Gaming This is what Nintendo needs to do to turn around the Wii U situation.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
(1) Buy Capcom. They're about to go under anyway. It's time to start putting some of those billions to use. I think it's getting to a point where gamers need more exclusive reasons to own a Nintendo home console, and that would be the impetus for most of my decision making. If you want to play Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Okami, Dragon's Dogma, Viewtiful Joe, Strider, Breath of Fire, Etc., well, you have to buy a Nintendo console.

The buying companies model didn't work like that, chances are workers just jump ship if Capcom is no more, so you finish buying a bunch of IPs without talent to back them up.

(2) Make a strong effort to make the WiiU THE RPG machine. Going back a couple of months, I would have bought Atlus. It's a genre that still has a sizable, and worthwhile fan base (especially in Japan). Having Monolith Soft (X) and Atlus (Persona 5) in the stable would be a very nice start, but it certainly wouldn't end there. I'd get Sega on the move with Skies of Arcadia 2, commission Konami to work on Suikoden 6, get localization deals on Namco's Tales of series, get Level-5 thinking about another Dark Cloud game, make another Shadow Hearts or Tactics Ogre possible, etc.

I think they have more agreements with Atlus, since they are co-developing FExSMT, they have good relationship with Level-5 so a co-developed game would be nice, Namco's Tales is a little harder though, since most of the fanbase is on PlayStation, although Nintendo would work in make the serie bigger in Americas as they did with ToS.

(3) I would approach Square Enix to fully fund a Final Fantasy 7 remake AND a new Final Fantasy Tactics for the WiiU. Also ask for a Kingdom Hearts 3 port, even if they have to pay for it themselves. It's bad that a major game like that is skipping the Wii U.

It would require a big effort from Nintendo's side convince SE, because SE seems strongly moving towards smartphones.

(4) Find high-end developers to work on new sports franchises for the WiiU. This would be taking a page from the Sega handbook on what to do when EA wants no part of you.

Nintendo is already leaving a bunch outside companies handling its own titles, once they can find the balance to make HD development less stressful they would work in new games-ips, as now they are struggling to get its own titles out.

(5) Get Gamefreak to work on that Wii U Pokemon game that every fan has wanted for years, but hasn't gotten yet. There isn't a better time than now to make that happen already. I don't care if it's just a follow up to colosseum/XD. Just give us something.

A port like MH3G-MH3U would be nice, giving bonus to people that have the 3DS version for playing the Wii U version.

(6) Make F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid, Earthbound, and Kid Icarus on the WiiU happen, while taking a 2 year break on anything Mario. Let's bring other Nintendo IP to the forefront for a few years. If a break isn't possible, then I'd be okay with them keep making mario games as long as it doesn't take away resources from different games.

I agree, we got too many Mario games, I think the serie need a little rest. StarFox!!!! PLZ!

(7) Market the hell out of just about everything that's going on and coming out.

Nintendo has been quite shy on marketing Wii U, even great features like remote play gets ignored. Nintendo Directs are nice and all but its reach is rather small due it only targets the hardcore Nintendo fan. I said marketing the VC, remote play, they have these great features but Joe average have no idea about them.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo needed to launch this console with more 1st party titles or atleast more 1st party titles should have been released in the first year. I bought it at launch expecting a steady stream of Nintendo games but not much has come my way, it's been collecting dust. In the meantime I've purchased many X360 games and I play it everyday.
Now the new consoles are coming out, and I'm afraid it's too little too late for the Wii-u.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo needed to launch this console with more 1st party titles or atleast more 1st party titles should have been released in the first year. I bought it at launch expecting a steady stream of Nintendo games but not much has come my way, it's been collecting dust. In the meantime I've purchased many X360 games and I play it everyday.
Now the new consoles are coming out, and I'm afraid it's too little too late for the Wii-u.

The nextgen consoles are great, if you want to keep playing all these boring fps games :-)

negevasaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
And they can make there own tablet like a new version of wii u gamepad with 128gb ssd, 4gb ram, multi touch and two cameras.
And the tablet will have 2 os one the wii u os fro this os you can play wii u games (like assassin's creed IV) and the second os will be android.
If you have wii u you will get a disscount and to prove it you have to download all the games from the wii u console.
If you don't have one it will cost more but you can download the games without wii u console.
any game you buy for the wii u you can download to one tablet for free.
Only on tablet can have a disscount for one wii u.

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
And they can make there own tablet like a new version of wii u gamepad with 128gb ssd, 4gb ram, multi touch and two cameras.
And the tablet will have 2 os one the wii u os fro this os you can play wii u games (like assassin's creed IV) and the second os will be android.
If you have wii u you will get a disscount and to prove it you have to download all the games from the wii u console.
If you don't have one it will cost more but you can download the games without wii u console.
any game you buy for the wii u you can download to one tablet for free.
Only on tablet can have a disscount for one wii u.

histagata? you went insane? i don't see that happen in a trillion years!

Problem with Nintendo is deeply rooted in the company members, we are talking about the people that takes decitions are over 50 years old men (in average), so no wonder the strange choices they have made over years, they seems running the bussiness the same as 90'. They need young people like Sakurai, Koizumi, they are more in touch with what consumers want nowadays.

i so fucking agree. change needs to come

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Could happen. Probably won't happen.
2. Niche developers and big developers, like Square Enix, already flock to Sony's machines when it comes to RPGs since that's where their audience is. Which is why JRPGs sell way more on Sony's system than any other. (See the Final Fantasy 13 series)
3. I don't think Square will listen.
4. EA will definitely ignore Nintendo if that happens.
5. GameFreak prefers working on handhelds.
6. I guess I can agree on the fact that Mario needs a break.
7. They have. I've seen commercials with children telling adults that the Wii U is a different device. (Seriously, look it up on Youtube)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well really, Nintendo has released their first party IP's a lot faster on the WiiU than they have before. We already have Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros., and pretty soon we're already getting huge titles like Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8. That's pretty impressive.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Well really, Nintendo has released their first party IP's a lot faster on the WiiU than they have before. We already have Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros., and pretty soon we're already getting huge titles like Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8. That's pretty impressive.
To be fair, the Zelda game isn't a new game.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nextgen consoles are great, if you want to keep playing all these boring fps games :-)

but what are you playing on the wiiu which isnt on the other machines? im playing last of us and gta v and battlefield 4. i know, really boring games. lemme go play sonic losts worlds or wind waker which i clocked on gamecube 10 years ago which are much more exciting.

ed lover 'cmon son!'

lets be real here...there are not just boring games on other machines

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be fair the Zelda game was just a remake and New Super Mario Bros. U hardly makes me think of a game with effort put into it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down, breathe, and tell us how much time (in actual hours of gameplay) you expect from a game and how much you are receiving instead.

To be fair I spent $50 on Super Mario Galaxy and got every star in less than 20 hours.

Nintendo needs to stop putting so much on platformers, they're like games you crank out in a weekend and then they just sit there.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair I spent $50 on Super Mario Galaxy and got every star in less than 20 hours.

Nintendo needs to stop putting so much on platformers, they're like games you crank out in a weekend and then they just sit there.

Oh, I wasn't trying to attack him, I was honestly curious about how much time he's getting and how much he expects. To be honest, I personally thought the first Galaxy game was a little bit overrated by the masses (not that it wasn't a good game). Galaxy 2 was the better game and added a lot more value with all them green stars after you collected the original stars.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had not seen commercials on TV in months. A guy at work said on kid's channels advertisements were being bombed.
I put on a few shows for my 4 and 5 year olds and every other commercial showed Mario 3d with kids in outfits and the entire family playing. Obviously Nintendo is hitting target audience. People made good points on here and neogaf
about competing with itself.

Why sell Wii anymore? Wii Mini? 3ds and then trying to divide dev teams with all systems? Get rid of Wii, sell Wii U as "The next level". Interesting to see, vWii on gamepad is a great surprise. Advertise what gamepad can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee