This forum GBATEMP cheated Our Company .

CHUWI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am going public because i have tried to communicate with them with so many ways and no answer so far.

I am speaking on behalf of CHUWI . A brand that sells computers and tablets. This person [email protected] contacted us so we could send our Larkbox x for a review. And we agreed, we do reviews with many people in the world. We sent the product to them, and i have not been able to contact them since 27 July. I wrote 3 emails, i sent an email to moderation in the forum, i wrote her a direct message in the forum, i wrote a small post in one of her threads and i have been ignored. So the only way i have is to come public about what happened. I have proofs
I Expect our product to be sent back to our warehouse, because you guys have not fulfilled your words, and it has not been proffesional from your part. And i expect someone from the team to contact me,. I wont stop until i get someone answer.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Life happens sometimes.

But two months with no communication is indeed not a great look. If you ask for free samples to review the least you could do is have the decency to explain why it hasn't happened yet.

CHUWI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
We do not mind to wait we collaborate with many influencers and tech blogs around the world. But no response to any of our emails and messages in almost 3 months is not good. I hope after this they decide to answer me,

Reactions: bonkmaykr and Jayro

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @CHUWI

I'm sorry to hear that communication stopped after the product was shipped for review.

However, as our editorial staff arrange for product reviews themselves without our intervention (besides our approval of what kinds of products we allow them to review) I will wait for Chary to reply before putting words into anyones mouth.

Hopefully we'll be able to resolve this smoothly but feel free to reach out to me personally if things complicate further.

CHUWI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi @CHUWI

I'm sorry to hear that communication stopped after the product was shipped for review.

However, as our editorial staff arrange for product reviews themselves without our intervention (besides our approval of what kinds of products we allow them to review) I will wait for Chary to reply before putting words into anyones mouth.

Hopefully we'll be able to resolve this smoothly but feel free to reach out to me personally if things complicate further.
Thank you for your answer. I really hope Chary appears and give a reasonable explanation of why communication has stopped which is why I am dissapointed, not because of the delay on the review. Because i wrote her in all the channels possible.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I apologize for not getting in contact sooner.

We collaborate with a number of companies that get to the point of sending a product out, and then we never hear from them again. I say this to preface why I reacted the way I did.

I do see that the Larkbox did arrive. Delivered 8/6, after being transferred from UPS to USPS. The problem is, I never actually received it.

From there, I assumed we'd just lost contact with you guys and had been ghosted. It happens all the time so I didn't think much of it.

As for the emails, I promise you I didn't see a single one, nor can I find any when I search my Outlook history. I just see your last email as the one with the tracking number and hubs link. I can't find any other communication with your name or with "chuwi".

However, I do see that you contacted me on the shoutbox message panel. And that's on me for not noticing that. Regardless of our history with other companies, I should have reached out to see the progress of the shipping, and I should have been paying more attention to my messages on here. I believe you when you say you tried to contact me.

So I fully understand why you'd be frustrated.

We really value the chance to work together with companies like this. Not just to "get free stuff" but to have fun testing out cool tech, and to just have the opportunity to receive review units at all. And the last thing I want is to have is for the website to look bad because of it. Regardless of myself, I want to make sure GBAtemp has a good reputation!

So I have a hopeful suggestion that might help everything work out, if that's okay with you. It's my responsibility to make sure the mail gets inside before anything can happen to it, and I'm sure my lack of reply looks terrible. I don't want to handwave this away because the box was presumably stolen. I need a Christmas present for my cousin, and he was looking at mini pcs, so I'll purchase a Larkbox, and review it. I'm currently on vacation until the 30th, but once I get back home I can start on writing a review, and that way everything works out?

CHUWI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi there. I apologize for not getting in contact sooner.

We collaborate with a number of companies that get to the point of sending a product out, and then we never hear from them again. I say this to preface why I reacted the way I did.

I do see that the Larkbox did arrive. Delivered 8/6, after being transferred from UPS to USPS. The problem is, I never actually received it.

From there, I assumed we'd just lost contact with you guys and had been ghosted. It happens all the time so I didn't think much of it.

As for the emails, I promise you I didn't see a single one, nor can I find any when I search my Outlook history. I just see your last email as the one with the tracking number and hubs link. I can't find any other communication with your name or with "chuwi".

However, I do see that you contacted me on the shoutbox message panel. And that's on me for not noticing that. Regardless of our history with other companies, I should have reached out to see the progress of the shipping, and I should have been paying more attention to my messages on here. I believe you when you say you tried to contact me.

So I fully understand why you'd be frustrated.

We really value the chance to work together with companies like this. Not just to "get free stuff" but to have fun testing out cool tech, and to just have the opportunity to receive review units at all. And the last thing I want is to have is for the website to look bad because of it. Regardless of myself, I want to make sure GBAtemp has a good reputation!

So I have a hopeful suggestion that might help everything work out, if that's okay with you. It's my responsibility to make sure the mail gets inside before anything can happen to it, and I'm sure my lack of reply looks terrible. I don't want to handwave this away because the box was presumably stolen. I need a Christmas present for my cousin, and he was looking at mini pcs, so I'll purchase a Larkbox, and review it. I'm currently on vacation until the 30th, but once I get back home I can start on writing a review, and that way everything works out?
Hello Chary:

Thank you for your response. I understand that you also got tired that companis say yes and then they never send anything. But to be fair i gave the tracking number :( .And we are a small company so we really need everything to get to be known.

I cannot believe the Larkbox X was stolen and they never sent it to you

I send here the proof that i tried to communicate with you, maybe the emails are in Spam. it happens to me many times, because they come from China.

This is the emails screen capture i sent

This is another email i wrote to Playwire, the company i read is also in charge of it, I never received a response back
1729739895813.png

I would appreciate if you please , as you said could buy a Larkbox and do the review, because my Boss also is angry due to this. if you take the chance now with Halloween sales you will get a discount on it.

Sorry for making this public but i had no other way to be heard.

Attachments

• 1729739639977.png
    1729739639977.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by Chary,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I have 6 emails ranging from initial contact, approval for the review, and ending with tracking. 1 is your reply to me regarding my own email going to spam, email 6 is the usps number. I fully believe you sent it, and I see that it was delivered at my address. I have contact with you until Aug 4. My spam appears to only go back to Sept 24. The only other email I have that comes up for Chuwi is a 2019 contact. Regardless, that's beside the point. What matters now is having a unit to review, and as mentioned, I'll purchase one the second I'm home.

Playwire only handles advertisements for the site. As far as I'm aware, they wouldn't respond to anything unrelated to ad banners.
I can understand why you needed to reach out via the forum. We want to be transparent about how we do things. So if you don't mind giving me a week to get home and another week to buy, test, and write about the Larkbox, that would be great. We can keep this thread open for further communication until the review is complete and posted.

Edit: I've removed one of the screenshot from public view purely because it includes my address and I feel uncomfortable about potential personal information being available to the public.

CHUWI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
As i said i dont mind to wait for the review. What matters is finally we could contact and talk again.
When you finish the review you can let me know.
I appreciate you writing here.And answering me, instead of removing my post .

Reactions: Kioku

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Unlike many countries where the mail carrier / postman etc must directly deliver the package, in the USA it is sadly normal to simply leave the package outside your front door.

Taking packages back to the distribution center is too much work (money) that they will only do if the package requires a signature.
Or, the signature is signed for you and left at your door anyway!

That fact leads to "porch pirates" :(

(Just backing up the concept of Chary's package getting stolen, it can be a common thing in the USA, even if it is very rare in some countries)

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike many countries where the mail carrier / postman etc must directly deliver the package, in the USA it is sadly normal to simply leave the package outside your front door.

Taking packages back to the distribution center is too much work (money) that they will only do if the package requires a signature.

(Just backing up the concept of Chary's package getting stolen, it can be a common thing in the USA, even if it is very rare in some countries)
FedEx keeps fucking doing that to me, and it pisses me off. I almost lost so many boxes of cat food because of their shit. And HomeDepot keeps using them! Reeeeeeeeee! I just needed to rant about FedEx. USPS and UPS are cool though.

bonkmaykr

Thinkpad Stickerbomber
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States

As a rule of thumb, if you are shipping anything expensive or valuable to the US or Canada, wrap the real box in bubble wrap inside of a larger unmarked box or a decoy box that appears to be something else. @CHUWI stealing packages is unfortunately very common here especially when they are marked with anything tech related.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

This is why I get most packages delivered to work or to places I know someone will be in for.

Even in the UK I've had packages with hundreds of £s dropped behind my back gate, left in bins, etc. Nothing stolen fortunately (touch wood).

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm thankful I live where I have an Amazon delivery hub that UPS, USPS, and FedEx can use to securely store my packages, but AliExpress just recently started using Uni Uni, which is a shitty gig work delivery service that puts it at my apartment door for everyone to steal. Pisses me off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, Your profile says you are from the states