Hacking The Official Thread of Argon channels steal.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, apparently modchip manufacturer Argon is a great fan of GBAtemp channels, I just spoted my NES channel in their official site, guess what? not credits, contacts were given. Before people start saying "LOL your channel has Nintendo logo, a NES controller, you copied first LOL" that´s right, the difference is that people that make channels "like me" don´t recieve a pay for it, we do those channels for the GBAtemp community, Homebrew community in general. Is just lame see how people steal your work and make a lucrative exercise from it.

If you have been scamed for Argon post here.

Check out here
http://www.argonchannel.com/argonchannel.html

screen1.jpg

NES Channel from me

screen1.jpg

The WADManager channel is from a GBAtemp user too, Blue-K thought.

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ya theirs a few funny posts on their forum from a guy named 'argon_sux_c$%k' .. heres a reply to one of his posts regarding selling no credited homebrew ..

quote from MasterDAVID .. argon admin.

QUOTE said:
In all cases is not obligatory to install argonchannel for sure, and everywhere on the website there is the NOTE that all these things are possible with HACKERCHANNEL or other systems...

About software we don't sell nothing, we build only a channel that for FREE give some "autoinstaller" applications... but well I see that the intelligent people understand that... in the world DUMMY guys are everywhere...

BYE

its a joke .. i hope no one buys their shitty chip / software.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OriginalHamster said:
...your channel has Nintendo logo, a NES controller, you copied first LOL" that´s right, the difference is that people that make channels "like me" don´t recieve a pay for it

It's stealing either way, you don't own the rights to their logo nor have you been granted the rights. Profiting off of it just makes it a criminal legal matter versus getting a letter saying "Please stop using our logo..blah blah".

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
thinkoutsidetheb0x said:
OriginalHamster said:
...your channel has Nintendo logo, a NES controller, you copied first LOL" that´s right, the difference is that people that make channels "like me" don´t recieve a pay for it

It's stealing either way, you don't own the rights to their logo nor have you been granted the rights. Profiting off of it just makes it a criminal legal matter versus getting a letter saying "Please stop using our logo..blah blah".

I don't see it different to use a Nintendo character as avatar in a forum, make a fanart, cosplaying, or have a Ninty logo in your room, etc.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't compare apples to oranges. Using their IP in conjuction with something illegal is what makes it bad. Simply put Nintendo doesn't want any unlicensed code running on their console. Regardless if it's a homebrew game that you shoot apples with a smiling rainbow or an emulator. It's still illegal.

Cosplay, an avatar, fanart. Different use of IP and how it's being represented.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Please note that the comments made by Argon2 are not those of WiiNewz or myself. Had I seen them earlier, that thread would have been deleted.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably not neccesary anymore since the argon site now says;

QUOTE said:
2009-01-12 21:36:13
COPYRIGHT ISSUE - UNDER FIXINGAfter the copyright issue of some parts of our project, expecially with MARCAN.
we decide to:

1- Remove TWILIGH HACK from our server
2- Remove all the applications that the owners don't authorize the distribution
3- We will remove LEGAL from the advertise of ARGON2, it will be nothing more than another modchip

We apologize about all this with HOMEBREW comunity and MARCAN.
We will meet in few days MARCAN to verify all is ok and any of his "copyright" are violated

Now we will start to develope our own applications that we will offer trought argonchannel soon.
SMS GATEWAY will be one of these, the possibility to send out SMS messagges to HANDY PHONES for free.

ARGONCHANNEL TEAM
linky
I wonder when they are gonna remove the apps from their website and if they really do keep their word for it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest , the damage that this community alone could cause to a product like theres would be massive.

If everyone on here put a "dont buy Argon chip" image into their signature it wwould seriously undermine anyone wanting to get one of them who did any research at all.

The silly thing is , no one on here would mind him sharing any of the wads if he asks them first and if its kept free.

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
if programmers are so pissed off with argon why not make your apps detect the argon chip and refuse to install or run there must be a way to do this that would ruin homebrew for argon

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
NeoRame said:
Arm the Homeless said:
We're starting a thread about stopping thiefs when just about everyone here is using the "Backup" Loader for piracy purposes.

BINGO, this is totally that what i´m think.... but i like the topic title "A little piracy hurt nobody", too ;-)

Wrong thread BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDY

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jacklaidlaw said:
if programmers are so pissed off with argon why not make your apps detect the argon chip and refuse to install or run there must be a way to do this that would ruin homebrew for argon
nice try. don't you think nintendo tried ss like that before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-