Hardware The Switch is a much better home console than the WiiU was!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 10,376
  • Replies 122
  • Likes 13

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see the great potential in my Switch, and if everything goes right, it will indeed be a much better home console than the Wii U. But right now, all it really has is Zelda Breath of the Wild. A system is only truly as great as its library of games.

BOTW blows all of the WiiU titles out of the water. By itself.
Combined with the fact the Wii U is a giant piece of shit.
Switch has already won the war.

if you think the switch is a home console, you're delusional.
nintendo's last home console was the wii u

If you think the Switch is only a handheld, you're delusional. It's a lot better on a screen for as simple a fact as the controls feeling way better with the joycons in the controller holder or a pro controller.
But with that said it does both amazingly, and the transition is great.

D

Deleted User

OP
Only complaint is you cant make game icons smaller to fit more into the screen.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
BOTW blows all of the WiiU titles out of the water. By itself.
Combined with the fact the Wii U is a giant piece of shit.
Switch has already won the war.

If you think the Switch is only a handheld, you're delusional. It's a lot better on a screen for as simple a fact as the controls feeling way better with the joycons in the controller holder or a pro controller.
But with that said it does both amazingly, and the transition is great.

i don't even consider it a handheld, it's a tablet with video output capabilities at best.
don't forget that the wii u also has BOTW and a shitton of great games.
and how can you say that it has won the war if it has only been out for 2 days
i can't see the switch replicating the wii success and i doubt it will even surpass wii u hardware sales

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i can't see the switch replicating the wii success and i doubt it will even surpass wii u hardware sales
I can't see how it possibly couldn't. Even discounting the fact that Switch marketing has been far better than Wii U marketing, Wii U's hook wasn't that appealing to a lot of people. The concept of Switch is intriguing, simple to understand, and it works.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't see how it possibly couldn't. Even discounting the fact that Switch marketing has been far better than Wii U marketing, Wii U's hook wasn't that appealing to a lot of people. The concept of Switch is intriguing, simple to understand, and it works.

let's just hope that it's as appealing to casuals as it is to core gamers.
but as a wii u owner i don't feel the need to own one at all

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
let's just hope that it's as appealing to casuals as it is to core gamers.
but as a wii u owner i don't feel the need to own one at all
It's going to have plenty of ports and follow-ups to Wii U games, so eventually it'll appeal to that crowd. A number of people have been willing to trade in their Wii Us to help pay for Switch already.

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Switch is a disappointment. I can't understand how they didn't design their new console so that it plays the launch games (BOTW) without framerate issues. Super Mario Odyssey also looks lame and everything else worth playing that's announced so far is also available on Wii U.

I hope Nintendo will release a powerful (desktop-pc class) home console next with BOTW 4K or something like that. That I will buy.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
And moreso, release physical home console games on game cards. Like, many thought this would never happen because it's too expensive but Nintendo made it happen and I sure am glad, game cards have better speeds than Blu-ray Discs do (which is what PS4/XO/WiiU use).
They also use hard drives :-)

Cartridges are still more expensive, last I looked.
* Vita physical games are typically expensive.
* 3DS physical games are typically expensive.
* Switch physical games will probably remain expensive.

How much of that is manufacturing cost & how much is good ol' price-gouging pricing policies? Who knows. But you can bet someone is paying for those cartridges. And you can bet they can't be discounted as much as discs. And you can probably bet that some games will have cut-down content 'cause it's cheaper to offer less...

Last edited by foob,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think Switch is a disappointment. I can't understand how they didn't design their new console so that it plays the launch games (BOTW) without framerate issues. Super Mario Odyssey also looks lame and everything else worth playing that's announced so far is also available on Wii U.

I hope Nintendo will release a powerful (desktop-pc class) home console next with BOTW 4K or something like that. That I will buy.
Lol not even PS4 Pro or Scorpio do 4K. That's upscaled garbage. You buy a PC for that kind of high-end power and nothing else. I shouldn't have to even point out to you how impossible it would be to fit that kind of power into Switch's form factor, or that it would kill the battery in 30 minutes tops.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to have plenty of ports and follow-ups to Wii U games, so eventually it'll appeal to that crowd. A number of people have been willing to trade in their Wii Us to help pay for Switch already.
I certainly have unloaded most of my Wii U physical discs, not giving up the hardware at all.

Console mode is my preference but my kids seem to prefer curling up with it in handheld. As of right now sticking to my plan of getting a second one in the next few months.

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't be so quick to throw the weeU under the bus ppl!!!! The wiiU was a raelly good console especially for entertianment and watching anime and movies, it had many great games too and awesome third party games like bayonetta 2, wonderful and xenoblade chronicles X. The Wiiu was also backwards compatabile with wii, it has friggin MIIVERSE PPL and the gamepad was also a very comfortable thing to hold and the pro controller is good. The only real bad thing was the lack of support, that was it. It was a good home console so stop trying to launch it under the bus so fast seriously!!!! you are making me mad right now

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't be so quick to throw the weeU under the bus ppl!!!! The wiiU was a raelly good console especially for entertianment and watching anime and movies, it had many great games too and awesome third party games like bayonetta 2, wonderful and xenoblade chronicles X. The Wiiu was also backwards compatabile with wii, it has friggin MIIVERSE PPL and the gamepad was also a very comfortable thing to hold and the pro controller is good. The only real bad thing was the lack of support, that was it. It was a good home console so stop trying to launch it under the bus so fast seriously!!!! you are making me mad right now

He didn't throw the Wii U under the bus. Nintendo threw the Wii U under the bus.

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol not even PS4 Pro or Scorpio do 4K. That's upscaled garbage. You buy a PC for that kind of high-end power and nothing else. I shouldn't have to even point out to you how impossible it would be to fit that kind of power into Switch's form factor, or that it would kill the battery in 30 minutes tops.

I could do without portability if the console had power. It's just sad that a brand new console struggles to run a game that was designed for the previous generation.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I could do without portability if the console had power. It's just sad that a brand new console struggles to run a game that was designed for the previous generation.
It's precisely because BotW is a Wii U port that it struggles to run at anything other than 720p. If it was developed for Switch first it would be 1080p60. Fast RMX runs 1080p60. Even in 4-player splitscreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome