Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

GianFrangiamore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That layout is wrong. You need to take what's inside the three folders and move it all to the root. Such that the root shows _dstwo, dstwoupdate.dat, etc.
One last thing; I put the DS games onto the card and they work, however the GBA games don't show up in the folder, even though they are there?

GianFrangiamore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's right: DS_GAME won't show GBA games. To play those, you'll need the GBA emulator, called NDSGBA. (For SNES games, see CATSFC.)
Ok thanks!
Now i have come across a problem. I played a game, exited, turned the 3DS off. I turned it back on about 5 minutes later, loaded the DStwo, and nothing came up on the screen, it was just blank. So i took out the SD card and put it into my computer and this message comes up. What do i do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-26 at 17.49.15.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-26 at 17.49.15.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 224

GianFrangiamore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it doesn't look like you'll be able to recover it so normally I'd suggest using the Panasonic SD Formatter tool to rewrite the filesystem, but I don't think there's an OSX version.
Ok i have done so, and it works. About the GBA games, i downloaded the emulator, do i just stick it on the root of the SD card?

GianFrangiamore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever i try to use 'real time save' on the DStwo it won't let me, the option is always blanked out, does anyone know why? I've tried this on a couple of DS games now and the same thing has happened.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i try to use 'real time save' on the DStwo it won't let me, the option is always blanked out, does anyone know why? I've tried this on a couple of DS games now and the same thing has happened.
You're using the wrong shortcut. L+R+Start is the full one. L+R+Select is the "half" menu that only pops up a few options for compatibility reasons (that never really became a problem, they were just thinking ahead).

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking I'm going to add a screenshot of what the root of the MicroSD card should look like sometime soon.
While you're at it,

* cheats.gbatemp.net isn't working and you have your GBA cheats pack directed there;
* the cheat format for CATSFC changed in 1.09 to be equivalent to the MightyMo cheat pack without conversion, so maybe direct users to mightymo.net and the CATSFC readme to know how to deal with the pack. Rydian's converted cheat pack also isn't needed anymore for CATSFC;
* perhaps it would be best not to even mention NDSSFC anymore, which pales in comparison to the latest CATSFC, or introduce it as the "official plugin that has since been made more playable".

Reactions: Rydian

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While you're at it,

* cheats.gbatemp.net isn't working and you have your GBA cheats pack directed there;
* the cheat format for CATSFC changed in 1.09 to be equivalent to the MightyMo cheat pack without conversion, so maybe direct users to mightymo.net and the CATSFC readme to know how to deal with the pack. Rydian's converted cheat pack also isn't needed anymore for CATSFC;
* perhaps it would be best not to even mention NDSSFC anymore, which pales in comparison to the latest CATSFC, or introduce it as the "official plugin that has since been made more playable".
I'm aware that cheats.gbatemp.net is down, that's what is says in the parenthesis after the description. Unless anyone knows of a good alternate that's just one pack, I don't know what to link to.

Changed the cheats pack to link to mightymo.net and introduced CATSFC along with NDSSFC.

bfkanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'm using a 3DS, latest version. I tried the rename update file, wait 3 minutes and then delete file thing but it didn't work - I still got the error message when I turned on my 3DS. I then reformatted my microSD using the Mac version of the SD formatter, put in all the required folders in again along with the update file and ran it through a Dsi Lite, where it updated. I then put it into my 3DS only to get the same error message. Every once in a while it will work but if I return to home and try to load the flash again I get the same error message, and when I turn my DS off/on and reload the flash after that I also get the same error message. Any reason for why this might be? It seems to be working for everyone else on the thread. As far as I know my flash hasn't been bricked as it still works in the DSi Lite.

I attached an image of my microSD folders after updating it on the DSiLite.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-01 at 12.36.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-01 at 12.36.50 AM.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 215

Kazekai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I seem to have run into a problem with your install instructions for the GBA emulator? I looked through the last couple pages of the thread but they didn't solve it. I put the NDSGBA folder in the root of my card and the files in the plug folder in the DSTWO's plug folder, but no icon shows up in my menu screen. There were three files in the plug folder, and I tried putting both the NDSGBA folder in the root and all of its files without the directory. Neither worked. Am I doing something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A chair fit for royalty