, but it'd be nice to see this one being done on its own so perhaps we don't have to follow 300 page threads/1000's of revisions to keep track of, just to figure out what revision BROKE something that was already working fine.
wink.gif
Take your time and get a good team of testers if need be. I'd rather wait days/weeks for new revisions that worked fully instead of the steady stream of "mostly working but you never know" releases seen elsewhere. My 2 cents. Or yeah, the plug in idea sounds nice, but I've no idea how feasible that is.
For some reason i take that personal -.- can't help myself. Anyway... don't you think this will end up in a 300pages thread too? That's an indicator for a popular app
smile.gif
. And im pretty sure this will be a very popular app soon. Nobody said something about handing out and stop something... i was just asking if he wants to help us
smile.gif
. And btw... with the revisions... we made a mistake putting it on googlecode and granting access to it... it's not like we are telling ppl to download it and compile it. we made one single release and it was stable.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cyrex said:
And btw... with the revisions... we made a mistake putting it on googlecode and granting access to it... it's not like we are telling ppl to download it and compile it. we made one single release and it was stable.
I don't think so. I love being able to compile .dols myself and follow bleeding edge technology. As long as the first post is updated with the stable releases, people should be happy, I know that I am.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
cyrex said:
Skizzo said:
wink.gif
For some reason i take that personal -.- can't help myself. Anyway... don't you think this will end up in a 300pages thread too? That's an indicator for a popular app
smile.gif
. And im pretty sure this will be a very popular app soon. Nobody said something about handing out and stop something... i was just asking if he wants to help us
smile.gif
. And btw... with the revisions... we made a mistake putting it on googlecode and granting access to it... it's not like we are telling ppl to download it and compile it. we made one single release and it was stable.
Agreed, though I don't think putting it on googlecode was a mistake, but I do think you guys should have a testing team and more frequent stable updates(e.g 1.1, 1.2).

simpet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is awesome

needs to be released now,

need option to zoom like coolris,

front, back and box opening with disc when loading

HD info

awesome again

Site & Scene News