1. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    BOTW blows all of the WiiU titles out of the water. By itself.
    Combined with the fact the Wii U is a giant piece of shit.
    Switch has already won the war.

If you think the Switch is only a handheld, you're delusional. It's a lot better on a screen for as simple a fact as the controls feeling way better with the joycons in the controller holder or a pro controller.
    But with that said it does both amazingly, and the transition is great.

TotalInsanity4 and Bladexdsl like this.
  2. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Okay, but Switch is more powerful than Wii U even in portable mode. So where does that leave us? With a portable home console.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  3. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Antarctica
    Only complaint is you cant make game icons smaller to fit more into the screen.

4. aljpn91

aljpn91 Banned
    Banned

i don't even consider it a handheld, it's a tablet with video output capabilities at best.
    don't forget that the wii u also has BOTW and a shitton of great games.
    and how can you say that it has won the war if it has only been out for 2 days
    i can't see the switch replicating the wii success and i doubt it will even surpass wii u hardware sales

5. Xzi

United States
    I can't see how it possibly couldn't. Even discounting the fact that Switch marketing has been far better than Wii U marketing, Wii U's hook wasn't that appealing to a lot of people. The concept of Switch is intriguing, simple to understand, and it works.

6. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
  7. aljpn91

aljpn91 Banned
    Banned

let's just hope that it's as appealing to casuals as it is to core gamers.
    but as a wii u owner i don't feel the need to own one at all

8. Xzi

United States
    It's going to have plenty of ports and follow-ups to Wii U games, so eventually it'll appeal to that crowd. A number of people have been willing to trade in their Wii Us to help pay for Switch already.

9. beard00

beard00 Member
    Newcomer

I think Switch is a disappointment. I can't understand how they didn't design their new console so that it plays the launch games (BOTW) without framerate issues. Super Mario Odyssey also looks lame and everything else worth playing that's announced so far is also available on Wii U.

I hope Nintendo will release a powerful (desktop-pc class) home console next with BOTW 4K or something like that. That I will buy.

10. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    nintendo could had easily made a better UI for wii u, but i think they have a stick with it mentality. the os for switch is a world of difference

thorasgar and Xzi like this.
  11. foob

foob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

They also use hard drives :-)

Cartridges are still more expensive, last I looked.
    * Vita physical games are typically expensive.
    * 3DS physical games are typically expensive.
    * Switch physical games will probably remain expensive.

How much of that is manufacturing cost & how much is good ol' price-gouging pricing policies? Who knows. But you can bet someone is paying for those cartridges. And you can bet they can't be discounted as much as discs. And you can probably bet that some games will have cut-down content 'cause it's cheaper to offer less...

Last edited by foob, Mar 4, 2017
  12. Xzi

United States
    Lol not even PS4 Pro or Scorpio do 4K. That's upscaled garbage. You buy a PC for that kind of high-end power and nothing else. I shouldn't have to even point out to you how impossible it would be to fit that kind of power into Switch's form factor, or that it would kill the battery in 30 minutes tops.

DrkBeam and Subtle Demise like this.
  13. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

United States
    I certainly have unloaded most of my Wii U physical discs, not giving up the hardware at all.

Console mode is my preference but my kids seem to prefer curling up with it in handheld. As of right now sticking to my plan of getting a second one in the next few months.

14. Online

Online GBAtemp Regular

Don't be so quick to throw the weeU under the bus ppl!!!! The wiiU was a raelly good console especially for entertianment and watching anime and movies, it had many great games too and awesome third party games like bayonetta 2, wonderful and xenoblade chronicles X. The Wiiu was also backwards compatabile with wii, it has friggin MIIVERSE PPL and the gamepad was also a very comfortable thing to hold and the pro controller is good. The only real bad thing was the lack of support, that was it. It was a good home console so stop trying to launch it under the bus so fast seriously!!!! you are making me mad right now

15. emigre

emigre Recovering weeaboo

United Kingdom
    He didn't throw the Wii U under the bus. Nintendo threw the Wii U under the bus.

16. Xzi

United States
    Well, Wii U's sales threw Wii U under the bus. Even if people knew and understood what it was, dual-screen gaming is hardly a must-buy feature.

17. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My bad, let me rephrase it. PS4 doesn't allow you to transfer saves in a way that matters.

18. beard00

beard00 Member
    Newcomer

I could do without portability if the console had power. It's just sad that a brand new console struggles to run a game that was designed for the previous generation.

19. Saiyan Lusitano

OP Saiyan Lusitano Newbie

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.

20. Xzi

United States
    It's precisely because BotW is a Wii U port that it struggles to run at anything other than 720p. If it was developed for Switch first it would be 1080p60. Fast RMX runs 1080p60. Even in 4-player splitscreen.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - console, Switch, better