DK Rap composer excluded from Super Mario Bros. Movie credits

donkey_kong_super_mario_movie.png

A few days ago, the Super Mario Bros. Movie Twitter account announced that the iconic DK Rap from Donkey Kong 64 would be in the new film, with a short video of Seth Rogen (the movie's voice for DK) watching the game's opening sequence and deeming it "objectively one of the worst rap songs of all time." DK Rap composer Grant Kirkhope was initially excited at its inclusion, but has turned around after it was pointed out by James Burt on Twitter that the song is only credited as being "from Donkey Kong 64."

"I was really looking forward to see my name in the credits for the DK Rap, but alas as expected it's not there ........ fml," tweeted Kirkhope, who also called the situation "depressing."

It appears Kirkhope may not have been the only the composer excluded, however. While Koji Kondo is credited, he also worked with the film's composers to rework some of his own music. Some in-theater screenshots taken from users on Twitter show that the song "Attack! Fury Bowser!" is only credited as "from Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury."

Despite some positive press leading up to its release, reviews for The Super Mario Bros. Movie have been lukewarm so far. Carrying a 54% and 49 from critics on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic (albeit with a 98% and 78 from user reviews on those same sites) at the time of writing, the consensus seems to be that it lacks substance but will please fans with its easter eggs.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie is in theatres now.

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also like...not spoil a cool surprise that the movie had to offer and put it on the front page?
It's April 5th, the movie came out today. Keep this to yourself.
agreed. Then again, you should also try to stay off the internet and especially social media/ forums before a movie if you don't want to see spoilers

I'm not blaming you man (I actually agree with your point) I'm just giving a little advice.

Reactions: Guacaholey

Light_Dies_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even notice that part of the credits, I was already out of the theater by that time LOL

I'll say that the movie was fine. It was definitely.... an Illumination film :unsure:

Reactions: Guacaholey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is...