PS1/2 The Silver Case [PS1] Fan Translation [WIP]

cj_iwakura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(This has been cancelled due to the forthcoming PC localization, just leaving it here for posterity.)

tsc.jpg

For anyone who's curious, iwakura productions' first project was Castle Shikigami and Ougon Musou Kyoku.

The Silver Case is the first part of the aptly-named Kill The Past series, which includes Flower, Sun, and Rain(PS2/DS) and Killer7(GC, 'PS2').

The player navigates their way through a series of situations in a first-person perspective. The player character can move from node to node on an invisible grid (but with the graphics drawn in real-time 3D), rotating their view horizontally and vertically, and selecting actions to carry out on various items in the environment, or in the character's inventory.

Non-interactive story elements are presented in a unique style dubbed “Film Window” by the game's creators. While the story and dialogue proceeds in written text, other information and images regarding the story or presentation such as real-time 3D displays, real-life photographs, 2D illustrations, video, typography, texts, etc. are constantly changed and displayed in a series of frames that are automatically opened and closed as the main text displays.

This was a real Suda 51 Trip, in short. We've extracted the files and are working on IDing the script, but there's every indication this is gonna take a while. Still, I love this game, and hopefully you all will too.

Media and stuff:

pretop.gif

3D0Pg.jpg

tsc4.png

tsc5.png

tsc6.png

tsc7.png

tsc8.png

Ex68kb1.jpg

WC9Vih0.jpg

Last edited by cj_iwakura,

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, thanks a lot :D
I never heard about this game before, but it looks very cool and unique; and I love visual novels in the vein of Famicom Detective II, and with the Suda twist, color me interested :)
Looking forward for the translation :)

suzaknyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been wanting to play this since i beat killer 7 as well yayy,

any progress? i wonder how long till its ready for release :unsure:

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey sorry for necrobumping this thread. but this thread shows on the first page when I googled about silver case DS (wondering if there is any leak of the unreleased game...)

this game has been released and it looked interesting!

Last edited by eriol33,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though Fire Emblem If was being localized to US fans were still translating the game knowing full well it was going to be censored to high heavens and I'm grateful for all the fan work that was put into making sure we got the purest and untainted experience we deserve.

Not saying this will be the same case but fan translations arent entirely pointless even if its going to be localized officially.

cj_iwakura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but in this case... haha, a fan translation would be kind of pointless. What we got is a flawless version and puts the PS1 release to shame. If anyone wanted to try and retrofit the script onto the PS1 version, I'd be all for it, but that's a lot of work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length +1