Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Inunah said:
Plasma_Panda said:
Is there any way to make more Sims in the world?
ohnoes.png
I was hoping to have my friends in real life roam around the city.
Yes. Here's the way.

1. Go to walmart.
2. Go to the electronics section.
3. Buy Sims 3 for PC.
4. Go home.
5. Install game.
6. Play game.

And there you have it.

I seem to remember people telling the exact same thing to you, Inunah.
Funny, that you'd post it to someone else.

Anyway, what with my AK being broken, I haven't had the chance to try this out, but it certainly looks like the PC version.
If they're able to pull it off, it's bound to be great!

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
Plasma_Panda said:
ohnoes.png
Yes. Here's the way.

1. Go to walmart.
2. Go to the electronics section.
3. Buy Sims 3 for PC.
4. Go home.
5. Install game.
6. Play game.

And there you have it.

Lulz, I'm liking the step by step
tongue.gif

Just want to say how much I *APPRECIATE* this game.. Finally a Sims game on DS that has replay value, not just the same old lame story-based game that's over in a few hours! It's actually quite fun in short play sessions.. imo, even without the multiple sims :/

Fallentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so weird.
I'm playing the game just fine using an M3 Real, using M3 sakura and the woodm3.nds
I just did the exact same thing from the super scribblenaughts thing.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=259...p;#entry3219536

I've been playing for a good 30minutes now, and i've not notice anything unusual. Then again if the AP is active, i don't have a lot to compare it too. But nothing jumps out and screams (remove your eyepatch and hook hand.)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fallentine said:
This is so weird.
I'm playing the game just fine using an M3 Real, using M3 sakura and the woodm3.nds
I just did the exact same thing from the super scribblenaughts thing.

I've been playing for a good 30minutes now, and i've not notice anything unusual. Then again if the AP is active, i don't have a lot to compare it too. But nothing jumps out and screams (remove your eyepatch and hook hand.)

Check your entertainment meter. Does it climb back up when you watch TV?

Fallentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Check your entertainment meter. Does it climb back up when you watch TV?

It rockets right up with 3 green >. Though i rarely watch tv, as my sim finds other actions plenty entertaining. the entertainment bar has never dropped below 75%. And all the others drop at a normal rate.

The only thing that seems doubled is the hunger which commonly has 2 red

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Plasma_Panda said:
ohnoes.png

I was about to come here and ask that same question and noticed you got alot of abuse for what seems a perfectly valid question but from what i can tell you cant.
frown.gif
I really wish that the 3 profiles on the game ran in the same city instead of create a new city each time but i cant really complain since its amazing how much they put in this game already.

One more question tho. via hacking and editing is it possible to change the name of a bot already in the game? (yes im that anal about having people i "know" in the game lol)

iYoshi-

Trophies
XP
Country
Terenigma said:
Plasma_Panda said:
ohnoes.png

I was about to come here and ask that same question and noticed you got alot of abuse for what seems a perfectly valid question but from what i can tell you cant.
frown.gif
I really wish that the 3 profiles on the game ran in the same city instead of create a new city each time but i cant really complain since its amazing how much they put in this game already.

One more question tho. via hacking and editing is it possible to change the name of a bot already in the game? (yes im that anal about having people i "know" in the game lol)
Could be done via AR yes?
I second this anyway

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and people still think that ar codes can do everything.

the game doesn't have different names/secondary for everyone. you'll need to rom hack it.

Fallentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
-snip- you'll need to rom hack it.

You might be able to get away with just a sav editor. As it compiles all the names and the npc stats when you start a new profile. And then NPC names are stored within the sav, bound to the npc's ID. So you can change the name within the save. As once the npc data is stored in the save, it is no longer called from the rom.
This is all backed up by the fact names change by marriage.

Now then, it could be possible with an AR. But it definitely won't be easy. Essentially what you would do is alter the name, and save. And it should keep, as it should store the name every time you save. Sounds resource heavy and complex. but really it's not. And names take up so little space within a save. Take pokemon for example, you can change the name of anything. Player, npc, pokemon. However NPC names are called from the rom on load and aren't stored. So they don't save. Or at least i haven't been able to make it save using an emulator.

I hope this helps. I'm a somewhat acceptable code hacker, not great, not bad, but my M3 Real is holding me back. Once i get a SCDS2 where i can open a menu while ingame to search for cheats, i should be able to make some decent cheats.

Fallentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else with an M3 DS Real mind trying to scribblenaughts trick from I want to confirm if it's just me that's having good luck with this.

I've restarted my DS, i've tested all the Needs after the restart, my game is running perfectly, no AP anywhere.

Unless of course the AP also makes your characters butt-ugly.

Only thing i noticed that's a bit off now, is some wishes don't show up, and sometimes an empty blue box where hover over the 2 promise wish boxes.
I was at 9 logic for a while, never got the wish to get to logic 10, which sucks as those offer a ton of points.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a save editor ONLY edits your stats. it cannot, and will not, edit the other sim's names.
it's completely different than rom hacking.

Fallentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
a save editor ONLY edits your stats. it cannot, and will not, edit the other sim's names.

This is giving the names of the npc's are not stored within the save.
Though once a marriage in game happens and the last name changes, it could call on the name, instead of storing it.
If you checked already, let me know. But i'm still willing to leave out hope that the names are saved within the sav file. Much like how a pokemons name is saved within it's save file. Or your rivals name in pokemon.

Save editors for other games have already proven they can edit some names. Pretty much any name that can be changed within game, is stored within the save.
If you can change an npc's last name, you might be able to change their first name too.
Then again i don't even know if you can get married in this game, i've spent all my time building my stats.
You can also change the names of NPC's within other versions of the game, such as PC, as they are stored within the save file.
512kb is a lot when it comes to nds saves, you can store a lot of information in 512kb. Easily enough for all the npc's names, especially since there aren't a lot of npc's.
Especially since it would only take

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fallentine said:
basher11 said:

This is giving the names of the npc's are not stored within the save.
Though once a marriage in game happens and the last name changes, it could call on the name, instead of storing it.
If you checked already, let me know. But i'm still willing to leave out hope that the names are saved within the sav file. Much like how a pokemons name is saved within it's save file. Or your rivals name in pokemon.

Save editors for other games have already proven they can edit some names. Pretty much any name that can be changed within game, is stored within the save.
If you can change an npc's last name, you might be able to change their first name too.
Then again i don't even know if you can get married in this game, i've spent all my time building my stats.
You can also change the names of NPC's within other versions of the game, such as PC, as they are stored within the save file.
512kb is a lot when it comes to nds saves, you can store a lot of information in 512kb. Easily enough for all the npc's names, especially since there aren't a lot of npc's.
Especially since it would only take

Renegade Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, its my first time on the forums (yay!) but I'm stuck in the game. I don't know how to entertain my sim at all. I've tried watching TV, using the PC, going to the movies and since my sim is athletic, I even made him do workouts. Nothing works for me. I'm using the DS version in case it's important.

Renegade Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, its my first time on the forums (yay!) but I'm stuck in the game. I don't know how to entertain my sim at all. I've tried watching TV, using the PC, going to the movies and since my sim is athletic, I even made him do workouts. Nothing works for me. I'm using the DS version in case it's important.

My bad about the repeated post and I don't know how to delete either. Forgive a noob!

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Renegade Zero said:

1. If you didn´t mention you´re playing it on the DS, we would just have assumed that anyway because we discuss DSgames here ;-)
2. May I assume you are playing a rom on a flashcart? If so, which flashcart is it and if possible also tell us what version of it´s firmware u are using, because your problem sounds just like it´s the AP (Anti-Piracy) of the game and it would be a lot easier to tell you if and how we could help you out with that ;-)

Last but not least, welcome on the temp and don´t please don´t feed the trolls as they would likely bite of your arm in the prozes
rolleyes.gif

Renegade Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SirCB85 said:
Renegade Zero said:

1. If you didn´t mention you´re playing it on the DS, we would just have assumed that anyway because we discuss DSgames here ;-)
2. May I assume you are playing a rom on a flashcart? If so, which flashcart is it and if possible also tell us what version of it´s firmware u are using, because your problem sounds just like it´s the AP (Anti-Piracy) of the game and it would be a lot easier to tell you if and how we could help you out with that ;-)

Last but not least, welcome on the temp and don´t please don´t feed the trolls as they would likely bite of your arm in the prozes
rolleyes.gif

Im using the acekard 2i 1.8.0 and the rom isnt patched to my knowledge. Ill try not to feed the trolls as well, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn