Gaming THIS looks port worthy...

Rivaplz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a 2d fighter in development for the PC that looks like it belongs on the Wii.

http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/main.htm

Its a MUGEN (I know, I know, but keep reading) game, although it looks like they've tweaked the engine a little bit if you watch the latest video. It has characters from almost every popular game series ever, all with completely original sprites and move sets which makes the game look more like a stand alone release rather a game ran off of MUGEN. I'm not too sure how far anyone has come with porting MUGEN, but this is pretty good motivation to get that sort of project rolling.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That does look interesting. Would be fun to have on the Wi.
smile.gif

ThatOtherPerson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thatotherdev.com
XP
Country
Canada
According to Wikipedia the source code for MUGEN has never been released so even if somebody did the already hard work of Allegro (an open source library that MUGEN is built around) it still wouldn't be possible to go any farther then that. The art assets could be moved over (might have to be scaled to better fit Wii's admittedly low maximum resolution but maybe not. I'm not sure what rez those sprites are in.) but the programing of the game would have to be done from scratch.

Sorry to be negative. The game looks cool
smile.gif
and its still by no means out of the realm of possibility for it to be remade for Wii.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks awesome but (sorry to say this) people should think that's worth a port for the DS, not the Wii. FFS...

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait.. nobody knows about this game? I'm shocked, you'd think that a place like Gbatemp would've bene over this game years ago when it was first shown.

Indeed it seems like a great game, just looking at the collection of cards is fun enough.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, this does look good.
KOS-MOS is one of my favorite female characters ever. x)
Cloud is one of my favorite male characters ever! x)

Good luck to the devs!

UnFallen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PC hasn't even been released yet.
There's no release date for now and they won't give dates, when the demo is ready they said they'll upload it to the main page.
The beta will only have 4 characters, but it will let you see how's the gameplay and graphic style.
These four characters will be: Link(Legend of Zelda), Cloud(Final Fantasy VII), X(Megaman X) and KOS-MOS(Xenosaga)
Also the game will be protected to prevent riping, in which case we will stop making public the progress of CSW.
That means that you can't add your own characters and sadly it won't be portable to the Wii or DS
cry.gif
sad.gif
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: