The Nintendo Switch is officially launching in Brazil

switch brazil.jpg

Back in 2015, Nintendo stopped all of its direct sales in Brazil, reportedly due to huge taxes it had to pay in order to continue its operations. Nintendo fans had to resort to imports and resellers so as purchase Nintendo consoles like the Switch. Recently, the country lowered its import tax on electronic games hardware and could be the reason to attract Nintendo back to resume its sales in the country. The console maker announced today that the Nintendo Switch will officially launch in the country. No time frame was given other than it will be "coming soon".

:arrow: SOURCE

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2400 BRL? Where did you found at that price? All i see is 3000BRL+
Switches were around that price before the {REDACTED} virus.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Brazilians: What kind of SEGA is this?
can you please shut up? Nintendo was very much a thing in the 90's and 2000's.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A bad joke i'm tired of hearing.

So to stop the jokes you don't like... you react sterically to them? if there's one thing I learned in our crap public schools is that if you don't want a joke to continue you just ignore it.

Anyways, you're Brazilian, there's so much crap going on in this country right now and we are going to have some dark times ahead economically, I suggest you save your energy for that. Once you get hit by a true crysys like the ones we used to get in the 90's the last thing you'll be stressing about are silly jokes in the internet.

Last edited by evertonstz,

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So to stop the jokes you don't like... you react sterically to them? if there's one thing I learned in our crap public schools is that if you don't want a joke to continue you just ignore it.

Anyways, you're Brazilian, there's so much crap going on in this country right now and we are going to have some dark times ahead economically, I suggest you save your energy for that. Once you get hit by a true crysys like the ones we used to get in the 90's the last thing you'll be stressing about are silly jokes in the internet.
He is right to be mad, it is a borderline racist stereotype, arguably getting worse than the "gib monei plox" of the old time.

And if our "crap" public schools taught you that, they taught you wrong. Ignoring shit never worked, people will keep BS you, trust me I have been there, have done that.
And get off that high horse, mate, muh crap muh dark times? C'mon dude, you are not even that old to have seen all the BS (you were born in 94), by the time you were properly self-aware, Brazil was doing great with Plano Real, followed by the boom of commodities. The biggest risk here are related to our individual freedoms at worst, the economy will probably keep stagnated as it was before around 2014 and will slowly recover over the years like the rest of the world.

Reactions: Karones
D

Deleted User

question for brazillians, is pc gaming semiviable there? in uruguay console taxes are also high, but pc parts, while still heavily taxed, are semireasonable, plus, steam officially supports the region so games are also reasonably priced

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
question for brazillians, is pc gaming semiviable there? in uruguay console taxes are also high, but pc parts, while still heavily taxed, are semireasonable, plus, steam officially supports the region so games are also reasonably priced
Yeah, it's semiviable but still too expensive for the average gamer (the PC parts, not the games. The games on Steam mostly have good prices here.)

Reactions: Deleted User

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

AAA complete edition game often costs 250,00~300,00BRL.

almost 1/3 of minimum wage (r$ 1045,00). The thing is, more than half brazilian population don't even get a minimum salary. so NO, IS NOT GOOD, NEVER WAS.

The hardware prices are calculated with the dolar in comparisson with local currency, because Brazil dont produce techonologic shit, we import.

Back in 2011, I would say hardware prices was fine, when the dolar was close to brazilian real (1 dolar = 1,50 brl, now 2020 1 dolar = 5,60 brl). So the hardware prices here are as high as Jimi Hendrix in woodstock.

The last 2 years things became most problematic here and the whole world knows why.

Years ago, we often import from Paraguay, because of the low taxes there, thing come there close to their original prices in Dolar. Uruguay people do(did) that too, I presume. Not viable anymore.

Last edited by almmiron,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@