Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You appear to have extracted the GBA emulator in /_dstwo/plug/ (that is, the plug folder inside _dstwo inside the root).

Move the three errant files -- gba.ini, gba.bmp and gba.plg -- to a (possibly new) folder in the root called _dstwoplug.

Reactions: Terminator02

jwmghf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I ran through the tut and everything seems gr8 on the 3ds with all the latest files. I know in the past we were told to never update the 3ds firmware. I am on 2.2.0-4U. Should I just leave it there?

Thanks and thanks for the tut!!!

Leaman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a couple quick questions. I have an old DSi which is on 1.3U, and I am planning to update it to the latest (1.4.5). Is this a good idea? I will also buy a DSTwo cart. The DSTwo supports the latest 1.4.5 firmware right? Should I wait to get the cart then upgrade?

Thanks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a couple quick questions. I have an old DSi which is on 1.3U, and I am planning to update it to the latest (1.4.5). Is this a good idea? I will also buy a DSTwo cart. The DSTwo supports the latest 1.4.5 firmware right? Should I wait to get the cart then upgrade?

Thanks.
As long as the shop isn't selling you months-old stock, it should come with firmware 1.19 and work just fine on DSi 1.4.5.

Reactions: Leaman

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks.
My DSi is using 1.4.5, and it works fine. Whether you upgrade before or after getting the cart is irrelevant. The Supercard's firmware will need to be 1.19, though.

Reactions: Leaman

Leaman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick replies, both of you! This is the one I plan to buy
There is no mention of a firmware of version 1.19. Is this the correct one? I just want to be sure.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick replies, both of you! This is the one I plan to buy
There is no mention of a firmware of version 1.19. Is this the correct one? I just want to be sure.
Indeed the page doesn't mention a firmware on the Supercard itself, you need it to be the most recent for more compatibility. You can download it later on the Supercard official site. Then you need to follow the steps in the opening post of this thread for formatting the microSD and installing EOS as well.

genesian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi guys i have received my sd card when i cklick on the link of the EOS it says there is a newer version (EOS 1.11 (2012-12-12) to (EOS 1.11 (2012-12-24)

wil there be a compatibility problem if i choose the new version? or it's better i choose the one you gave in link?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i have received my sd card when i cklick on the link of the EOS it says there is a newer version (EOS 1.11 (2012-12-12) to (EOS 1.11 (2012-12-24)

wil there be a compatibility problem if i choose the new version? or it's better i choose the one you gave in link?
They're the same, the newer release just has an extra nested folder for no reason.

Edit: Added mention of TempGBA to the emulator section, updated the 3DS firmware compatibility information to 5.1.0-11.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I was thinking of picking up a 3DS XL or DSi XL and getting the DSTWO card to go with it. However, I am probably going to be using the flash cart for the most part and not play any 3DS games, so would it just be better to get a DSi XL instead? Does the flash cart work better on it than the 3DS?

Also, how good is the SNES emulator? I know it's not perfect and has bugs but... for the most part, is it really laggy or is it playable without annoying the crap out of you? I've tried the emulator on my phone and tablet and it's probably better, but I do like having a physical controller. And if I'm buying a used DSi XL, I should have no problem updating it's firmware and being able to use the DSTWO after I get all the most recent files right? Thanks all!

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I was thinking of picking up a 3DS XL or DSi XL and getting the DSTWO card to go with it. However, I am probably going to be using the flash cart for the most part and not play any 3DS games, so would it just be better to get a DSi XL instead? Does the flash cart work better on it than the 3DS?
There has been a bad batch of DSTwos that don't work that well in 3DSes; if you shop around, you could ask the card to be tested in a 3DS, but if you will just use the flashcart, a DSi XL would probably be better.

Also, how good is the SNES emulator? I know it's not perfect and has bugs but... for the most part, is it really laggy or is it playable without annoying the crap out of you? I've tried the emulator on my phone and tablet and it's probably better, but I do like having a physical controller. And if I'm buying a used DSi XL, I should have no problem updating it's firmware and being able to use the DSTWO after I get all the most recent files right? Thanks all!
I am somewhat biased, but CATSFC is very playable except for Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star, Mario RPG, Star Fox (3D) and a few others. Most other games basically run realtime at 20 frames per second.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I did want to play Super Mario RPG but I guess I'll live if everything else works well. Hopefully they will make it better in future updates. One last thing before I make the plunge and buy the DSTwo... if I didn't care about emulation, would the Acekard 2i be a better buy? The other factor is just software and AP updates right? I should get the DSTwo just to be safe? And what site can I purchase this for the best price and also ships from the US (so I don't have to wait several weeks for it)? Thanks for your help!

Bridgeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just wanted to warn people here about the use of NesDS on a DSi XL. I only used it for maybe 30 minutes or so, but after using it, whenever if I boot up a DS game, I have horizontal lines running across my top screen. Not very visible, but visible enough to notice and be an annoyance. It doesn't go away after resetting the system or turning it on and off, and I think my hardware may permanently be fucked.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to warn people here about the use of NesDS on a DSi XL. I only used it for maybe 30 minutes or so, but after using it, whenever if I boot up a DS game, I have horizontal lines running across my top screen. Not very visible, but visible enough to notice and be an annoyance. It doesn't go away after resetting the system or turning it on and off, and I think my hardware may permanently be fucked.
Attach a picture or you shall not be believed.

Bridgeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Attach a picture or you shall not be believed.

After some more testing I think it may have been a glitch. I can still see them sometimes, but usually not during gameplay and on some games I can't see them at all. Sorry, I tend to get overly paranoid about this.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N00b question. Since I don't have one yet (or a DS for that matter!) I can't test myself. I've looked around but haven't seen this question answered. Does this support loading archived games? Or do they need to be in their raw format? Not just for DS games either, I'm also interested to know if any emulators support archives. I'm assuming there isn't any support since I haven't seen anything. Space is always a concern of mine. Microsd cards have gone up considerably since the last time I bought any. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol