1. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    justice for brazillian gamers! I understand the viewpoint that video games software and hardwares are taxed higher as they are considered as luxury goods, but the tax was ridiculously high.

2. ReBirFh

ReBirFh Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Nahh I think the games were priced correctly or at least closer to what one would pay importing by themselves. For games to be sold at $80, the dollar to real conversion would have to be less than 2 reais at the time. I had a full set of Wii U releases and I think the worst I paid was Bayonetta 2 which was less than R$ 200,00 for sure.

3. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if its in any way the same its here on my country with sony then it will be twice what it cost in the usa.

4. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

United States
    Cool, no longer will you need to smuggle it in between a Clothing and Food barrel :rofl2:

5. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    Welcome to the game, my Brazilian comrades!
    Hack this shit up as soon as you guys get it, and I hope you guys can do your magic on the scene :)

almmiron and Victorzer like this.
  6. Mr Skinner

Mr Skinner Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    The news here in Brazil caused mixed reactions, basically because among the community, the official launch of a console here, does not necessarily mean that this console will be cheaper. As has already been said by some above, the tax burden that taxes consumption ... added to the status culture "for acquiring a good" in Brazil, contributes to the fact that prices remain very high.

Perhaps, the only positive point (celebrated by some, including myself), would be a drop of the Nintendo Switch in the Gray Market. Lately here, consoles (even used ones) have become speculation assets, with Mariko models switches, sold for $ 500 or so. The global scarcity contributes to speculation mechanics never seen here.

Stealphie and TheCasualties like this.
  7. jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

United States
    MMMMMario. you are going to brazil!

8. Gust4Oliveira

Gust4Oliveira Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    i hope it comes affordable, at least at the same price of other consoles.

9. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Who gives a fuck, really, the system has had fuck all but old ports and crappy indy games, and nintendo cant even be arsed and ports old shit.

But wow talk about creating a sales demand, 5 years later making it available.

I used to love nintendo, but now they suck balls, old inferior hardware, old/inferior games.

And no, i dont give two fucks about its same old recycled first party titles that they cant even be arsed to do a new one.

Nintendo is so stale and repetitive, its been said long ago, they should leave the console market and go third party.

We are not interested in old cheap hardware gimmicks, you even fucked the switch up by making it portable only, so all games that need the not so joyful con, will not work.

I bet thats just to try prevent the current exploit method and also replace thr 3ds when they said the switch isnt a 3ds replacement.

But due to its cheap and shit hardware and the ps5/xboxsx launches nintendo will be in trouble and will need to launch a new system.

Reminder that this will be their 3rd console during 1 generation.

Cheap shit, dont ever invest in nintendo.

JuanMena and Rail Fighter like this.
  10. evertonstz

evertonstz GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Nintendo was selling the Wii U 7 years ago for 1900 Reais, back then the 1 USD = 2,60 Reais (now 1 USD = 5,60 Reais). The Wii U retailed for 300 USD in the US 7 years ago, same price as the Mariko Switch. I don't really want to be a party pooper, but the mariko switch won't cost less than 4500 USD, I personally think it'll cost 5000 USD. Anything less Nintendo will be doing charity and selling the console at a loss.

Stealphie likes this.
  11. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    I strongly suggest you to get some fries to accompany all this salt.

You may hate or not give a fuck about it, but this is basically history being written. Nintendo never cared about Brazilian gamers, so this is a good news.

Karones, KingVamp, Moon164 and 5 others like this.
  12. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    And who gives a toss, theyve not missed out on anything.

Guess sales are not true and as good as they claimed to then launch in a region they fucked over.

Its all about money.

13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    So...Brazilians can finally stop cramming nintendo cartridges into cisco switches and REALLY start gaming, eh? :creep:

Stealphie likes this.
  14. Windowlicker

Windowlicker INTJ Idiot

Greece
    Pls com 2 hy-brasil

15. phalk

phalk Handheld Maniac

Brazil
    It was 1.80 at the time. I'm talking about 3DS in 2011.
    3DS games were $40 and sold for BRL 150.00 with the exchange rates at +-1.80. They were selling the games for almost double the price.

Last edited by phalk, Aug 20, 2020
  16. bluetifae

bluetifae Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I have a friend from Brazil who was really upset about the initial launch. I'm happy for them, but I don't know if they'll be happy getting a Switch this late. With a potential NX2 next year, this might not even be worth it.

17. Bizzarro

Bizzarro Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Coming to aonde rapá? Levanta os joycons pra cima que isso é um desbloqueio mermão!
    Welcome again to the land that's jailbreak by nature. Now our taxes can finally kill the snake and show the stick to the nintendo

YBLP and Victorzer like this.
  18. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    The only country where you pay more for a switch than a PS4...

19. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    Not at all. In Indonesia a new switch has a similar price as ps4.

20. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Probably coz most of exploits in the past were made by Brazilian hackers so they delayed it haha

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - officially, launching, Nintendo