Gaming This is what Nintendo needs to do to turn around the Wii U situation.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:lol: - Agreed! I'm sure the die hard lot will say wait for Mario Kart & Smash Bros, but we've had Sports, Fit & SM3D World and it's done feck all difference!
Dreamcast 2! ...Actually that's a bit harsh, the Dreamcast had gaems....

Wait does this mean in fifteen years I will be hearing about how SM3D World was an unfairly dismissed classic like I now have for the Sonic Adventure series?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:lol: - Agreed! I'm sure the die hard lot will say wait for Mario Kart & Smash Bros, but we've had Sports, Fit & SM3D World and it's done feck all difference!
Dreamcast 2! ...Actually that's a bit harsh, the Dreamcast had gaems....
Ya because WiiSports WiiFit are total sellers right?

trolling level -1

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's why I wished the forums used the pyramid quoting system again.

That could be good, but it also could make threads incredibly big with half of it been quotes.
Said that, I think todays quoting system is probably the best to be used on a forum like GBATemp.

fdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with all your points except for #2. I don't believe Wii U should be a RPG console. Many Nintendo fans like platformers and action-adventure games such as the Mario and Zelda Franchises. All other points are valid. specially # 7.

Some other titles I would love to see on the Wii U and that could catch some attention:

1. Banjo-Kazooie
  2. Diddy Kong Racing (way better than Mario Kart on the N64)
  3. Goldeneye (I know there was a Wii version, but not Wii U. And Legends just isn't the same)
  4. Monster Hunter 4
  5. Alexx Kid (please don't flame me for this)
  6. Mario Galaxy 3
  7. Zelda Ocarina of Time HD
  8. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do people praise Diddy Kong Racing as "better than Mario Kart 64"? Of course it was, Mario Kart 64 was shit.

Meanwhile Crash Team Racing was better than any of them.

Did Shigeru Miyamoto break into your house on Christmas Day and piss on your kids?? Or are we 12 years old and full of hate/angst and all that bollocks....? Nothing but post after post slagging off everything Nintendo on various threads, lighten up laddie! (Actually, some of the hate on this forum in general is baffling, they're just companies making a living ffs!)

In other news Crash Team Racing WAS very good....:lol:, but the mention of it doesn't really belong in this topic does it, and recent MK games have arguably got CTR well beat anyway. Mario Kart on the other hand IS worthy of a mention - MK8 looks fabulous, and like SM3DWorld will probably end up fabulous too - deserves to sell more than it will being released on the Wii U only certainly: if Nin dropped Wii U and stuck MK8 on both PS4 and Xbone they'd make far more money off it, which is sound business practice to me! Personally it matters not as I have a Wii U and will gladly play MK8 on it, but I'd have no problems with them going multiformat if it means them not turning into another Sega, coz that's what might eventually happen if they continue being stubborn.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did Shigeru Miyamoto break into your house on Christmas Day and piss on your kids?? Or are we 12 years old and full of hate/angst and all that bollocks....? Nothing but post after post slagging off everything Nintendo on various threads, lighten up laddie! (Actually, some of the hate on this forum in general is baffling, they're just companies making a living ffs!)

In other news Crash Team Racing WAS very good....:lol:, but the mention of it doesn't really belong in this topic does it, and recent MK games have arguably got CTR well beat anyway. Mario Kart on the other hand IS worthy of a mention - MK8 looks fabulous, and like SM3DWorld will probably end up fabulous too - deserves to sell more than it will being released on the Wii U only certainly: if Nin dropped Wii U and stuck MK8 on both PS4 and Xbone they'd make far more money off it, which is sound business practice to me! Personally it matters not as I have a Wii U and will gladly play MK8 on it, but I'd have no problems with them going multiformat if it means them not turning into another Sega, coz that's what might eventually happen if they continue being stubborn.

My point really is that people praise Diddy Kong Racing for being better than a bad game which is not really praise at all.

fdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point really is that people praise Diddy Kong Racing for being better than a bad game which is not really praise at all.
I guess it's a matter of opinion. I had all 3 games and liked them all but for me is Diddy Kong 1st then Mario Kart and last but not least Crash. Gotta learn to respect people's opinions. Imagine how boring the world would be if we all liked the same things.

fdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What nintendo really needs to do, is pack some balls like they did in 90s, and start releasing shit.
Agree. And people need to show their support and buy Nintendo like they did on 3DS. I really believe Wii U was more of a marketing fail than anything else. True fans should keep supporting Nintendo and keep in mind that they are the only company that is exclusively a game company, contrary to Sony or Microsoft.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree. And people need to show their support and buy Nintendo like they did on 3DS. I really believe Wii U was more of a marketing fail than anything else. True fans should keep supporting Nintendo and keep in mind that they are the only company that is exclusively a game company, contrary to Sony or Microsoft.

But people bought the 3DS because they got software for it. It wasn't a leap of faith, people bought it knowing they wanted stuff for it. Buying a Wii U and saying "Well if I buy it I guess Nintendo will support it because I bought it" is absolutely stupid. Maybe when it gets games on the level of the 3DS then people will want it. For now it's lacking a ton and people won't buy it until it stops lacking. Problem is it'll start missing the superior versions of next gen games because it's dated hardware and big franchises still won't migrate to it.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please explain to me this idea that Nintendo and their have this amazing relationship to JRPGs? This is one of the genres where Nintendo consoles have had few entries on their systems since the SNES.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please explain to me this idea that Nintendo and their have this amazing relationship to JRPGs? This is one of the genres where Nintendo consoles have had few entries on their systems since the SNES.

Because people think Nintendo are good at making anything despite the fact their range is incredibly limited?

People also think that a dead on arrival new console is gonna be the JRPG bastion of the new age despite the fact it'll be the PS3 for the next year and then probably the PS4.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(1) Buy Capcom. Well lets see the problems with this. 1. They are a shadow of their former selves and all of the best talent have either. 2. Nintendo themselves have enough on with fulfilling what fans want (made harder because they have to support two platforms), adding more butthurt fans demanding Mega Man and all of the others titles that don't sell well would be harder.

(2) Make a strong effort to make the WiiU THE RPG machine. I thought you were making a list to turn the Wii U around? JRPG's are still very niche outside of Final Fantasy.

(3) I would approach Square Enix to fully fund a Final Fantasy 7 remake AND a new Final Fantasy Tactics for the WiiU. Also ask for a Kingdom Hearts 3. PORTS PORTS PORTS THIS IS WHAT THE WII U NEEDS POOOOORRRRRRRTS!!!

(4) Find high-end developers to work on new sports franchises for the WiiU. This wouldn't work at all, EA and 2K have the market cornered and people will only stick to those. The best thing to do is try to win Take Two and EA back...which probably won't happen, unless they do Origin on Wii U which again will never happen.

(5) Get Gamefreak to work on that Wii U Pokemon game that every fan has wanted for years. Pokemon XD was marketed as a proper RPG Pokemon and well the Gamecube still ended up in 3rd place. To be honest, it would require a lot of time, resources to make something for a console that would be up to the standards of the handheld game and still warrant being on the console. It would probably cost Nintendo a lot to make it and if they didn't bother to do this on a console with a huge audience like the Wii had, why would they for one that is hardly selling at all? Nintendo will look at the last Pokemon RPG on a console (back when the Pokemon craze was much larger) see that it wouldn't be worth it.

(6) Make F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid, Earthbound, and Kid Icarus on the WiiU happen. This will not turn things around at all, Earthbound is a niche series and the Gamecube had F-Zero, two Metroid's and Star Fox on it. Kid Icarus is hardly a huge series either.

(7) Market the hell out of just about everything that's going on and coming out. They seriously need to get a brand new advertising company to do this, the ones doing it now are useless.

I don't think much can bring the Wii U back, a severe price slash is in order and market it as a budget console would help however the Wii U controller is what is making this console cost more. At the moment many places are selling a 12GB PS3 for £119 with a game. The 4GB 360 is going for £99 with a game. Not much storage on those but for the budget consumer, that wouldn't matter especially when the Wii U Premium hasn't got much more storage and is going at £199 with a much sparse back catalog of games to choose from. Maybe Nintendo could do a cheap Wii U pack which doesn't have the touchscreen controller and just has a regular controller with it...but then it wouldn't have anything to set itself apart from the other consoles.

For a long time now Nintendo has been a "second console of choice". They always have absolute classic titles that people want but they always fall short of the big 3rd party titles. Nintendo probably wont get the 3rd party publishers back until the next console gen and people have their eyes on Xbone and PS4 for now so a second console is not an option for a long time. This is a shame, I love Nintendo, I love how they do their own thing, they don't copy others and they have their own identity I mean some CEO from Sony or MS can knock on my door, say they are CEO of a big console company and I wouldn't know which company they were from.

Reactions: Joe88

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: My older brother +1