ROM Hack This is very possible (advanced rom hacking)

Demonofbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was very disappointed with GBAtemp members not to long ago.
I was browsing the forums and found this thread some time ago http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=197963&st=0

I was off my PC for a while and couldn't check back on it, though i was completely sure things like this ARE possible, I had been doing things like this myself.
I realize people could be skeptical because he had no proof as of then but I would like to show you how simple rom hacking can be.

He was describing replacing guns from an older call of duty game, this is actually very possible seeing as all the call of duty games on the DS are made nearly the same.

well, even before he made that post i was making my own cod hack, I was starting out by putting levels from world at war into modern warfare mobilized.

proof here:
PROOF.jpg

as you see, new guns, old map, and the new interface on the bottom.

I am now working on making a voice over for it on the story mode, I'm having some troubles with that but it IS coming along.

the point of this topic is to prove to you guys that things like this are completely possible and don't doubt people who say they have something.

Demonofbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thank you for your support, If possible I will let people test it as I go along, I need some info about making a patch so you can take the original rom and turn it into mine. I do not know how to make patches, but I have the original and end product rom which I'm guessing is all you need besides the patch making stuff.

Also if any of you are familiar with kiwi.ds I have a question for you, I'm having trouble with compiling something.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonofbirth said:
thank you, now is anybody interested in testing my v1.0 game?
i hate the controls of the DS CoD games, but yeah sure why not.
wait, does that one at least have a "left-handed" option?

Demonofbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha yes i believe so... if there isn't a lefty mode then I'm sure there is an action replay code to switch controls.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shit if they can dick around and debug with super mario anything is possible.

more mario kart tracks anyone?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonofbirth said:
haha yes i believe so... if there isn't a lefty mode then I'm sure there is an action replay code to switch controls.
heh Modern Warfare had lefty mode, but didn't see it in WaW... gave up in the first room on that one, no way im moving with the D=pad and still trying to turn with my left hand stylus
tongue.gif

Demonofbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to let you guys know, that due to school work I have been behind on this, but as summer is getting near I'll be having more time for this.... if you would like to help or have questions my msn is [email protected] and my skype is vvDevanvv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT