Status
Not open for further replies.

'The Super Mario Bros. Movie' breaks U.S. box office records during its opening weekend

mario movie.JPG

The Super Mario Bros. Movie premiered a few days ago on April 5 and it has broken U.S. box office records over its opening weekend, even if it has received mixed reviews among critics. The animated movie based on the iconic Nintendo franchise has grossed $204.6 million in its first five days of screening across the U.S. and $173 million in international earnings. These numbers broke records for video game adaptations, and make the Mario movie the biggest opening of 2023 and the second biggest three-day domestic animated opening behind Finding Dory.

Have you seen he Super Mario Bros. Movie in theatres? If so, what did you think or it? And if not, will you be seeing it soon?

:arrow: SOURCE

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could care less if this trash started to sell toilet paper products, - matter a fact if they do I will show them a great picture of how I feel for that movie xD..- that was not mario, this was modernization mario and I despise when these woke people decide to touch something great and screw it up - I really do not get why Luigi didn't ask for Japan's talented artist that can create good movies - to make a mario movie, I have 0 clue what the heck went on that man's mind but it was a very poor choice he did.

Freaking peach teaching mario how to be mario, get the hell out of here with that garbage, mario saved your peach butt bimbo self from bowser millions of times - she can't even last a day without getting kidnapped by a villian...lol I'm sorry I love peach but I just cannot - this was a tragedy, but yeah I meant what I meant on the peach teaching mario bit - just stop.
I don't want another rey-sue (I had to duckduckgo her darn name bro x.x...I forgot it lmao)

This was one of the most woke posts I've read in a while. Stay woke!

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Shape

Trophies
Website
codenametiger.com
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, this movie is one of the movies of the century. There are a million movies out there to choose from, and this is certainly one of them. It was released in theaters, which is something. I'm sure when it reaches streaming services it will be a choice on the menu, 100%.

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Look likes Bowser (Jack Black) singing PEACHES to Princess Toadstool

Nice song, but will get awards or not? I don't know... 🤷‍♂️

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I watched it last night with my nephews and it was what a mario film should be !! Have to say it was what I expected and quite enjoyed it and the kids loved it !!

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
literally anyone who dislikes this movie is just a miserable person choosing to not like this, I haven't even seen it yet but so excited to take my kid to see it soon

its Mario on the big screen whats not to like?

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the fuck did finding dory set any records
That movie spits in the face of finding Nemo
Because it's disney, they can release ass and make trillions.

Have you seen he Super Mario Bros. Movie in theatres? If so, what did you think or it? And if not, will you be seeing it soon?
You forgot the T in "The"

Reactions: Aserl

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
literally anyone who dislikes this movie is just a miserable person choosing to not like this, I haven't even seen it yet but so excited to take my kid to see it soon

its Mario on the big screen whats not to like?
Some people are hellbent on finding the bad in things, even the things they’re so inclined to not partake in. Makes sense doesn’t it? :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: Cha0tic

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still don't feel compelled to watch this movie at all. I still haven't even seen a single trailer. I just don't care at all.

Hopefully all this trailer dodging will make me more "surprised" when watching a bdrip in a few months.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished watching it. It was probably one of the worst movies I've watched in recent years. No real character development, not really much substance at all, most of the film just felt like really obvious easter eggs to make people who played Mario a lot clap. Sonic and Sonic 2 blew that movie out of the water. I probably should've expected it to be super bland from the fact Illumination made it.
Saw it on opening day; overall thought it was fine. Fun in a lot of parts, but decided to speed run any semblance of real story or characters in favor of overwhelming you with Nintendo Easter eggs. It was fun, but I wanted more and genuinely prefer the 1993 live action film over this one.

Compared to how much I like the two Sonic movies, it seems that Sega still does what Nintendon't
Agreed. Sonic was so much better. They actually tried to tell a story and have conflict and character development, and easter eggs like Sanic were used much more sparingly. If I saw Mario alone I would've probably walked out before the end, it was just that bad. It felt like just another sterile kids movie from Illumination. My expectations were already very low hearing it was below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Last edited by Guacaholey,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright