• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Three Wuhan lab researchers were hospitalized in November 2019

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Considering the fact that most "evidence" of Covid19 being made in a lab has been circumstantial, misinformation, and or conspiracies, I honestly find it unlikely that it was created in a lab. There's also a lot of ignoring of pandemics in the past in play in order to consider Covid19 to be a special case. The main contributor to Covid19's spread has been stupid people doing stupid shit like not social distancing, not wearing a mask, and so on.

Last edited by The Catboy,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
China was the first to notice COVID19. That does not mean China is the origin. I repeat: Red Cross study of December 2019 and January 2020.
US Americans asking for compensation is cute, however. *Vie* *cough* tnam* *I*cough*rak* *cough*

Reactions: The Catboy
D

Deleted User

From a Mental Health perspective, it's easy to focus on the scale of Citizens but forget the reality of the Collective, i.e. Nation.

While most Asian Countries hunkered down and relied on Societal emphasis on the Greater Good to get everyone on board with Social Distancing and Face Mask wear, most of the West went into a tirade of finding someone else to blame for their ineptitude, a Sacrificial Goat for Public Consumption.

Then there are the Officials who sanctioned Nationwide Herd Immunity drives that accepted people will die in the process. Let's not forget the Officials who committed suicide because they thought this was going to be the end of the World.

Let that sink in for a minute.
Western Mental Health; gotta love it.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
to be fair... this is one of the rare places where you'll get to hear both sides (or every side, if you think of it as a spectrum)
we welcome everyone regardless of their political affiliation, we just ask people to remain civil, but that doesn't mean we can force them to reason with logic

There are other places like imgur, Parler (or whatever it's called now) that are downright echo chambers - on these, you only get what you want to read and are never confronted to other opinions. These aren't places where you'll grow to be a more open-minded person.

Up until a couple days ago major social media platforms would censor or delete any posts questioning if the virus originated in a lab. gbatemp might not be the biggest of the bunch, but at least we're allowed to actually not have to consume their garbage. Thanks a ton for running a great site!

In what kind of world do we live in when are our comments are deleted by "fact checkers"? Seems a bit unreal to me. Major social media censorship can GTFO.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've read on the news today that China refuses in any way to collaborate and work with investigators to find out if the Virus originated from a lab, they said that the West are in a way to blame them for the outbreak. Well, if they really didn't have nothing to hide i think they would have let investigators work close with the goverment to find out what caused it. I still stand to believe that the virus did escape from a lab.

Last edited by DoubleDate,
Reactions: RaptorDMG

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bill Gates even predicted the pandemic a long time ago lets just say someone came with a killer virus that dropped it in the air you will never know.
Between 2010 and 2019, tons of people predicted that we were overdue for the next big global pandemic. Which is also why Obama created a federal pandemic response team. Sure could've used that in the fight against COVID, especially early on, but alas Trump disbanded it the same year he was inaugurated.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I read the US still refuses to let their lab be inspected.
imagine being such a dumbass that your response to obvious idiocy is whataboutism

i can't believe i have to say this, but don't pivot the discourse about bullshit fearmongering to "let's debate which lab it was made in" instead of "this is stupid and wrong"

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
imagine being such a dumbass that your response to obvious idiocy is whataboutism
Imagine being so close-minded that the lab theory must be wrong due to ideology alone and that consistency is dismissed as whataboutism.
It is a fact that viruses are being tested in labs in order to study them.
Even if it came from a lab, it does not prove malice.
It is also a fact that the US wants an international investigation into a Chinese lab and China wants the same for a US lab.

4 facts you cannot handle apparently.

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The facts is that virusology lab in Wuhan recive much money for reproducing viruses . Thinking about procedures and how small viruses are... it's obvious there's not possible to keep all the viruses in the lab, certainly most of them get out of the lab and dried out. It's not a living form like bacteria... it needs a host provider, maybe this one was "successful". There are some fooprints around black Peter - Peter Daszak - zoologist who is claiming that it evolved from animal.. That's more ridiculus than something comes out from the lab. That needs some investigations around that person and his close connections.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In other news, the Earth is flat and the Moon is actually a hollowed-out satellite base from where the lizard people control people's minds via fluoride in the water, chemtrails, mercury in our vaccines and 5G towers. The COVID vaccine will turn us all into alligators and the hormones in the food are turning all the frogs gay. Queen Elizabeth II is actually an immortal half-human half-lizard person and she'll soon reveal her Mark of the Beast when she ushers in Satan's 1000-year reign as predicted in the Book of Revelations.

D

Deleted User

In other news, the Earth is flat and the Moon is actually a hollowed-out satellite base from where the lizard people control people's minds via fluoride in the water, chemtrails, mercury in our vaccines and 5G towers. The COVID vaccine will turn us all into alligators and the hormones in the food are turning all the frogs gay. Queen Elizabeth II is actually an immortal half-human half-lizard person and she'll soon reveal her Mark of the Beast when she ushers in Satan's 1000-year reign as predicted in the Book of Revelations.
this post is useless and idiotic.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine being so close-minded that the lab theory must be wrong due to ideology alone...
This thread has been a series of decisive dunks on the sources used to justify the conjecture that COVID-19 originated in a lab. I am not going to waste my time re-stating them.

I repeat: Don't pivot the discourse about bullshit fearmongering to "Let's debate which lab it was made in," instead of "This is stupid and wrong."

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I repeat: Don't pivot the discourse about bullshit fearmongering to "Let's debate which lab it was made in," instead of "This is stupid and wrong."
I see. So...
investigation = fearmongering
consistency = whataboutism

How about
truth = cantankerousness

Gullible people who claim to know where the virus came from are just as dangerous as those dismissing possibilities to due ideological bias. All I have to say about this.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I love seeing the mental gymnastics from all the trump derangement syndrome suffers come up with any excuse under the sun in hope that this isn't true. Which to anyone with half a logical brain cell, can see it's blindly obvious.

What are the chances a " highly deadly" (cough cough) virus would just so magically originate from the exact same location a viral lab is operating, but yet not related.

Gee I guess if it isn't related the next world wide pandemic could quite easily come from Antarctic or the sahara desert with left wing logic.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
This thread has been a series of decisive dunks on the sources used to justify the conjecture that COVID-19 originated in a lab. I am not going to waste my time re-stating them.

You didn't read what he said.

He said the lab theory doesn't mean it was made in a lab. Alot of users keep saying that, but I guess the people responding don't actually read the comments because once they hear the word lab theory they automatically assume it means made in a lab and they go straight for an attack.

Some of the people talking about lab theory are talking about the scientist that study viruses, since it's there job to collect viruses from the Wild and study it, and could've mishandled the COVID-19 virus while studying it and got infected and from there it spread. Usually with no mention at all that it was made in a lab.

Even Dr. Fauchi wants to look into the lab theory as a possibility. He still says he believes it's nature occurring, but there is a possibility that it leaked from the lab. And honestly scientist should look into all possibilities because that's how you do proper science and not biased science.

Recent reports have shown that I think CNN talked about that they found the doctors to be sick sooner then they thought in around November of 2019. Which if true shows that the Who's information was wrong. I see nothing wrong at looking into all possibilities.

Last edited by SG854,

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by DoubleDate,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the love of god, stop linking Daily Mail as a source. Even The Onion is more accurate and trustworthy.

That is not true at all. You probably dislike Dailymail, i havent encountered any untruthful news, as i check also major News outlets in the Netherlands and they report the same. Every major news on the Dailymail i can also find on big news stations in The Netherlands. If you dont like the site that is okay, but commenting that it is a bad site because you say so is another thing. No disrespect meant to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!