Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
does @liomajor's solution have no-screen-init, and on a scale of 0-10 how safe is it to install on an o3ds?
@liomajor's solution 6.5/10 and gw 0.0001/10

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry for my silly question.
how much do GW 4.0A far from "bring you the best, safest, most complete and easy to use solution for N3DS, 3DS and 2DS." hm...
source : http://www.gateway-3ds.com/

hey tomorrow is the GW anniversary so we have hope.

Last edited by abdellbobo,
Reactions: AlucardjX

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After I use the modified SafeA9LHUpdater can I delete all the files in a9lh folder and put the modified a9lh.bin and the launcher.dat file in my luma folder so I can launch each one with a single button, or would that break everything?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Tbh, everyone should wait until GW release their final V4 fw (payloads) or whatever version they release before actually trying this properly. Don't mean to piss on everyone's parade and it's a good accomplishment and hats off to liomajor, yet waiting a bit longer does not do any harm.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Tbh, everyone should wait until GW release their final V4 fw (payloads) or whatever version they release before actually trying this properly. Don't mean to piss on everyone's parade and it's a good accomplishment and hats off to liomajor, yet waiting a bit longer does not do any harm.
but you won't be able to dual boot gateway and cfw using gateways release
I'm getting a gateway soon for the cheats but I want to be able to use normal cfw aswell

zes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does @liomajor's solution have no-screen-init, and on a scale of 0-10 how safe is it to install on an o3ds?

Has screen init.

I'd say entirely safe, a 10, if you know what you're doing. Easiest if you already have a9lh, just have all the needed files in the 'a9lh' folder and run the provided 'arm9loaderhax.bin' once (then swap your normal bin back in place.)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a gateway soon for the cheats but I want to be able to use normal cfw aswell
I agree with Retrofan to be honest. The best scenario is Gateway listen to their testers and see the best solution would be to release an arm9loaderhax.bin payload for existing A9LH users. It does no harm to wait a little longer. I mean, if they don't do anything like that, there's nothing stopping you from going back to this alpha and using Liomajor's installer.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Has screen init.

I'd say entirely safe, a 10, if you know what you're doing. Easiest if you already have a9lh, just have all the needed files in the 'al9h' folder and run the provided 'arm9loaderhax.bin' once (then swap your normal bin back in place.)
well I switched to a no-screen-init payload using safea9lhinstaller so I guess I sort of know what I'm doing

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
even though i doubt it, the gateway team might still come to their senses and release a regular, loadable .bin file for regular a9lh users. but yes, to be fair we should wait for the final release.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well since modifying the payload seems to be safe (not sure how much special gw code is in there), the only threat would be using the leaked launcher.dat right? (assuming you already have a9lh and don't need any of the leaked tools)
I'm using the modified payload atm but with 3.7.1 launcher since none of the extra features are needed now that I joined the master race :P (that should be safe right?)

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So wait. I want to load Gateway mode on Sysnand so I can ditch Emunand. How can I do this automatically without having to go through the Gateway manu?

No, I'm not interested in playing online. My connection is crap on ice.

Last edited by NEO117,

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My current setup is A9LH + Luma 3DS on sysnand 11. My GW cart hasn't been used since A9LH came out. What do I do to make benefits out of this?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So wait. I want to load Gateway mode on Sysnand so I can ditch Emunand. How can I do this automatically without having to go through the Gateway manu?

No, I'm not interested in playing online. My connection is crap on ice.
If you remove EmuNAND entirely, it will boot to GW Sysnand automatically without going through the menu. Let me find the source and I'll edit this post in a bit.

Edit: http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-status-of-gateway-and-a9lh.427889/page-44#post-6396192

Last edited by samiam144,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I use the modified SafeA9LHUpdater can I delete all the files in a9lh folder and put the modified a9lh.bin and the launcher.dat file in my luma folder so I can launch each one with a single button, or would that break everything?

GW's payload looks for "Launcher.dat" in the root, so, that's where it has to stay (unless someone can decrypt the payload). For the second hotkey it's configured to use "a9lh/arm9loaderhax.bin" so, that has to be there (you might be able to hex edit it to be "luma/arm9loaderhax.bin" but there's not much point). I would leave the "a9lh" folder there in case you want to make changes to your setup. If you want single button hotkeys though, there's no shortage of single-button payloads in the archive liomajor posted here. Just pick any two you weren't otherwise using and you're good to go (you can easily replace the payload_stage1.bin with one of these and even re-run the installer as many times as you want in search of the right combination, just keep the modified Safe A9LH Installer as "a9lh/arm9loaderhax.bin" so you have easy access to it from your second hotkey).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii