Rafinesque

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of Wii's that I bought mainly to run homebrew on. Now that the PS3 has homebrew, I'm thinking about selling my Wii's (I already bought two PS3's - before Sony fixes the hack).

Anyone else just use their Wii's for homebrew?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
HAS homebrew? it'll be a long way off b4 the ps3 reaches the wiis HB level
tongue.gif

Red Ire Lap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also doubt sony will be able to fix the level of hacktitude achieved here.

Homebrew wont be developed for the PS3 for a few months still.
It's basically at the level of discovering a new country and just begining to explore it. We aren't even talking about contructing buildings and making a civilization yet.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why have these threads suddenly started to pop up in the Wii-forum? Feels like people trolling.

PS3 modding like we know it for the Wii, will certainly take like two years to achieve. And anyway, my feeling is that the train has already left for PS3 to jump on it, maybe too late.
My feeling is that "the master keys" for PS3 hit the market very "surprisingly" , just to boost sales to a machine that just hasn´t blown people away.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I cannot think of any way sony will fix their leaked private keys without breaking every released game thus far, so getting a PS3 "before they fix it" seems unneeded.

As for the question: I use my wii roughly equal to run games as to mess with homebrew. I can't think of much that I'd like to see on homebrew that the wii can't run (don't care that much about HD movies), so I don't see myself buying a second console quickly. Perhaps if they can pull off emulating a wii?
tongue.gif

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
I cannot think of any way sony will fix their leaked private keys without breaking every released game thus far, so getting a PS3 "before they fix it" seems unneeded.

As for the question: I use my wii roughly equal to run games as to mess with homebrew. I can't think of much that I'd like to see on homebrew that the wii can't run (don't care that much about HD movies), so I don't see myself buying a second console quickly. Perhaps if they can pull off emulating a wii?
tongue.gif
Thats what I've been predicting for the ps3. When homebrew on it really does take off. I reckon this could be the first generation of console we've seen that can emulate one of its rivals in the same generation.
Wii games on ps3. Its possible, I mean you've got Dolphin, all it needs is porting and optimising. Granted that aint easy and I sure aint gonna do it, but I reckon this is the platform we'll see that sort of thing on if it was ever gonna happen.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
This is almost like comparing Wii and PS3 directly. 2 different console with different pros and cons. I believe also, aimed at 2 different markets. I'd keep the Wii and have a PS3

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wever said:
You probably can't think of any way because you did not create the console and sony does.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
laurenz said:
Wever said:
You probably can't think of any way because you did not create the console and sony does.

Wrong. Sony screwed up major.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
This is almost like comparing Wii and PS3 directly. 2 different console with different pros and cons. I believe also, aimed at 2 different markets. I'd keep the Wii and have a PS3

i am agree , but i have not money so i have only wii

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
zizer said:
bazamuffin said:

i am agree , but i have not money so i have only wii

Me too bro, mortgage, car, wife and 3 kids. Bad times

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
laurenz said:
Wever said:

Wrong. Sony screwed up major.
Agreed.
I've seen loads of people saying yeah its ok till Sony patch it.
Why is not getting across to people, it is something Sony can do absoloutly nothing about. The cat is out the bag and there is no going back without taking off the shelves EVERY ps3 game available since release and swapping them for new copies with sigs where the key has been generated properly with a RANDOM number, not the same one everytime.

Sony=Bent Right Over and can never stand up again until ps4

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems that those who heard about leaked keys/custom firmware are buying or considering buying a PS3. Maybe Sony "leaked" PS3 keys to boost its sales?
tongue.gif

If you have the money, you probably have a PS3 already, regardless of custom firmware/homebrew/usb loading/whatever might show up in the future. If you don't, there's no point on getting one now, since for non-developers those leaked keys have no use.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ato Puro said:
It seems that those who heard about leaked keys/custom firmware are buying or considering buying a PS3. Maybe Sony "leaked" PS3 keys to boost its sales?
tongue.gif

it is good thought , time will tell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Why buy another Series X? Something happen to the 1st one?