TheFl0w releases Henkaku Enso 3.65 support for 3.60 users

IMG_7099.JPG

Vita owners might be excited to know that thanks to the efforts of TheFl0w, that something big is on the way, soon. If you're on FW 3.60, now you'll be able to play games from higher firmwares, such as 3.65. Adrenaline and Henkaku Enso have already been updated to support 3.65 as well. You'll need to update using TheFl0w's method, as there's no native support for Vitas currently on 3.65 yet, though a release for that is in the works for later down the line. He has extensively tested this current method and will be releasing it today, at UTC+1 23:00.

:arrow: Source

:arrow: You can see a list of games that require FW 3.61+ here.

:arrow: Release

Pros
  • You will be able to access the PSN store, activate your device and download your purchased games again (only as long as Sony doesn't decide to release a new update that prevents you from doing that).
  • You will be able to play all games that were released for firmwares 3.61-3.65.
Cons
  • You will not be able to downgrade back to 3.60 if you find that this custom firmware doesn't suit you.
  • You can lose the ability to run homebrews, if you modify the OS and end up in a semi-brick where you are forced to reinstall the firmware. This should however not happen to a regular user, but I'd rather not install applications that modify read-only partitions like os0: or vs0:.
  • Some applications may not work on the new firmware and need to be ported.

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
NoNpDRM is essentially a plugin that creates "fake" licenses for official games. What this basically means is, instead of having to use semi-broken tools like Maidump or Vitamin to decrypt and backup Vita games, we can play normal, encrypted Vita backups as if they were our own game. This is beneficial because Vitamin and Maidump games are kind of broken, in the sense that they caused various issues like saves getting deleted if your Vita was put to sleep. This also rendered games that were undumpable on 3.60 (and didn't require 3.61+), like Axiom Verge, to be fully playable. If you use Vita backups, 99% of the time you're going to want to grab NoNPDRM dumps as they're one of the cleanest (besides psvgamesd, which produces 1:1 dumps).

ReNpDRM and ReStore are both plugins that essentially gave us back access to PSN and the PS Store on 3.60. These plugins are, unfortunately, very temperamental in whether they want to work or not, and as of now are no longer required as 3.65 still has access to PSN and the PS Store natively.

DownloadEnabler is a plugin that allows you download whatever files you like from the stock browser, so you're no longer limited to certain file types.

With PSVimgtools, use QCMA. CMA usually forces you to update to the latest firmware, QCMA you don't have to.

You also don't have to use mltactivator any more, since we have access to PSN with 3.65 you can activate using the native activator. Though it should be noted that activation is no longer required for any homebrew, so there's no real benefit beyond PSN-related stuff.

Using a new account may cause some backups to be unusable, but in this case you can use something like Account Switcher which lets you switch between various accounts on one memory card to restore the backups if need be.

thank you so much :)
i think i will use sd2vita and nonpdrm and downloadenabler, i know sd2vita and nonpdrm patched for 3.65 but i dont know about downloadenabler, is it working on 3.65 henkaku ?
i was thinking PSVimgtools is for taking backups but you said about using PSVimgtools with qcma so can you give me info about PSVimgtools ?
my games are probably vitamin 1.0 dumps and im planning to use bigger capacity micro sd with vita now so i am planning to download them again as nonpdrm versions. i am not planning to back up my current saves but can you tell me a program for using it on my future saves.
i am using switch_sd2vita program for changing my memory card with my sd2vita, it is very simple but im not sure it will work on 3.65 so is there any other programs ?
if i download games with pkgj, will games be nonpdrm ?
is there a way to use a cheat plugin on adrenaline for psp games ? and is there a cheat plugin for ps vita games ? :D
sorry again for my all noob questions and thank you so much, right now i have almost my all answers for updating my vita...

Emankcin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System restore failed... Rephrase.... System restored successfully, but problem persists. I still have no button functionality in apps or games. At this point, I give up. I have to buy a new Vita.

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
System restore failed... Rephrase.... System restored successfully, but problem persists. I still have no button functionality in apps or games. At this point, I give up. I have to buy a new Vita.

hey, I'm not an expert for this but I made a research and found this topic,
community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS-Vita-Support/ps-vita-buttons-not-working/td-p/17605424#thread-replies

Scroll down and look mikmoe message please. Can you think you can take apart your vita, I looked a few more sites and people said try to run vita when you removed the L and R buttons, so if you think you can take it apart without making damage, you can try this too.
I hope you will find a way to fix your vita soon...

