THQ points out that Nintendo could present Wii 2 soon...

MigueelDnd

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

THQ boss Brian Farrell has indicated that a Wii 2 announcement from Nintendo this year wouldn't be a great surprise to the publisher.

Speaking in a financial presentation at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference yesterday, the CEO said that THQ didn't expect new home console hardware "anytime soon from either Microsoft or Sony".

However, Farrell made a point of differentiating Nintendo from his forecast. He added: "We don't expect new hardware any time soon from either Microsoft or Sony. It's difficult on Nintendo - we'll let them announce their new hardware."[...]

[/p]

Source

Please bear with me, as it's my first time uploading a new on this section.

Several conclusions can be drawn from this piece of news. One could be that THQ knows something we don't and they are not planning to share or simply they are highly speculating (although this is not likely for the words they used). Anyways, this makes it look like Wii doesn't have as many good 3rd party developers interested in it nowadays; but maybe the E3 will answer this questions for us.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very intriguing, very intriguing indeed. I guess only time will tell
smile.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to see is Nintendo really put some power into their console. Like when the NES was first out. Nothing could compare.

I'd love to see Nintendo get back to the top.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Maedhros said:
What do you guys think that will be the Wii 2 gimmick? I can't think of anything. =/
They also think of something. None of us really saw dual screens, touch screens, motion control or autostereoscopic 3D either.
And, with luck, a major graphics boost to set them at least in line with the 5 year old tech in the PS3 and Xbox 360.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt will see anything about the Wii2 until 2012 at the earliest. Nintendo is not going to want to dilute the holiday season this year away from the 3DS. They've already publicly said numerous times there wouldn't be a "Wii HD" or similar revision of the original.

Edit - Heck, if we want to cite "Wii 2" news, IGN has much better speculation on it then this: http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1135489p1.html - but it's just that - speculation. There was a big rumor from some other sites that "Wii Hi-Fi" would be unveiled at E3, didn't happen. People have been saying a Wii HD for 2-3 years now.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Rock Raiyu said:
Think there was something going around that it would also have 3D
They'd have to take a close look at the percentage of 3DTV owners compared to everyone else. It's not large.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I hope they don't try to go overboard with it and then just utterly fail. I mean really, Nintendo has built itself upon the charming characters the company is known for, and with HD, it could just be ruined.

Sure, some game series, like Zelda or Metroid would be awesome in HD, but others like Mario or Kirby wouldn't.

Now, of course, things like a better online system, a better controller, etc. would be awesome. Oh well, only time will tell. And yeah, this doesn't really seem like news, but more of a statement you'd expect to see from a sales analyst.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Think there was something going around that it would also have 3D
They'd have to take a close look at the percentage of 3DTV owners compared to everyone else. It's not large.
True.

But can't PC gamers use 3D on their desktops as long as 1) the game supports it 2) your GPU supports 3D vision 3) your monitor is 120Hz? How exactly does that work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo