Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I tried the steps you gave me, and it only shows the first frame for the image. I made sure the frame count was 36, I changed the lines starting from simg3014 and added all the lines from your ini file up to simg3049, and I also added the sdta3002 file to the base. And as for the brlyt, there was just one file in it, so I added it to the other files in the base folder for fear that my Wii might brick without all those other files. Other than that, the only thing I didn't do was change the dimensions of the image to match what was in your ini.
I will dm you so I can help

BHRundas10410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm now trying to make my own custom health screen animation, similar to the one that was made for the Shadow the Hedgehog theme. Here are the pictures they use, and here are the ones I'm using to make my own animation. When I try it, the flashing image doesn't line up with the image the way I want it to, it should be flashing over the top portion of the screen, but instead it flashes over the whole screen. I even tried changing the dimensions for the image in the mym.ini file, but I still get the same result. If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• it_Has_a_US_ENG.png
    it_Has_a_US_ENG.png
    390 KB · Views: 30
  • it_Has_b_US_ENG.png
    it_Has_b_US_ENG.png
    122 KB · Views: 27
  • GANON HEALTH SCREEN.jpg
    GANON HEALTH SCREEN.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Triforce Glow.png
    Triforce Glow.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 29

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm now trying to make my own custom health screen animation, similar to the one that was made for the Shadow the Hedgehog theme. Here are the pictures they use, and here are the ones I'm using to make my own animation. When I try it, the flashing image doesn't line up with the image the way I want it to, it should be flashing over the top portion of the screen, but instead it flashes over the whole screen. I even tried changing the dimensions for the image in the mym.ini file, but I still get the same result. If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.
I designed the health screen in the base pack to use 2 full screen images so people could place the flash anywhere on the screen.
Instead of cropping the glow image down use the full image but make the edits that you want to glow like you did but without the crop

everything will line up correctly

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@diddy81 and everyone
Do you accept / take requests?

I'd like to see a Yoshi-themed green Wii System Menu theme for v4.3U (NTSC-U), since i like the color green and also I love Yoshis, specially the green one.
I have not made themes for a very long time.
You could always make your own I made it quite simple to make themes by using the Theme Brlyt Editor
the editor comes with my theme base all you need to do is replace the images in the base pack then use the editor to change the colors in the theme
No need to learn how to edit brlyt files

Reactions: SaulFabre

TristanDou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo anyone got a link to the super sonic one it wont work
Post automatically merged:

anyone got a link to the super sonic one it dont work on the thememii thing

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yo anyone got a link to the super sonic one it wont work
Post automatically merged:

anyone got a link to the super sonic one it dont work on the thememii thing
I have updated the links to now be region specific
Please redownload the mym for your firmware and region

BHRundas10410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I just wanted to thank diddy81for all his help, I really appreciate it. Now, I managed to get the health screen problem solved, and now I have something else I'm trying to do. When I use the brlyt editor to change the color for the border around the empty channel slots, I don't see any border around the GIF image I made. I do see the border flash for a quick second when I go left or right on the system menu, and it does change the color, it's just I don't see it when I'm on one page. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is causing this problem. Thanks in advance!

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First off, I just wanted to thank diddy81for all his help, I really appreciate it. Now, I managed to get the health screen problem solved, and now I have something else I'm trying to do. When I use the brlyt editor to change the color for the border around the empty channel slots, I don't see any border around the GIF image I made. I do see the border flash for a quick second when I go left or right on the system menu, and it does change the color, it's just I don't see it when I'm on one page. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is causing this problem. Thanks in advance!
this is a problem with the brlyt editor it was reported and fixed just recently HERE
replace the my_IplTop_a.brlyt file with a fresh copy in the brlyt folder
download the updated theme brlyt editor (v1.1) and use that

BHRundas10410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a problem with the brlyt editor it was reported and fixed just recently HERE
replace the my_IplTop_a.brlyt file with a fresh copy in the brlyt folder
download the updated theme brlyt editor (v1.1) and use that
Hi. So I have a new problem now. When I edit the image used for the button that takes you to the Wii Message Board, there's this weird grey box in the middle of it where the number should be. I looked through the brlyt editor but nothing I changed fixed the problem. Do you know why?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. So I have a new problem now. When I edit the image used for the button that takes you to the Wii Message Board, there's this weird grey box in the middle of it where the number should be. I looked through the brlyt editor but nothing I changed fixed the problem. Do you know why?
I'm not sure what the problem is here
the first thing i would try is using fresh versions of my_IplTop_e.brlyt and my_IplTop_e.brlan from the base pack in your theme

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there! You still making Wii themes per chance? Can't believe you're still supporting this thread after all these years of reliable resources. This thread really taught me the ropes on creating Wii themes, thanks for everything.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there! You still making Wii themes per chance? Can't believe you're still supporting this thread after all these years of reliable resources. This thread really taught me the ropes on creating Wii themes, thanks for everything.
No i have not made any themes for a really long time now but I keep the threads set to send me notifications so I can help others who are struggling or want help creating something abit more custom than what the standard base pack can do

Reactions: SylverReZ

ordartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have been trying to search for "Eyes In The Night" theme, but seems like to be lost. Any chance to get a download link? Please!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol