Hardware The Switch is a much better home console than the WiiU was!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 10,426
  • Replies 122
  • Likes 13

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OS itself is such a breath of fresh air from Nintendos typical sluggish and slow interfaces. It's FAST, seamless, functional and beautifully designed.. No more painlessly waiting for the homescreen to load, no more painlessly waiting for a app to load.. The fact you can keep a game open and still access the home screen and do other things.. No awkward pairing of devices. The OS is the real hero here.. It makes everything else just come together beautifully.

Last edited by styckx,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well of course not, but now XB1/PS4 feel unnecessarily large by comparison to Switch, so it's almost a requirement that MS/Sony make more powerful revisions. The thing is, Pro/Scorpio have terrible design. They'd be best for 1440p output, but they don't output 1440p simply because they only take televisions into consideration. So we end up with pseudo-4K @ 30 FPS for like double the price of Switch. XB1 and PS4 will be around just as long as Pro/Scorpio are, and a lot of people won't bother upgrading.

People who want a $600+ powerhouse of a gaming console actually just want a gaming PC. They just haven't realized it yet.
I'm not arguing about any of that. Yeah, if you want power, go with a PC. People in general, not specifically gamers, just want to play the newest games, though.

I, personally, don't care that much about resolution. I wish Sony had just gone for consistent 60 fps.

XB1/PS4 are more than 3 years older. Of course they're gonna be larger. Not sure what the argument is here.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm not arguing about any of that. Yeah, if you want power, go with a PC. People in general, not specifically gamers, just want to play the newest games, though.

I, personally, don't care that much about resolution. I wish Sony had just gone for consistent 60 fps.

XB1/PS4 are more than 3 years older. Of course they're gonna be larger. Not sure what the argument is here.

Them being from 2014 doesn't excuse the size... Even the slim variants have some wasted space.

Reactions: Xzi and osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being able to move saves between consoles would have been lovely. If I have the same account on multiple consoles, it would be nice to be able to just pick up where I stopped from the previous game (especially with cartridges). Course, that'd require cloud savings. Nintendo seems to be super conservative with online.

Boskr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being able to move saves between consoles would have been lovely. If I have the same account on multiple consoles, it would be nice to be able to just pick up where I stopped from the previous game (especially with cartridges). Course, that'd require cloud savings. Nintendo seems to be super conservative with online.
IIRC the 3DS save game backup function wasn't implemented all that long ago. It will most likely come to the switch as well so that their newest systems have some parity between them.

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Switch is the perfect sidekick for PC, but there's a reason XB1/PS4 aren't. If Switch was just another stationary console like PS4, I wouldn't have been interested in it, either.

Calling XB1 and PS4 "powerful" is kind of a joke, but the fact remains that Switch is almost as powerful as XB1 in a much smaller form factor. That's a bigger accomplishment than anything MS/Sony have done recently. Inb4 they both make hybrid consoles of their own, just like they copied Wii with their own motion controls.

Consoles will never be powerful than PC but XONE and PS4 are powerful on it owns market.

Its like to Microsoft makes an (original) XBOX , Sony makes a PS2 and Nintendo makes a portable N64 with more ram

Developer will not make multiplatform games for that "N64".

Parents will not buy two or more consoles, just for play multiplatform games.

If you bought a "Nintendo" console, you should able to buy any multiplatform games of this generation and nintendo exclusives

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you bought a "Nintendo" console, you should able to buy any multiplatform games of this generation and nintendo exclusives
Gratz bro you just figured out what Switch is. The DOOM4 port for this would take like a year. You don't get full third-party support until more native games are out and everybody can see what it can really do. Also depends on sales. FAST RMX already does 1080p60, even in 4-playeer splitscreen. UE4 and Unity high compatibility. ~85% of XB1's power. In a portable form factor for $300. This kills what the competition is doing right now.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
>Home console
>Is a hybrid console
Oh boy...
I mean yeah, they should've called it straight, proudly declared "HYBRID CONSOLE!" But then derps wouldn't be able to get it through their heads that these are full console/PC games and first-party Nintendo games on one system, NOT shitware mobile games with a bunch of MTX crap. Worst that can happen is you buy 1-2 Switch instead of a couple of the better eShop titles.

Reactions: Deleted User

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Gratz bro you just figured out what Switch is. The DOOM4 port for this would take like a year. You don't get full third-party support until more native games are out and everybody can see what it can really do. Also depends on sales. FAST RMX already does 1080p60, even in 4-playeer splitscreen. UE4 and Unity high compatibility. ~85% of XB1's power. In a portable form factor for $300. This kills what the competition is doing right now.

Third parties were with Nintendo WiiU at launch day but then.... nothing.

HYPE is not good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth: +1