Emankcin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I'm not an expert for this but I made a research and found this topic,
community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS-Vita-Support/ps-vita-buttons-not-working/td-p/17605424#thread-replies

Scroll down and look mikmoe message please. Can you think you can take apart your vita, I looked a few more sites and people said try to run vita when you removed the L and R buttons, so if you think you can take it apart without making damage, you can try this too.
I hope you will find a way to fix your vita soon...

I appreciate it, but that too has failed. I took the whole thing apart yesterday to check the face buttons. I visually inspected the shoulder buttons as well, and they looked fine. I found a similar post earlier today, and took the thing apart again two hours ago. I disconnected the L and R shoulder buttons completely, and turned it on. Even with the shoulder buttons disconnected, it still did not fix the issue. The buttons are completely inoperational when games or apps are running. I will wait for a new Henkaku version to release, and maybe that might fix things, but it looks like I might have to buy a new Vita.

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to backup saves at the moment on 3.65 Enso? Savemgr seems to corrupt my game when I try it

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

darkfires

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had moved VitaShell to my Internal memory, then after installing 3.65 update VitaShell still worked without having to restore it via CMA. Might be easier for some people to do that instead of the CMA backup process.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
greetings, anyone got vsh menu working on enso 3.65?
if yes please let me know how you got it working!

id like to have it, my fav plugin shellbat seems to work fine (shows battery percentage ,rly handy).
another cool plugin also working for me is noavls (on eu vitas you can bypass this with this neato plugin C: )

now the only other thing id like to get working is the vsh menu stuff (for oclocking when a game is slow).
im talking about this one https://github.com/joel16/PSV-VSH-Menu

edit: what i did was i placed kuio and vsh into the tai folder of ur0/tai and edited the config , put the line for kuio under Kernel and for vsh i put line under Main.
in the github it states to place the line for vsh under "ALL" but i do not have that "ALL" description in my config txt.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
edit: what i did was i placed kuio and vsh into the tai folder of ur0/tai and edited the config , put the line for kuio under Kernel and for vsh i put line under Main.
in the github it states to place the line for vsh under "ALL" but i do not have that "ALL" description in my config txt.

It's update to 3.65 Enso, you need to create, after *main in the next line put *ALL and in the next line, put the rute of vsh.suprx

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
It's update to 3.65 Enso, you need to create, after *main in the next line put *ALL and in the next line, put the rute of vsh.suprx
tried it but L+R+Start wont pop up the vsh menu (it supposed to work within games only right?)

in config txt i have under the lines of main when it finishes, i added *ALL on the very bottom and under it added the line to ur0 tai vsh.suprx but no dice

edit: it works beautifully now while in game, thank you!

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Emankcin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: My original Vita never did get to working properly. I have purchased a new pre-owned Vita, and currently have Henkaku 3.65 installed. Once I remove the card from the old Vita, I am thinking about updating the official firmware. Since all other things I tried, including unhooking the shoulder buttons, have failed, updating the firmware should tell me definitively whether the problem was a glitch I had inadvertently caused, or if it truly was related to the hardware, and I was unable to figure out where the problem was. My thought was, if it works in official, I could at least sell my old unit. Or should I just leave it alone, and store it for parts?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had moved VitaShell to my Internal memory, then after installing 3.65 update VitaShell still worked without having to restore it via CMA. Might be easier for some people to do that instead of the CMA backup process.
I don't recommend this only because VitaShell can't autoupdate if it's store on system memory. I moved MolecularShell to system memory though. That rarely gets updated and you can use it to reinstall VitaShell. I find it's a good middle ground.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't recommend this only because VitaShell can't autoupdate if it's store on system memory. I moved MolecularShell to system memory though. That rarely gets updated and you can use it to reinstall VitaShell. I find it's a good middle ground.
You could also just replace the VitaShell eboot manually to update it.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just download the source code, set up the toolchain, compile the source, upload the bin to a filesharing site, use a download extender to get it on your Vita, and copy it over to the app folder.:lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu