Hacking Theory: Nintendo's new way to stop Homebrew

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok i installed IOS60 patcher, everything seems to be working fine. I installed a wad and the disc channel was fine
grog.gif
yay.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly the official update method has the same brick risk as Waninkoko's updater. The only chance in hell of it bricking you is if the power goes out in the middle of the install. Had that happen once........... Wasn't a pretty sight. thankfully Nintendo isn't as bad as a lot of people claim and they replaced it for free.

I would advise having used waninkoko's updater but either way since it's been updated already it doesn't matter.

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
am with Enigma though i have to say.

personally i think 4.0 was hacked so easily and so quickly aside from ofcourse the a exploit for newcomers that something stinks imo.

and regarding a exploit am sure marcan or one of the devs has one already there just holding out a while to see if nintendo pulls another fast update like 3.3v2

we shall see

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was hacked so easily because nintendo fucked up. They tried to block piracy but they failed to overwrite the things that would enable Pirates to fuck Nintendo over yet again. So bassically Nintendo has succeeded with only blocking new users from pirating stuff. Until a new hack is found.

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok so the weirdest thing happened today. I turned on my Wii, went to the disc channel and the corrupted error appeared again. So, I turned it off, unplugged the SD Card and it worked fine, no wads were installed or anything. After a few minutes research I found a few other people have had this problem and as far as I can tell their not even homebrewers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.