Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland not working on DSTT/Yasu

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by RetroEd, Dec 14, 2008.

Dec 14, 2008
  1. RetroEd
    OP

Newcomer RetroEd Member

United Kingdom
    I've just tried adding Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland to my card that is running the current Yasu firmware on a legit DSTT, and it goes to a white screen every time, without booting to main title screen.

I've tried various dumps of the ROM, and they all do the same thing. This is the first game I've had such a problem with. Has anyone else tried this game with Yasu/DSTT, and if so did it work? Any idea's?

Cheers.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I've played the whole thing with (an older version of) the official firmware, and it worked fine. Have you tried it with the official firmware?

-Bri

3. RetroEd
    OP

Newcomer RetroEd Member

United Kingdom
    I haven't tried it on the official DSTT firmware, no. I played it on my old R4 and it worked fine, though.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    YSMenu uses the official loader, so I would think that if it works with the official, it would work with YSMenu. By the way, you can run YSMenu and the official menu on the same flash cart if you want.

-Bri

5. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    That particular games takes a while to load for some reason on the DSTT. When you see that white screen, you have to wait a while for it to load to the actual game. I know it's a bit of an annoyance but what can you do.

It does that white screen thing on the official loader and YSMenu

6. RetroEd
    OP

Newcomer RetroEd Member

United Kingdom
    I managed to get it loading on the official DSTT firmware and it went white for a couple seconds. I gave the Yasu one around 10 seconds and it was still on white so I thought that was it. However, I just tried it again and it does load eventually, after over 30 seconds!