Hacking Titlemenu, video inside

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
best of luck in all the developing - this is THE one to watch - combined with USBLoader (31b etc) this would be a killer. Good luck with that , we're all behind you and Oggzee, believe me

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
cyrex said:
And btw... with the revisions... we made a mistake putting it on googlecode and granting access to it... it's not like we are telling ppl to download it and compile it. we made one single release and it was stable.

Being able to compile dols is cool. But some people just don't understand that a source code revision is not an actual new release

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Kylling kudos to you!
This is the best, very sweet sweet looking gui for a potential loader!
smile.gif

It also inspired me for my "grid flow" gui mode but yours is truly outstanding!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to steal your work and call it my own get together and pick your brain about this. If you would like to come to our irc channel, I will bring some beers and maybe we can get USBLoaderGX and your GUI drunk and they can get together and make a beautiful offspring.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
I would love to steal your work and call it my own get together and pick your brain about this. If you would like to come to our irc channel, I will bring some beers and maybe we can get USBLoaderGX and your GUI drunk and they can get together and make a beautiful offspring.

im glad i read this post and hope you guys work together

RabidZombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking nice.

How about more styles? I have to say, I'd much prefer it if the games we're all aligned in a straight line at an angle to the screen (much like Cooliris), but that's just me. How about the ring being aligned vertically (games scroll up and down)?

Also, I think everyone would want your children if you implemented custom backgrounds.

acecube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
More than words!
352o.gif

I hope this will get the game loading function soon or be combined with one of the actual loaders.
You do this stuff on your own? I'm asking that because there are so many little things which are damn pretty - nearly perfect.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyrex said:
Skizzo said:
Whatever you do, please don't just hand this off to another team and then stop developing it yourself. If they want to integrate your work into their loader, great, but it'd be nice to see this one being done on its own so perhaps we don't have to follow 300 page threads/1000's of revisions to keep track of, just to figure out what revision BROKE something that was already working fine.
wink.gif
Take your time and get a good team of testers if need be. I'd rather wait days/weeks for new revisions that worked fully instead of the steady stream of "mostly working but you never know" releases seen elsewhere. My 2 cents. Or yeah, the plug in idea sounds nice, but I've no idea how feasible that is.
For some reason i take that personal -.- can't help myself. Anyway... don't you think this will end up in a 300pages thread too? That's an indicator for a popular app
smile.gif
. And im pretty sure this will be a very popular app soon. Nobody said something about handing out and stop something... i was just asking if he wants to help us
smile.gif
. And btw... with the revisions... we made a mistake putting it on googlecode and granting access to it... it's not like we are telling ppl to download it and compile it. we made one single release and it was stable.
My advice? Get over yourself. There's really no point in arguing with you because 1) it's my OPINION and 2) I've no desire to see all the sycophants come crawling out of the woodwork.
smile.gif

And for the record, I never said anybody said anything...about anything.

What I would like to know is what do you mean by this 'one single release' with regards to all the revisions because I don't get it. YOU personally post the changelogs for all the revisions in the first post of that thread but you're saying those aren't yours ('yours' meaning the 'we' in your 'we made one single release and it was stable' statement)?

PSeeCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
giantpune said:
Please please pretty pretty please! Make it happen!!!
bow.gif

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i don't want all those pussy little revisions (like foreign languages etc.) that will only break what was already working.
it's so damn annoying (no offense to coders) when the loader is already working fine but then they try to add some small insignificant feature and then the next revision, i get code dumps.
if this thing can just load games and provide ocarina support, it would be perfect...
no bloated bull.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
cyrex said:
And btw... with the revisions... we made a mistake putting it on googlecode and granting access to it... it's not like we are telling ppl to download it and compile it. we made one single release and it was stable.

Being able to compile dols is cool. But some people just don't understand that a source code revision is not an actual new release
Well I never once used the term 'release'. The fact is, the 'revisions' are promoted by them, in the first post.

What 'revision' is the 'stable' 'release'?

What 'revision' is the 'not a release'

"Animated Channel
this package include an full channel (based on 1.0 r409) and a Forwarder channel (Target: SD:/apps/usbloader_gxboot.dol)"
based on?

Oh...r409...dated May 25th on the changelogs, so...I think I see a contradiction somewhere.
rolleyes.gif

So tell me. Are those 2 'releases' or a 'release' and something else that the team isn't taking credit for but only promoting and providing a 'package' for on their thread? Semantics...
rolleyes.gif

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is simply amazing. Judging by the other USB loaders available, this actual demo (which loads rather quickly) takes the cake in terms of creativity and eye-candy (and isn't a video concept).

This is exactly what we should be seeing in terms of programming a usable interface. I was afraid that we wouldn't be seeing anything like this at all from looking at other loaders that people have created.

So good job. Keep it up. I look forward to seeing this implement into a loader soon.

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Skizzo said:
Well I never once used the term 'release'. The fact is, the 'revisions' are promoted by them, in the first post.

"Animated Channel
this package include an full channel (based on 1.0 r409) and a Forwarder channel (Target: SD:/apps/usbloader_gxboot.dol)"
based on?

Oh...r409...dated May 25th on the changelogs, so...I think I see a contradiction somewhere.
rolleyes.gif

So tell me. Are those 2 'releases' or a 'release' and something else that the team isn't taking credit for but only promoting and providing a 'package' for on their thread? Semantics...
rolleyes.gif
Wrong thread... i would appreciate if you wouldn't mind to spam kyllings thread with this. I just made a clear statement. If you wanna discuss something about gx use the thread for it or do it on the irc channel but keep kyllings thread clean from other stuff. It would be unfair to spam his thread with stuff from other projects.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
this one and the one created by hibbern are the best looking loader today. add a similar list function to usb loader gx and it would be perfect.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked out the preview on my Wii, and all I can say is WOW. I thought the first video was impressive, but after getting to play around with the interface, I can't wait to see this become a loader. While I'm currently enjoying USB Loader GX and Coverfloader, I have to say that the Titlemenu interface is simply fun to use. I had a blast just flipping through the random boxart, and zooming waaaaayyyy out, to see which game I'd pick from a mile away. Great job! I really hope some excellent coders jump on this project soon
smile.gif

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyrex said:
Skizzo said:

"Animated Channel
based on?

rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
Wrong thread... i would appreciate if you wouldn't mind to spam kyllings thread with this. I just made a clear statement. If you wanna discuss something about gx use the thread for it or do it on the irc channel but keep kyllings thread clean from other stuff. It would be unfair to spam his thread with stuff from other projects.
Listen cyrex, you started this shit when you let my comment to the OP get under your skin. Don't fucking start something you aren't willing to finish. If this isn't the place for it, YOU shouldn't have started it here. I don't care about your 'clear statement' and I doubt anyone else does either. YOU fucked up by opening the can of worms, not me. So don't go acting now like someone else introduced this shit here, because it was YOU that did so. Having said that, I'm perfectly fine with the admins deleting any and all subsequent posts to my original ON TOPIC comment to the OP, starting with your whiny 'clear statement' (which, quite honestly, was anything but clear).

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Listen cyrex, you started this shit when you let my comment to the OP get under your skin. Don't fucking start something you aren't willing to finish. If this isn't the place for it, YOU shouldn't have started it here. I don't care about your 'clear statement' and I doubt anyone else does either. YOU fucked up by opening the can of worms, not me. So don't go acting now like someone else introduced this shit here, because it was YOU that did so. Having said that, I'm perfectly fine with the admins deleting any and all subsequent posts to my original ON TOPIC comment to the OP, starting with your whiny 'clear statement' (which, quite honestly, was anything but clear).

Skizzo, you're kind of being a dick. Could you please take this to PMs or something, and leave this thread about kylling's menu? Nobody cares who started it, just end it.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Skizzo said:
Listen cyrex, you started this shit when you let my comment to the OP get under your skin. Don't fucking start something you aren't willing to finish.
Haha, nerd rage.

Olywa123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylling = Amazing work man - this does look really great - keep at it
smile.gif

Skizzo = yep - ur being a bit of a dick

Cyrex = seriously man - you know there will always be a few idiots on this board despite the many people that do actually contribute and the majority do appreciate the hard work you and other devs do (in your own free time) without finding something to moan about, don't let it get to you - you do an amazing job and most of us can see quite clearly what is the stable release and what the revisions are for
smile.gif

Regards,
Olywa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.