Hacking Theme Brlyt Editor by The Wii Theme Team Release

guythatlikeswii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
the instructions are for splitting up a image in to the parts for the wii letter
or you can use this batch script

the template is to help in the creation of the memory management window you just need to add a image in the gap in the image or on a new layer under the template that way you still have the white text box in the image then save them in the memory_management folder over the image you want to replace
I still don't understand, do I need to replace any images to display the window?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't understand, do I need to replace any images to display the window?
the window template is for changing the button images in the memory_management folder by only adding a image in to the transparent section and saving over the button images you will get something like this
or you can just replace the button images in the folder and get the image as you made in with no white text section in the image

InvalityEC

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, Diddy! I'm having a few issues with the data management portion of the theme. The "Free Blocks" text is a bunch of blue blocks, the "back" button doesn't have the bubble texture? (that's the best I can describe it) The borders? around the channel icons in the channel management sections aren't present and when I get into the menu with the "Move, Copy and Delete" buttons there isn't a background making which is annoying and makes the text hard to read. I know that that some if not all can be fixed by swaping out the BRLYT files with fresh ones but I'm not sure which ones to swap out.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, Diddy! I'm having a few issues with the data management portion of the theme. The "Free Blocks" text is a bunch of blue blocks, the "back" button doesn't have the bubble texture? (that's the best I can describe it) The borders? around the channel icons in the channel management sections aren't present and when I get into the menu with the "Move, Copy and Delete" buttons there isn't a background making which is annoying and makes the text hard to read. I know that that some if not all can be fixed by swaping out the BRLYT files with fresh ones but I'm not sure which ones to swap out.
Easiest option is to just replace all the brlyt files and redo your colors after.

Reactions: InvalityEC

UltraSonic1345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Mega Issues with Data Management Text, I'm trying to create a Red Wii Theme.
PLEASE HELP

Here's the 7z for the files

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-24 182915.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-24 182915.png
    690.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Red Wii Theme.7z
    1.6 MB · Views: 23

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Mega Issues with Data Management Text, I'm trying to create a Red Wii Theme.
PLEASE HELP

Here's the 7z for the files
not sure what happened there but looks like its just the free blocks text
copy fresh versions from the base pack in to the brlyt folder of your theme of these files and try it again
- it_ObjCubeEdit_a.brlyt
-it_ObjChannelEdit_a.brlyt

if its still not working I will investigate this further

UltraSonic1345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what happened there but looks like its just the free blocks text
copy fresh versions from the base pack in to the brlyt folder of your theme of these files and try it again
- it_ObjCubeEdit_a.brlyt

if its still not working I will investigate this further
IT WORKED!! THANK YOU!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-24 194908.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-24 194908.png
    698.6 KB · Views: 45

BuzzHaddaBig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem and I'd greatly appreciate any help :)

I'm trying to make a theme, but it seems that the channel border appears only around the channels to the left of my current screen. I redownloaded both the editor and base pack and created a theme where channel border color was the only change just to make sure it wasn't something else.

Attachments

• theme.png
    theme.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem and I'd greatly appreciate any help :)

I'm trying to make a theme, but it seems that the channel border appears only around the channels to the left of my current screen. I redownloaded both the editor and base pack and created a theme where channel border color was the only change just to make sure it wasn't something else.

Just looked and the editor is changing the correct values from what i can see
looks like your testing on dolphin emu which might be the problem
I would suggest trying it on a real wii to see if it shows correctly

BuzzHaddaBig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looked and the editor is changing the correct values from what i can see
looks like your testing on dolphin emu which might be the problem
I would suggest trying it on a real wii to see if it shows correctly
I've now tried it on my real Wii. The problem now is that there's no channel borders at all. Any ideas?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've now tried it on my real Wii. The problem now is that there's no channel borders at all. Any ideas?
I will have a better look at this problem and get back to you
Post automatically merged:

ok I have found the problem and is was a error in my code
I am very sorry for the mistake
you can download the updated version here

Last edited by diddy81,

ordartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. I decided to make my first custom theme. I'm still a noob on this but, is there a reason about why a few things looks bugged? For example, there's a gray block in where the letter should be in the main menu, and in the options, the left blocks looks green or some parts are transparent. I thought it was just a Dolphin bug, but when I tested it on my real Wii it also looks the same.

Attachments

• 0000000100000002_2023-08-11_15-03-34.png
    0000000100000002_2023-08-11_15-03-34.png
    923.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 0000000100000002_2023-08-11_15-03-29.png
    0000000100000002_2023-08-11_15-03-29.png
    910.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 0000000100000002_2023-08-11_03-47-27.png
    0000000100000002_2023-08-11_03-47-27.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 46

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I decided to make my first custom theme. I'm still a noob on this but, is there a reason about why a few things looks bugged? For example, there's a gray block in where the letter should be in the main menu, and in the options, the left blocks looks green or some parts are transparent. I thought it was just a Dolphin bug, but when I tested it on my real Wii it also looks the same.
I am not sure what causes this but BHRundas10410 had the gray block problem here
try using fresh versions of my_IplTop_e.brlyt and my_IplTop_e.brlan from the base pack in your theme
and UltraSonic1345 had the block color problem here
use fresh versions from the base pack in to the brlyt folder of your theme of these files and try it again
- it_ObjCubeEdit_a.brlyt

ordartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am not sure what causes this but BHRundas10410 had the gray block problem here
try using fresh versions of my_IplTop_e.brlyt and my_IplTop_e.brlan from the base pack in your theme
and UltraSonic1345 had the block color problem here
use fresh versions from the base pack in to the brlyt folder of your theme of these files and try it again
- it_ObjCubeEdit_a.brlyt
Thanks. This worked!!! I tried to edit again the color of the free blocks text, but it bugged again, so I think that's not possible at this moment.

As for this, may I please know where the layouts for the channels and savegames are storaged in the theme pack? I don't know what happened but they look with no background and out of shape

Attachments

• 0000000100000002_2023-08-12_01-18-23.png
    0000000100000002_2023-08-12_01-18-23.png
    1,007 KB · Views: 25
  • 0000000100000002_2023-08-12_01-18-31.png
    0000000100000002_2023-08-12_01-18-31.png
    878.2 KB · Views: 24

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. This worked!!! I tried to edit again the color of the free blocks text, but it bugged again, so I think that's not possible at this moment.

As for this, may I please know where the layouts for the channels and savegames are storaged in the theme pack? I don't know what happened but they look with no background and out of shape
look in the folders inside the memory_management folder for everything to do with save games and storage

as for the free block text i will take a look later today and see if i can work out the problem

ordartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
look in the folders inside the memory_management folder for everything to do with save games and storage

as for the free block text i will take a look later today and see if i can work out the problem
Thanks. I checked, but, there's nothing related to these specific assets. I had to check other themes (not made by me) and I noticed the same bug is there (it's not a Dolphin bug since it looks like that on real Wii too). It's not the only theme who has this problem. I'm not sure if this might be related to a bug made by default by brlyt editor just like the graphical bug when you try to change the color of the free blocks text.

Attachments

• 0000000100000002_2023-08-12_03-23-49.png
    0000000100000002_2023-08-12_03-23-49.png
    442.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 0000000100000002_2023-08-12_03-23-57.png
    0000000100000002_2023-08-12_03-23-57.png
    561.1 KB · Views: 25

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I checked, but, there's nothing related to these specific assets. I had to check other themes (not made by me) and I noticed the same bug is there (it's not a Dolphin bug since it looks like that on real Wii too). It's not the only theme who has this problem. I'm not sure if this might be related to a bug made by default by brlyt editor just like the graphical bug when you try to change the color of the free blocks text.
I have found the problem with the text color and will push a update later just need to check a few more things

I am still looking in to the background and the tv boxes behind saves and channels

I have uploaded the fixes
you now need version 1.2 of the editor and to fix the backgrounds and channel boxes you need to redownload the base pack

Last edited by diddy81,

UnderscoreAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hey! i'm very late i know but i'm having issues with the program itself, i've tried to select the "Brlyt path" but upon selecting the folder with the .brlyt stuff inside, it just dosen't open it, and i've tried to run the app in compatibity mode with Windows 7 as well as setting up python in my computer but just keeps throwing the same error
I have found the problem with the text color and will push a update later just need to check a few more things

I am still looking in to the background and the tv boxes behind saves and channels

I have uploaded the fixes
you now need version 1.2 of the editor and to fix the backgrounds and channel boxes you need to redownload the base pack
the error itself is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 587, in onDir
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xc1' in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)
issue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare