Hardware The Pro Controller NEEDS to come with the Wii U

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I first saw the Pro Controller I almost fell out of my seat, eversince last year's E3 my mind was asking the questions

"How many GamePads would the Wii U support"

"what if you didn't wnat to make a game with the gamepad"

I was fearing that the only standard controller we would have would be the Wii's Classic Controller, which isn't a bad controller but the fact its tethered to the Wiimote is real failure on its part, that and no rumble....

When it comes to the Wii, most theird parties refused to develop for it for 2 reasons;

1. Its power compared to the PS360

2. Control scheme wasn't the easiest to develop for

Now they have reason 1 scratched out with the Wii U, but reason 2 will be decided if the Pro Controller is packed in with the Wii U at launch and here is why. Lets use an example, Kinect and Move, the biggest issue surronding the Kinect and Move is game developers deciding wether or not to develop their games around these controls for the simple fact that not everyone owns them, while in the case of the Wii, everyone who owned the system owned the WiiMote and Nunchuck, same couldn't be the said about the 360 or PS3.

If the Pro Controller is a sold sepreately accessory it could lead to many problems with the game side of things, developers will feel unsure of bringing major third party titles if they feel like they HAVE to use the gamepad because not everyone owns a Pro Controller.

But, then again, everyone who wants those game could just buy the Pro Controller and that could be the end of that.

Thoughts?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The whole idea is that you can use ANY means of control with any wiiu game.
There's really NOTHING to complain about.

Jesus, now this?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The touchscreen controller still has all the buttons and stuff of a regular Playstation/Xbox controller, just with a screen in the middle.

They don't have to use the touchscreen and if they want to, just map something like menus to the touchscreen. It's not that hard.

Reactions: 9 people

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If developers don't want to make games that rely on using the gamepad, why don't they simply make games that don't use the gamepad? It's not like every wii game used all the motion fluff of the wiimotes.

The good thing about hardcore gamers is that they'll get the pro controller anyway, whereas the casual gamers will never get it. Kinda unfair to make them pay extra for a controller they don't even want.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just NO. The WiiU's main drawing point is the WiiU Gamepad. We don't need to bundle in the pro controller to add market confusion. The last thing Nintendo wants the customer to say is, "Why am I using this controller when I could be using THAT controller?" I'm just happy I get to keep using the Remote/Nunchuck. Would have been nice to see some GameCube support. I'm guessing that it's time for me to shop around the idea of a GameCube to Wii Remote Adapter.

Reactions: 6 people

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why don't they just release a bundle at launch with the pro controller in it. Like a bundle with ZombieU, the pro controller, and the WiiU and gamepad. I for one want a pro controller so I definitely be down with a bundle with the controller included :P

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Zombi U uses the GamePad heavily? Why are you guys using that as the example for a pro controller bundle? Because it's an FPS?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zombi U uses the GamePad heavily? Why are you guys using that as the example for a pro controller bundle? Because it's an FPS?

Mostly because its the one game in the current WiiU library that will probably appeal to the "Hardcorez" the most. Logically, if Nintendo were to create a hardcore bundle, it would be with this game to get the "M-Rated" only crowd or Batman to also include a slightly younger audience.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The touchscreen controller still has all the buttons and stuff of a regular Playstation/Xbox controller, just with a screen in the middle.

They don't have to use the touchscreen and if they want to, just map something like menus to the touchscreen. It's not that hard.
When your bosses are *snip* and won't even assign a team to port it to Wii U, it is hard.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When your bosses are *snip* and won't even assign a team to port it to Wii U, it is hard.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like it that much then you wouldn't mind having to buy it separately. I know I don't mind, and I will buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-