Hacking This place is so dead, it's rotting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it's kind of pointless but, this place is really dead. I miss the drama, you know like when Ds-x Guru told us the make our own firmware, or when Rabid1 came over to lie and talk trash about the banned users. It seems everybody have moved on, sold their Ds-x, accepted their loss. Firmware 1.1.3 is out but nobody cares...

I thought that Ds-x would officially be dead when the domains shut down but I was wrong, they let it die like a horse with a broken leg that never got the bullet to the head. Feel free to leave a comment, nothing to talk about but I still enjoys kicking the Ds-x team in the head, like beating a dead horse
tongue.gif

Now watch this thread getting closed, like all the others.... Oups sorry! Wrong forum.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrSpud said:
Well, it's kind of pointless but, this place is really dead. I miss the drama, you know like when Ds-x Guru told us the make our own firmware, or when Rabid1 came over to lie and talk trash about the banned users. It seems everybody have moved on, sold their Ds-x, accepted their loss. Firmware 1.1.3 is out but nobody cares...

I thought that Ds-x would officially be dead when the domains shut down but I was wrong, they let it die like a horse with a broken leg that never got the bullet to the head. Feel free to leave a comment, nothing to talk about but I still enjoys kicking the Ds-x team in the head, like beating a dead horse
tongue.gif
I agree, I think the drama at the official forums has been top-quality entertainment. When it came to deceiving users, I've never seen anything as creative as the stunts pulled there.

Virusak

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing going on here on anywhere else about ds-x.

Too bad the open source OS stopped, wonder what happenned to it. Lots of people were looking forward to it.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course it's dead.

When I first saw the DSX I thought, interesting, then I saw the price and immediately laughed. No one is going to pay that price for an item that doesn't do anything that the others don't already do.

So what the card has the micro sd defacto built in. It still just 2 gigs, and still costs twice what it costs to get the same thing from the competition.

And then there's all the bad PR.

They not only dropped the ball, they dropped it over a cliff.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well the reason that the forums are a bit quiet is that everyone is too busy enjoying the great new 1.1.3 firmware. No one posts anything because the firmwares great with no bugs at all. The DS-X is NOT dead, its one of the top cards on the market now since the update! the price of the DS-X is not high when you factor in the fact that it i so advanced compared to any other flashcard available, also you save money becaue you dont need to buy any extra overpriced memory cards, its ready to go right out the box! I have even ordered my fourth DS-X since the last firmware update its so good!
As for threads being closed rabid1 stated that he only closes deletes things to save other members being attacked by all the hatters, so there you go!

Reactions: 1 person

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you're almost as bad as someone who loves windows vista!
...are we sure that this dude isn't paid to do this?
edit: and zomg! we're all going to be killed by the hatters! run away!

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Well the reason that the forums are a bit quiet is that everyone is too busy enjoying the great new 1.1.3 firmware. No one posts anything because the firmwares great with no bugs at all. The DS-X is NOT dead, its one of the top cards on the market now since the update! the price of the DS-X is not high when you factor in the fact that it i so advanced compared to any other flashcard available, also you save money becaue you dont need to buy any extra overpriced memory cards, its ready to go right out the box! I have even ordered my fourth DS-X since the last firmware update its so good!
As for threads being closed rabid1 stated that he only closes deletes things to save other members being attacked by all the hatters, so there you go!
p1ngpong
Group: Newcomers

You have no idea what has gone on since launch. You happened to buy your DS-X around the time of the update; congrats. You should go back and read up on this entire section.

The DS-X has the same Actel FPGA that the other cards do. The onboard memory is what makes the DS-X so expensive, and it is not cheaper than a competitor card + memory combo. It's very improbable that most of the userbase is unhappy because they are "haters".

I hope things look up for the DS-X, and I hope you never have to deal with the drama everyone else has.

JohnoBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
p1ngpong said:

Hmm, you joined today to do this one post... how curious...

Anyway, I bought my DS-X when it just came out, it was one of the first Slot-1-No-Passme-Needed flashcarts, cost me $125 and had like 480MB of storage (ahhh, I remember the days of users posting "you said it was 4Gb" and the staff replies "well, we said giga BIT"). They had horrible production problems at the time and it took like a month to ship to most customers, some of them got DOA units that had to be firmware flashed before ever working, mine used to delete my saves every once in a while...

At the time it was really a good solution, and I enjoyed it for a while, but when they seemed slow on the support and started blaming the users for trying to play retail games on their carts I gave up and bought an R4, cost me a fraction of the price and had twice the storage... Upon first boot I was surprised, after getting used to DS-X's long load times I though that was the norm around flashcarts, but even though DS-X had the oh-so-great internal memory it couldn't even match these load times. Heck, for a while I thought Metroid Prime Pinball was actually supposed to run in the speed the DS-X played it.

When they said they'll start selling 2GB models I thought maybe we'll see some improvements, but nope, still same old support problems, still too high price, and when the 512K save type games came out... I haven't touched the DS-X in a while, gave it to a friend who got his DS lately, but when I had instal the new firmware flash for him few days ago I remembered why I don't miss the DS-X.

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
[/quote]
p1ngpong
Group: Newcomers

You have no idea what has gone on since launch. You happened to buy your DS-X around the time of the update; congrats. You should go back and read up on this entire section.

The DS-X has the same Actel FPGA that the other cards do. The onboard memory is what makes the DS-X so expensive, and it is not cheaper than a competitor card + memory combo. It's very improbable that most of the userbase is unhappy because they are "haters".

I hope things look up for the DS-X, and I hope you never have to deal with the drama everyone else has.
[/quote]

For your information Ive been keeping an eye on these forums for a long time and love my Ds-Xtreme, I knew the team would not let me down! I am an early adopter and know very well all the hate that has been directed at the DS-X for no reason, the drama has only been created by pirates, impatient people and people that obviously work for competitors cards! That is the only explanation I can see as to why such a quality product as the Xtreme has been plagued by so much negativity! It is the number one caard on the market, completely up to date, 100% future proof and has the best support than any other product!
The forums for Ds-X are the best moderated on the internet and the mods put up with more than they should too! I can only thank the team for the hard work they put in considering how much negativit they have too tolerate!!!

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
look, he can't even tag properly lol.
I was smart enough (no offence to DS-X owners/users) to get an M3 Simply... I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. Sounds like the DS-X is terrible. I stand by my last post, though! I bet this guy cuddles his Windows Vista Basic box when he goes to sleep.
JohnoBoy said:
Hmm, you joined today to do this one post... how curious...
correction: one "crappy" post.

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:

QUOTE(p1ngpong @ Apr 18 2008, 04:32 AM) For your information Ive been keeping an eye on these forums for a long time and love my Ds-Xtreme, I knew the team would not let me down! I am an early adopter and know very well all the hate that has been directed at the DS-X for no reason, the drama has only been created by pirates, impatient people and people that obviously work for competitors cards! That is the only explanation I can see as to why such a quality product as the Xtreme has been plagued by so much negativity! It is the number one caard on the market, completely up to date, 100% future proof and has the best support than any other product!
The forums for Ds-X are the best moderated on the internet and the mods put up with more than they should too! I can only thank the team for the hard work they put in considering how much negativit they have too tolerate!!!

LOL.. I love sarcasm

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:

I think we all know what you are trying to do, we are not here for your entertainment. I saw your post on the Ds-x forum, if you want to really know what people think of Ds-x, just follow the link in my signature (that's the blue letters under my post, it's called a signature). See?

You say you have been around for a long time? Answer this, who are the three core members who dissapear after 1.1.2 was released? What is the name of the adminis(traitor) that used to be around?

You're just a kid who wants attention, being a fanboy is one thing, being a fanboy of a dead product from a team known to have screwed over a lot of people is just sad. You have zero credibility here or on the Ds-x forum, go play your Pokemon
tongue.gif

Edit: Sarcasm? Stupidity? Nah! He just wants attention.

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong, please tell us why the DSX is better than all the other flashcarts when they all get updated about 2 days after a new game comes out, and the DSX has to wait like a year. Instead of just saying "Its so much better than any other card because they updated it" why don't you tell us why it's "so much better than everything else." For example, try saying something like this: "In my opinion, the r4ds is better than the DSX because it can play games, is updated when it needs to be, and is supported by a loyal team," instead of saying "r4ds rocks lulz!!"

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theclaw said:
Flash cart companies don't have to support illegally downloaded games. And only your own dumps in countries where it's legal.

There are anti-circumvention laws for some countries...
frown.gif

He's right of course.

But the DS fans that live in the real world don't have to support stupid companies, with stupid products supported by stupid fans that can only offer stupid reasons.

The last time I checked there weren't any countries that supported illegally copied games.

This remark though completely invalidates any remote shred of credibility. "It is the number one caard on the market, completely up to date, 100% future proof and has the best support than any other product!". I don't work for anybody let alone the R4DS people. I'm just able to realize the above assertion is not connected with reality.

Oh well, I suppose this thread is at least useful for some laughs.

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
MrSpud said:
p1ngpong said:

I think we all know what you are trying to do, we are not here for your entertainment. I saw your post on the Ds-x forum, if you want to really know what people think of Ds-x, just follow the link in my signature (that's the blue letters under my post, it's called a signature). See?

You say you have been around for a long time? Answer this, who are the three core members who dissapear after 1.1.2 was released? What is the name of the adminis(traitor) that used to be around?

You're just a kid who wants attention, being a fanboy is one thing, being a fanboy of a dead product from a team known to have screwed over a lot of people is just sad. You have zero credibility here or on the Ds-x forum, go play your Pokemon
tongue.gif

Edit: Sarcasm? Stupidity? Nah! He just wants attention.

Im just putting my opinion forward on what I think is a great product, you people just need to get a life instead of attacking me, I couldnt care less if I have credibility on this forum or not. Im not gona answer your questions, I dont claim to be better than anyone else here or to know more or less. At the end of the day if i didnt like the Xtreme I wouldnt have ordered a fourth cart for myself yesterday. You lot can hate on the Xtreme as much as you lot want, im just gona play mine and enjoy it like I have for over a year, and what wrong with Pokemon? Games awesome and one of the most succesful game franchises in history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY